Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Denver is kinda interesting trade partner. We have pgs which is a weakness for them and they have multiples of everything else. What about Cory for Barton and Barton for Gordon? Denver has cap space too. All have two guaranteed yrs left. Anyway, there's a lot of options for Denver to be the 3rd team in a deal.

    Comment


    • Machine wrote: View Post
      Omg for some reason i thought he meant pau gasol. Dont know what i was thinking. But yeah I still wouldnt do it. He still wouldnt get the touches on offense the way we play and hes not the type of rim protector we are missing.
      Gasol is not a Deandre Jordan type of shotblocker but he certainly is a very good rim protector hence being the recipient of a DPOY award. Much like Duncan was, he is a great positional defender, disrupts tons of shots and is a defensive anchor. Just because he doesn't fly over to swat the ball into the 10th row doesn't mean he's not a rim protector...

      Comment


      • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        Gasol is not a Deandre Jordan type of shotblocker but he certainly is a very good rim protector hence being the recipient of a DPOY award. Much like Duncan was, he is a great positional defender, disrupts tons of shots and is a defensive anchor. Just because he doesn't fly over to swat the ball into the 10th row doesn't mean he's not a rim protector...
        Yes, Marc Gasol is in his prime and is the best defensive centre in the NBA. He's the primary reason the Grizzlies are always, always competitive in a tough Western Conference. But the Grizzlies just signed Chandler Parsons to a 4 year deal this summer, have a prime Gasol and a very good Mike Conley, and have no reason to trade Gasol at all. They're in win-now mode not rebuild mode, any transactions they make will be to be better in the short-term.

        Tbh this is where "everything trade chatter" loses me a bit. Most of our discussion here isn't trade chatter-based at all, we're just armchair GM'ing. Which is fine, but something pretty different. I don't know if there really ought to be two threads, one actually dealing with legit trade rumours + possibilities and one for armchair GM pipe dreams, or if I'm just being picky.
        Last edited by S.R.; Thu Dec 22nd, 2016, 02:56 PM.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • We have 3 trade assets, and not one of them is Carroll due to his injuries. Sad to say, but were cursed at the SF position since we let T-Mac walk.


          1. Ross - 6th man of the year candidate so far, arguably been effective everywhere & on a good deal. Team would love him as a SG right now.

          2. Powell - Same as Ross but better on D & would have to be resigned, making him rather expensive to trade for.

          3. CoJo - FVV or Wright can take his place, as could Powell at times with Casey loving the whole CJ at SG lineup (Lowry & Powell play great together as well). He could even be a fringe starter somewhere, say a place like Orlando (Aaron Gordon coming here, perhaps?) or Sac-Town (Going after a depth SF in either Casspi or Garrett Temple along with a pick could be helpful).
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

          Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

          Comment


          • Cody73 wrote: View Post
            We have 3 trade assets, and not one of them is Carroll due to his injuries. Sad to say, but were cursed at the SF position since we let T-Mac walk.


            1. Ross - 6th man of the year candidate so far, arguably been effective everywhere & on a good deal. Team would love him as a SG right now.

            2. Powell - Same as Ross but better on D & would have to be resigned, making him rather expensive to trade for.

            3. CoJo - FVV or Wright can take his place, as could Powell at times with Casey loving the whole CJ at SG lineup (Lowry & Powell play great together as well). He could even be a fringe starter somewhere, say a place like Orlando (Aaron Gordon coming here, perhaps?) or Sac-Town (Going after a depth SF in either Casspi or Garrett Temple along with a pick could be helpful).
            Powell is locked in at the minimum for one more year after this one. Then full Bird rights. He's a tantalizing piece, but pretty useless for salary matching, and the most obvious salary matching piece is Ross, and you sure don't want to trade both of them.

            I do think we'd really be rolling the dice moving Cory and relying on Wright and FVV. That's a lot of unproven ball handling right there. I doubt Masai moves Cory until after Lowry signs on the dotted line this summer - you'd hate to have to go into next season relying on one of Wright/FVV to start in the (admittedly unlikely) scenario that Lowry bolts.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

            Comment


            • DanH wrote: View Post
              Powell is locked in at the minimum for one more year after this one. Then full Bird rights. He's a tantalizing piece, but pretty useless for salary matching, and the most obvious salary matching piece is Ross, and you sure don't want to trade both of them.

