Preseason Game 1: Warriors @ Raptors in Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbas wrote: View Post
    in that case Oden should be better than Durant and Bennett should be better than the overratted Greek Freak
    Yeah that's why they are busts
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• lewenburg was right,

pascal will be the starting 5 by year 2
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        lewenburg was right,

Casey will be elated. Another undersized C that can't shoot and won't take touches away from the guards. Perfect.

Comment

lewenburg was right,

Comment

• Here's my personal impressions on how the young bloods did along with some game notes. In general I don't consider Norman Powell to be one of the young bloods because he's already a known quantity.

Young Bloods (best to worst):
            1st half: VanVleet, Siakam, Drew Crawford, Poetl
            - VanVleet looked like he belonged, unfazed under the big lights
            - Siakam was given a long run and a very tough cover in Durant. At least he didn't foul out.
            - Poetl looked like a rookie and a bit nervous which is to be expected. He does look light on his feet.
            - Salinger looked good and way better than Scola
            - TRoss seems to have responded to Powell coming up fast in his rear view mirror. Loved that cross-over.
            - Powell look a bit ordinary but was solid on defence
            2nd Half: Siakam, VanVleet, Poetl, Drew Crawford, BeBe, Bruno
            - Siakam is as advertised, great motor and rebounding. He looked real raw when shoot away from the basket.
            - BeBe is in trouble
            - Bruno was brutal
            - Much a repeat of the first half for the rookies but Siakam ended up edging VanVleet out for rookie of the game, with a strong finish
            - Poetl and Crawford generally ended in a tie with Drew being slightly more impressive at least on defence
            - Hopefully Powell didn't hurt his knee too much as the injury was in the same area as in summer league. Nice to see his shot falling in the second half. Norm must cut down on his turnovers.

Top rookie of the game: Siakam

Comment

• I wonder if we could even get a 2nd rd pick in this next draft for Bruno but I would do it in the blink of an eye.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Bruno will one day win the MVP in the Brazilian Basketball League, you will see.

I think I am convinced that the Raptors should never draft a Brazilian in the first round ever again, we are 0-2 and those have been big misses.
                Bebe was not drafted by the Raptors but was acquired in a trade "Hawks trade Lou Williams, Lucas Nogueira to Raptors for John Salmons". So all in all BeBe was a throw in and not a waste of a draft pick.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  Lol ye. My bad
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• I watched some of the game. McCaw was awesome. 5 steals, 4 assists, and 11 points. The Warriors have such uncanny luck with the draft.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                      I watched some of the game. McCaw was awesome. 5 steals, 4 assists, and 11 points. The Warriors have such uncanny luck with the draft.
                      I think we had him in twice for workouts and were really interested in him too...if we didn't have a glut of guards there may have been a good chance he could have ended up here.

#richgetricher

Comment

• My game impressions:

Sullinger - He's the one that impressed me the most. He's a BEAST on the boards. Hopefully he can consistently knock down wide open shots.
                        Siakam - Good first game. Love the energy.
                        VanVleet - Made a good first impression. I think that 15th spot is his to lose.
                        Ross and Patterson - GREAT game. Raps need them to be CONSISTENT this year.
                        Poetl - He was alright. There's some talent there. Pretty raw though.

Bruno - What else is there to say? he's terrible. Waste of a roster spot. Why is he even here? Guy plays like a 10 year old kid who's never played basketball before.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

lewenburg was right,

How about JV ?

Comment

• Preseason Game 1: Warriors @ Raptors in Vancouver

Great to watch some Raptors basketball again!

Nice to see Durant play with the Warriors.

Regarding the new guys.....I was most impressed with...

Siakam:

He reminds me of Amir Johnson. He's quick and long and has a good motor.

Sullinger:

I knew he was a good player but he seems quicker than advertised. Good rebounder and passer.

Crawford:

He's better than I thought. Liked his defense and he isn't afraid out there.

Vanfleet:

Vanfleet seems so comfortable with the ball in his hands. He has the ability to get inside and make plays.

Poetl:

Solid player. Big guy with good hands and gives a lot of effort. Good first game, not great.

Quick notes:

Ross looks slimmer, quicker and just more confident...He knows what he can do now. Was aggressive from the start.

Carroll looked really good for someone who's not 100 percent. He looked much better on his feet than he did last year.

Bebe was meh (ok I guess).

Bruno was aweful... I feel sorry for the guy. He needs to watch a lot more basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by special1; Sun Oct 2, 2016, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• i thought poetl and siakam looked. thought all the bigs were dealing with some confusion. val doesn't seem to care about going through the motions, thought he should have shot the foul line shot set up by joseph. i am scared that carroll plays as hard as he can in pre-season, he almost didn't get above the rim on his dunk. thought bebe settled in after a bad start to his play time.

Comment

• RDV wrote: View Post
                                Bebe was not drafted by the Raptors but was acquired in a trade "Hawks trade Lou Williams, Lucas Nogueira to Raptors for John Salmons". So all in all BeBe was a throw in and not a waste of a draft pick.
                                I was talking about Hoffa!! shame on you.

Comment

Working...
                                X