Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TRex wrote: View Post
    Is there a scenario where we could actually sign both KLow and Blake Griffin in the offseason?
    Yep. Build an aging machine. Put Blake Griffin inside it and make him 40. No one will want him. Sign him for the vet min to give him one last chance in the NBA. Build an anti-aging machine. Return him to his real age. Profit.

    Comment


    • Lupe wrote: View Post
      Yep. Build an aging machine. Put Blake Griffin inside it and make him 40. No one will want him. Sign him for the vet min to give him one last chance in the NBA. Build an anti-aging machine. Return him to his real age. Profit.
      Bah - if you have access to an anti-aging machine contingent on playing for the Raptors, I'm sure you could find a number of now-retired players who would be better than Griffin without having to go through the artificial aging process

      Comment


      • Even if Blake was on the market, his knee surgery has to be a huge concern. Is he going to be healthy when he comes back? Look how long it took Carroll to get healthy.. he's still not 100% and he had a summer to rehab.

        Comment


        • planetmars wrote: View Post
          Even if Blake was on the market, his knee surgery has to be a huge concern. Is he going to be healthy when he comes back? Look how long it took Carroll to get healthy.. he's still not 100% and he had a summer to rehab.
          Not fair to compare to Carroll, as he had a damaged KNEE. For Blake, they're just removing loose bodies from his knee.

          Comment


          • This thread has become a non-sense , fanatsy thread. There is going to be no significant trade during the season. If MU manages to sing KL, then he will most likely move Ross and JV since they are his only trade chips with some value in the off season.

            Comment


            • McRealistic wrote: View Post
              This thread has become a non-sense , fanatsy thread. There is going to be no significant trade during the season. If MU manages to sing KL, then he will most likely move Ross and JV since they are his only trade chips with some value in the off season.
              Was it the aging machine or the anti-aging machine that tipped you off?
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • If Masai resign K Low and 2pat it's almost certain they trade JV. I think they have more believe in Ross than JV in the modern NBA. That's why I feel this Noel thing is a real possibility. Once Wright gets cleared to play things should get interesting.

                Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

                Comment


                • I do think it's time that the Raptors start to seriously explore the trade market for JV.

                  Comment


                  • I know I'm being hyperbolic, but aren't there about 10 centres on the trade market already?
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                    Comment


                    • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      I know I'm being hyperbolic, but aren't there about 10 centres on the trade market already?
                      Not sure if this is even accurate but if so, wouldn't it be an ideal time to move him then considering you would need to get a starting calibre C back?

                      Comment


                      • Fully wrote: View Post
                        Not sure if this is even accurate but if so, wouldn't it be an ideal time to move him then considering you would need to get a starting calibre C back?
                        Depends on who else is on the market. You think a guy like Greg Monroe can be an upgrade, yeah this is the ideal time to move JV.

                        What the Raps need, if they do decide to move on from JV, is a style change to a quick, athletic defensive C - not exactly cheap right now. If they are going to have a slow C, no point on selling on JV.

                        So maybe they gamble on Noel - but you don't trade JV for Noel (76ers problem is they have too many C's), you trade pieces for him, and trade JV for something else - but if the market is saturated with C's that teams cant find takers for, what can you expect from a JV trade?
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • I don't feel the rush to move JV. He is what he is, but there are still plenty of C's of his ilk in the league and he can hold his own against all of them.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                          Comment


                          • 2 game losing streak, time to blow this baby up

                            Comment


                            • Don't want JV traded until I can see him one more time in the playoffs. Can't assume KL/DD will be able to shoot their way into a second or third round.

                              If JV is traded it should be in the summer. As for teams that would be interested? Probably a lot of teams.. even ones with lumbering centers. JV is 24 years old, and has a great contract. He can grab an efficient 10/10 a game, and would be useful coming off the bench if worried about defense (like Kanter).. and Kanter got paid. This isn't like a totally new NBA here.. lots of teams are still old school. Talent trumps anything and JV is talented.

                              NOLA would probably be the perfect fit if they didn't have a carcus named Asik using up $11-12M of cap space for the next 4 years. JV and AD would be a tough pair to go up against every night.

                              Comment


                              • planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Don't want JV traded until I can see him one more time in the playoffs. Can't assume KL/DD will be able to shoot their way into a second or third round.

                                If JV is traded it should be in the summer. As for teams that would be interested? Probably a lot of teams.. even ones with lumbering centers. JV is 24 years old, and has a great contract. He can grab an efficient 10/10 a game, and would be useful coming off the bench if worried about defense (like Kanter).. and Kanter got paid. This isn't like a totally new NBA here.. lots of teams are still old school. Talent trumps anything and JV is talented.

                                NOLA would probably be the perfect fit if they didn't have a carcus named Asik using up $11-12M of cap space for the next 4 years. JV and AD would be a tough pair to go up against every night.
                                I believe that the Playoffs would up his value but I don't necessarily agree that we should wait until the summer to trade him.

                                If the right deal is on the table, the sooner we act the better, both for him and us. We're not getting the best out of him and we're looking for something else. But I do agree that a place like NOLA would be a great fit for him. The reality is JV needs a very good defending PF next to him. Even playing next to Ibaka would be a nice fit (besides the odd sense of irony of going to ORL). Not sure either team is a great trade partner although I'd have a hard time saying no personally if it were Biz + ORL 2017 for JV (I know bloody likely either lol)...JV for Serge?!

                                But yeah those types of situations would be great for JV but not sure their great trade partners for what we're looking for. At least gets you thinking who does have a good defending PF that maybe a good one?!
                                Last edited by JamesNaismith; Fri Dec 30, 2016, 01:12 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X