              I do think we'd really be rolling the dice moving Cory and relying on Wright and FVV. That's a lot of unproven ball handling right there. I doubt Masai moves Cory until after Lowry signs on the dotted line this summer - you'd hate to have to go into next season relying on one of Wright/FVV to start in the (admittedly unlikely) scenario that Lowry bolts.
              I think you have to assume lowry is back and try to maximize his window by being opportunitic. If Lowry bolts then this team is a shell of itself and .500 with the rest of the conference anyway.
              I'm fine with adding armchair gm thread if that's more palatable.

              Comment


              • Cody73 wrote: View Post
                We have 3 trade assets, and not one of them is Carroll due to his injuries. Sad to say, but were cursed at the SF position since we let T-Mac walk.


                1. Ross - 6th man of the year candidate so far, arguably been effective everywhere & on a good deal. Team would love him as a SG right now.

                2. Powell - Same as Ross but better on D & would have to be resigned, making him rather expensive to trade for.

                3. CoJo - FVV or Wright can take his place, as could Powell at times with Casey loving the whole CJ at SG lineup (Lowry & Powell play great together as well). He could even be a fringe starter somewhere, say a place like Orlando (Aaron Gordon coming here, perhaps?) or Sac-Town (Going after a depth SF in either Casspi or Garrett Temple along with a pick could be helpful).
                To me it seems a lot more KL at SG when he and Cory play together.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                Comment


                • Hey.

                  Is Toronto actually close to Cousins? I keep hearing stuff on the radio. Preferably looking for responses from senior guys here who actually know WTF they are saying.

                  Merry Christmas Dickheads.

                  Comment


                  • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Hey.

                    Is Toronto actually close to Cousins? I keep hearing stuff on the radio. Preferably looking for responses from senior guys here who actually know WTF they are saying.

                    Merry Christmas Dickheads.

                    There's nothing reputable out there that suggests Cousins is even a trade candidate, let alone linking the Raptors to him in any realistic or pending sense.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      Hey.

                      Is Toronto actually close to Cousins? I keep hearing stuff on the radio. Preferably looking for responses from senior guys here who actually know WTF they are saying.

                      Merry Christmas Dickheads.

                      Merry fu/king Christmas to you too, Craig. Enjoy it

                      Comment


                      • Ya, good answer you tit.

                        Comment


                        • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          Hey.

                          Is Toronto actually close to Cousins? I keep hearing stuff on the radio. Preferably looking for responses from senior guys here who actually know WTF they are saying.

                          Merry Christmas Dickheads.

                          Toronto is close to my cousins. Count yourself lucky - I hear stuff in the radio. You definitely weren't looking for a response from me.

                          Ditto on the Merry Christmas.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                          Comment


                          • Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Hey.

                            Is Toronto actually close to Cousins? I keep hearing stuff on the radio. Preferably looking for responses from senior guys here who actually know WTF they are saying.

                            Merry Christmas Dickheads.

                            I have cousins coming into town, but they'll all be gone by new years

                            #dadjokes
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • Sacto is now in 8th place in the West...
                              Chasing them is the one man band blazers and possibly Denver...

                              If Sacto..in a new arena ..has a remote chance of a playoff run ...it's hard to see Randive saying yes to a trade on the one guy he has who can get him those playoff game paydays...

                              Comment


                              • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Sacto is now in 8th place in the West...
                                Chasing them is the one man band blazers and possibly Denver...

                                If Sacto..in a new arena ..has a remote chance of a playoff run ...it's hard to see Randive saying yes to a trade on the one guy he has who can get him those playoff game paydays...
                                Yeah, i think if it happens it's at the draft, likely with Boston. That way the prospects are fresh in the minds of the fans and they'll be excited about two great picks and some complimentary players like smart or jaylen, etc. Little do they know vlade is gonna draft Papa John's 2.0

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X