Everything Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinbad wrote: View Post
    Exactly. But it still stings that Masai's reasoning behind picking Bruno there instead of Capela was that the Spurs were interested in him. He's a bust. Time to move on. Though picking Deandre Daniels, a player that was never going to get playing time with the 37th pick instead of taking a look at Jokic stings too. Masai really whiffed on the 2014 draft.
    Powell and Wright look to be players, Daniels got hit with some freak injuries so we don't know if that was a mistake. Siakam and Poetl should be something and Bruno, at the very least is hilarious.

I like the balance of risks and "sure things". If one of your risks works out and your sure things can contribute I think you're winning.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      Powell and Wright look to be players, Daniels got hit with some freak injuries so we don't know if that was a mistake. Siakam and Poetl should be something and Bruno, at the very least is hilarious.

I like the balance of risks and "sure things". If one of your risks works out and your sure things can contribute I think you're winning.
      I think we should embrace this description for draft "risks" and acknowledge the consequences ie:hit and miss on a rational scale,cause in some people's mind MU is no only a brilliant GM but also "does not make that kind of mistakes" !! now what if a draftee doesn't pan out(a bust) does anyone expect the front office to come out and admit it of course not .

Comment

Derosan on JV having more touches down low :

He is deserving of it,” DeRozan said. “There is nothing that needs to be talked about. He earned it and it’s definitely going to come. I think he is more comfortable being in that position as well. It’s just us making a concerted effort inside, outside, in so we can have a rhythm as a team.”
        DeRozan said if it comes down to losing touches so Valanciunas can have a bigger role, he’s fine with that.
        “It’s a possibility,” he said. “We carry a big load. Now it’s time, like I said, JV earned that right to where he can take the load off us and we can lean on him. Kind of find that balance within so we can be a better team.”
        http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Basketbal...ortsbasketball

Comment

Deino wrote: View Post
          Derosan on JV having more touches down low :

He is deserving of it,” DeRozan said. “There is nothing that needs to be talked about. He earned it and it’s definitely going to come. I think he is more comfortable being in that position as well. It’s just us making a concerted effort inside, outside, in so we can have a rhythm as a team.”
          DeRozan said if it comes down to losing touches so Valanciunas can have a bigger role, he’s fine with that.
          “It’s a possibility,” he said. “We carry a big load. Now it’s time, like I said, JV earned that right to where he can take the load off us and we can lean on him. Kind of find that balance within so we can be a better team.”
          http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Basketbal...ortsbasketball
          Valanciunas shouldn't have had to "earn the right" to get the ball when DeRozan had defenders draped all over him during the playoffs. The media/fanbase united to admonish him about his selfish decision-making too. When has he shown the slightest interest in consistently involving JV over the last few years? When has he been willing to sacrifice his FGA's and touches? This is sheer arrogance. I'll believe that DeRozan is willing to share when I see it from him on a consistent basis.
          Last edited by Sinbad; Fri Sep 30, 2016, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Valanciunas shouldn't have had to "earn the right" to get the ball when DeRozan had defenders draped all over him during the playoffs. The media/fanbase united to admonish him about his selfish decision-making too. When has he shown the slightest interest in consistently involving JV over the last few years? When has he been willing to sacrifice his FGA's and touches? This is sheer arrogance. I'll believe that DeRozan is willing to share when I see it from him on a consistent basis.
            Well we can look past that now and hope DD follows through on what he said and involve JV more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
              Well we can look past that now and hope DD follows through on what he said and involve JV more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Hopefully so, but I won't hold my breath. It just really rubs me the wrong way that JV, who was fully capable of shouldering additional responsibility and handling more touches the past few years, had to "earn the right" to have the ball passed to him despite being wide open. That's toxic for team ball.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                ...I like the balance of risks and "sure things". If one of your risks works out and your sure things can contribute I think you're winning.
                I suspect if Bruno does not make a significant showing in the D-League he will be replaced by another high-risk draft pick in the 2017 draft especially with two 1st rounders and one second. Next summer, assuming no trades, the Raptors youth tree will require trimming.
                So far I've not heard Casey talk about BeBe when he's mentioning the training camp young players of note. BeBe may already be on the thin edge. Just hope Bruno can handle that distraction if it comes to pass.

Comment

omg I'm freaking out.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                    omg I'm freaking out.

Already entered it into the PVR. I'm even going to watch the Pregame Show.

Comment

It's good to see this approach from Derosan towards JV,my purpose is not to defend Derosan but to encourage offensive versatility where this issue is not restricted(within Raps system) to him but really the whole team and coaching staff,this is what Casey said :"Jonas’ challenge is to make sure he gets deep post position. So many times he allows the defense to force him out of his sweet spot. I think he has to continue to learn to use his body to establish his position and keep it.”
                      If this is not part of the system I wonder how to explain a similar scene in the summer league where Poeltl got the least amount of touches(if i'm not mistaken) among other teams bigs .

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          “I think the new guys are going to push the old guys,” Casey said. “The way Jakob [Poeltl] is playing, the way Pascal [Siakam] is playing. Two young guys with Freddie [VanVleet] and Drew [Crawford], those guys are playing well. You’ve got Norm [Powell] pushing T-Ross. I love the competition in camp. Through competition [the veterans] better get better or someone is going to catch them from behind. That’s the good thing about our team right now.”

-Casey

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          Smdh no mention of how hard Bruno is pushing our towel boy to the limit.

#nopleasingcasey

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Gotta love hearing Lowry saying "this IS home!" @ 2:13

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing if Casey and staff have been able to actually integrate Carroll into the starting five, as yet, or if they show anything tonight.

Carroll's effectiveness is the key to the Raps season, in my mind. If he doesn't step up from last year, it will leave a pretty big hole to fill. A healthy Carroll can more than compensate (along with the acquisition of Sullinger to replace Scola) for any hole left by Biyombo. It would be nice to see a taste of what a healthy Carroll, integrated into the Raps offense, really looks like in the pre-season/

Comment

Miekenstien wrote:
                              fuck you
                              cock mouth
                              smelly face

haha. offensive versatility.
                              Dude
                              I was away for about a week fixing my laptop and I just logged only to see this .
                              First i'm not sure if this foul language is meant towards me or the one in my previous post(Derosan and JV) however it is not acceptable in either way and in violation of forum rules,therefore I demand clarification and correction from you and moderator/webmaster.

Comment

Deino wrote: View Post
                                Dude
                                I was away for about a week fixing my laptop and I just logged only to see this .
                                First i'm not sure if this foul language is meant towards me or the one in my previous post(Derosan and JV) however it is not acceptable in either way and in violation of forum rules,therefore I demand clarification and correction from you and moderator/webmaster.
                                He's making a joke - he's showing his versatility being offensive. Probably in poor taste, but such was the punchline itself.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X