• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    omg I'm freaking out.

Already entered it into the PVR. I'm even going to watch the Pregame Show.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    omg I'm freaking out.

Leave a comment:

• RDV
    replied
    Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    ...I like the balance of risks and "sure things". If one of your risks works out and your sure things can contribute I think you're winning.
    I suspect if Bruno does not make a significant showing in the D-League he will be replaced by another high-risk draft pick in the 2017 draft especially with two 1st rounders and one second. Next summer, assuming no trades, the Raptors youth tree will require trimming.
    So far I've not heard Casey talk about BeBe when he's mentioning the training camp young players of note. BeBe may already be on the thin edge. Just hope Bruno can handle that distraction if it comes to pass.

Leave a comment:

• Sinbad
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    Well we can look past that now and hope DD follows through on what he said and involve JV more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hopefully so, but I won't hold my breath. It just really rubs me the wrong way that JV, who was fully capable of shouldering additional responsibility and handling more touches the past few years, had to "earn the right" to have the ball passed to him despite being wide open. That's toxic for team ball.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Sinbad wrote: View Post
    Valanciunas shouldn't have had to "earn the right" to get the ball when DeRozan had defenders draped all over him during the playoffs. The media/fanbase united to admonish him about his selfish decision-making too. When has he shown the slightest interest in consistently involving JV over the last few years? When has he been willing to sacrifice his FGA's and touches? This is sheer arrogance. I'll believe that DeRozan is willing to share when I see it from him on a consistent basis.
    Well we can look past that now and hope DD follows through on what he said and involve JV more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Sinbad
    replied
    Deino wrote: View Post
    Derosan on JV having more touches down low :

He is deserving of it,” DeRozan said. “There is nothing that needs to be talked about. He earned it and it’s definitely going to come. I think he is more comfortable being in that position as well. It’s just us making a concerted effort inside, outside, in so we can have a rhythm as a team.”
    DeRozan said if it comes down to losing touches so Valanciunas can have a bigger role, he’s fine with that.
    “It’s a possibility,” he said. “We carry a big load. Now it’s time, like I said, JV earned that right to where he can take the load off us and we can lean on him. Kind of find that balance within so we can be a better team.”
    http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Basketbal...ortsbasketball
    Valanciunas shouldn't have had to "earn the right" to get the ball when DeRozan had defenders draped all over him during the playoffs. The media/fanbase united to admonish him about his selfish decision-making too. When has he shown the slightest interest in consistently involving JV over the last few years? When has he been willing to sacrifice his FGA's and touches? This is sheer arrogance. I'll believe that DeRozan is willing to share when I see it from him on a consistent basis.
    Last edited by Sinbad; Sat Oct 1, 2016, 12:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deino
    replied
    http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Basketbal...ortsbasketball

Leave a comment:

• Deino
    replied
    Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Powell and Wright look to be players, Daniels got hit with some freak injuries so we don't know if that was a mistake. Siakam and Poetl should be something and Bruno, at the very least is hilarious.

I like the balance of risks and "sure things". If one of your risks works out and your sure things can contribute I think you're winning.
    I think we should embrace this description for draft "risks" and acknowledge the consequences ie:hit and miss on a rational scale,cause in some people's mind MU is no only a brilliant GM but also "does not make that kind of mistakes" !! now what if a draftee doesn't pan out(a bust) does anyone expect the front office to come out and admit it of course not .

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    Exactly. But it still stings that Masai's reasoning behind picking Bruno there instead of Capela was that the Spurs were interested in him. He's a bust. Time to move on. Though picking Deandre Daniels, a player that was never going to get playing time with the 37th pick instead of taking a look at Jokic stings too. Masai really whiffed on the 2014 draft.
    Powell and Wright look to be players, Daniels got hit with some freak injuries so we don't know if that was a mistake. Siakam and Poetl should be something and Bruno, at the very least is hilarious.

I like the balance of risks and "sure things". If one of your risks works out and your sure things can contribute I think you're winning.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Exactly. But it still stings that Masai's reasoning behind picking Bruno there instead of Capela was that the Spurs were interested in him. He's a bust. Time to move on. Though picking Deandre Daniels, a player that was never going to get playing time with the 37th pick instead of taking a look at Jokic stings too. Masai really whiffed on the 2014 draft.
    Whenever you feel frustrated on a whiffed pick that cost us a Clint capela, just remember these words:

With the second pick in the 1984 nba draft....

Leave a comment:

• Sinbad
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I would say 17-18 we could hope for spot minutes in non garbage time. He needs to take a huge step in the d league first.

Bruno is either still a couple years away, or he never makes it at all. It is what it is. No GM in history bats 1.000 at the draft, least of all with the 20th pick.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Good point. Lots of posts over guys that will likely have little/no impact in couse of season. The one guy that could create more of a buzz or impact is Bruno. Bruno has got to be getting closer to being able to play even limited minutes in NBA?
    I would say 17-18 we could hope for spot minutes in non garbage time. He needs to take a huge step in the d league first.

Bruno is either still a couple years away, or he never makes it at all. It is what it is. No GM in history bats 1.000 at the draft, least of all with the 20th pick.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Does it really matter who makes the team as the 15th man? they're not going to play.

A few years ago it was Stone. 2 years ago it was the big Euro guy. I can't even remember his name. Last year it was Bennett.
    Good point. Lots of posts over guys that will likely have little/no impact in couse of season. The one guy that could create more of a buzz or impact is Bruno. Bruno has got to be getting closer to being able to play even limited minutes in NBA?

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Stiemsma? He's from like green bay which Is quite a literal and figurative distance from Europe
    To be fair it sounds like a hella Dutch name

Plus we never saw him play or speak, and he has bright blonde hair and blue eyes lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X