X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deino
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    If the adjective you use for that post is "disturbing" the world must be a scary place, let alone Internet comment sections
    Yeah the world is not perfect,we can take part in making it better of follow some trends blindly.
    "disturbing" is not only used to describe graphic images or scenes, certain statements could be considered disturbing as well.

Leave a comment:

• Deino
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    By trying to get people to change their behaviour on this forum, you are in fact, "forcing your values on others". If you don't like something you read on the internet, the mature thing to do is scroll past it, or block the person who offends you.

Sounds easy enough, no?
    In fact NO
    If it is posted out there I don't care and it's not my own business but when it is directed towards me on a reply to my post it becomes my business as it looks like swearing in my face and obviously I don't like it.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Deino wrote: View Post
    I respect your opinion.
    According to you it wasn't that funny which naturally gives it another outcome (pick the one you see reasonable): disturbing,insulting,silly."ill advised"...
    I don't think my panties are too knotted,rather something was really disturbing there.
    The thing is I don't force my values on others, always treat people with respect,and it's fair to expect the same in return.
    If the adjective you use for that post is "disturbing" the world must be a scary place, let alone Internet comment sections

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I respect your opinion.
    According to you it wasn't that funny which naturally gives it another outcome (pick the one you see reasonable): disturbing,insulting,silly."ill advised"...
    I don't think my panties are too knotted,rather something was really disturbing there.
    The thing is I don't force my values on others, always treat people with respect,and it's fair to expect the same in return.
    By trying to get people to change their behaviour on this forum, you are in fact, "forcing your values on others". If you don't like something you read on the internet, the mature thing to do is scroll past it, or block the person who offends you.

Sounds easy enough, no?

Leave a comment:

• Deino
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I'll agree the first joke wasn't that funny, but your panties are way too knotted, captain serious.
    I respect your opinion.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Wow I'm shocked to see someone defend the use of such disturbing foul language as an acceptable tool of communication whether it's meant in a serious manner or not(by the way if that was a joke IT WAS NOT FUNNY),however if it is ethically acceptable for you you're free to practice it in the comfort of your own home and SHOULD respect the right of people that do believe such behavior is NOT acceptable and don't want to adopt it nor be part of it in any way.

Ps: if you believe swearing is a sign of intelligence and adds extra "value" to your overall vocab, good for you,this is probably an extra "sign" of intelligence.

I'll agree the first joke wasn't that funny, but your panties are way too knotted, captain serious.

Leave a comment:

• Deino
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The moderators understand context.

Besides, studies show that people who swear are more intelligent

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/09..._12213206.html
    Wow I'm shocked to see someone defend the use of such disturbing foul language as an acceptable tool of communication whether it's meant in a serious manner or not(by the way if that was a joke IT WAS NOT FUNNY),however if it is ethically acceptable for you you're free to practice it in the comfort of your own home and SHOULD respect the right of people that do believe such behavior is NOT acceptable and don't want to adopt it nor be part of it in any way.

Ps: if you believe swearing is a sign of intelligence and adds extra "value" to your overall vocab, good for you,this is probably an extra "sign" of intelligence.
    Last edited by Deino; Fri Oct 14, 2016, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Thanks Dan for clarification,however regardless of his intentions his offensive insulting language cannot be accepted by most(if not all) members and is in violation of forum rules,this is why I asked for correction.
    The moderators understand context.

Besides, studies show that people who swear are more intelligent

Researchers at Marist College in New York say a big vocabulary of curse words is a sign of higher rhetorical skill, and those that can name the most swear words in one minute tend to have a greater overall vocabulary.

These findings challenge the stereotype that people curse because they can't find more intelligent things to say
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/09..._12213206.html

Leave a comment:

• Deino
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    He's making a joke - he's showing his versatility being offensive. Probably in poor taste, but such was the punchline itself.
    Thanks Dan for clarification,however regardless of his intentions his offensive insulting language cannot be accepted by most(if not all) members and is in violation of forum rules,this is why I asked for correction.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Dude
    I was away for about a week fixing my laptop and I just logged only to see this .
    First i'm not sure if this foul language is meant towards me or the one in my previous post(Derosan and JV) however it is not acceptable in either way and in violation of forum rules,therefore I demand clarification and correction from you and moderator/webmaster.
    He's making a joke - he's showing his versatility being offensive. Probably in poor taste, but such was the punchline itself.

Leave a comment:

• Deino
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote:
    fuck you
    cock mouth
    smelly face

haha. offensive versatility.
    Dude
    I was away for about a week fixing my laptop and I just logged only to see this .
    First i'm not sure if this foul language is meant towards me or the one in my previous post(Derosan and JV) however it is not acceptable in either way and in violation of forum rules,therefore I demand clarification and correction from you and moderator/webmaster.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I am looking forward to seeing if Casey and staff have been able to actually integrate Carroll into the starting five, as yet, or if they show anything tonight.

Carroll's effectiveness is the key to the Raps season, in my mind. If he doesn't step up from last year, it will leave a pretty big hole to fill. A healthy Carroll can more than compensate (along with the acquisition of Sullinger to replace Scola) for any hole left by Biyombo. It would be nice to see a taste of what a healthy Carroll, integrated into the Raps offense, really looks like in the pre-season/

Leave a comment:

• JamesNaismith
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    “I think the new guys are going to push the old guys,” Casey said. “The way Jakob [Poeltl] is playing, the way Pascal [Siakam] is playing. Two young guys with Freddie [VanVleet] and Drew [Crawford], those guys are playing well. You’ve got Norm [Powell] pushing T-Ross. I love the competition in camp. Through competition [the veterans] better get better or someone is going to catch them from behind. That’s the good thing about our team right now.”

-Casey

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Smdh no mention of how hard Bruno is pushing our towel boy to the limit.

#nopleasingcasey

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Gotta love hearing Lowry saying "this IS home!" @ 2:13

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Deino
    replied
    Sinbad wrote: View Post
    Valanciunas shouldn't have had to "earn the right" to get the ball when DeRozan had defenders draped all over him during the playoffs. The media/fanbase united to admonish him about his selfish decision-making too. When has he shown the slightest interest in consistently involving JV over the last few years? When has he been willing to sacrifice his FGA's and touches? This is sheer arrogance. I'll believe that DeRozan is willing to share when I see it from him on a consistent basis.
    It's good to see this approach from Derosan towards JV,my purpose is not to defend Derosan but to encourage offensive versatility where this issue is not restricted(within Raps system) to him but really the whole team and coaching staff,this is what Casey said :"Jonas’ challenge is to make sure he gets deep post position. So many times he allows the defense to force him out of his sweet spot. I think he has to continue to learn to use his body to establish his position and keep it.”
    If this is not part of the system I wonder how to explain a similar scene in the summer league where Poeltl got the least amount of touches(if i'm not mistaken) among other teams bigs .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X