Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe wrote: View Post
    I've thought about this trade, and I know people aren't going to like it because it involves moving JV, but bear with me. Combining two rumors with our reported interest in Noel earlier in the season and now Millsap's availability.

To Toronto:
    Paul Millsap
    Nerlens Noel
    Kyle Korver

To Atlanta:
    Jonas Valanciunas
    Pascal Siakam

To Philadelphia:
    Terrence Ross
    Delon Wright

Leaves us with a playoff rotation that looks like:

PG: Lowry/CoJo
    SG: DeRozan/Powell
    SF: Carroll/Korver
    PF: Millsap/Patterson
    C: Noel/Sullinger

Still keeps our picks and a few of our young assets available for trades (Poeltl, Bebe) down the line. Philly gets a BC pick and a nice point guard prospect to develop. Atlanta gets Jonas (and Siakam) which is a pretty damn good haul for expiring Millsap and Korver, can't see them saying no to that.

For us we go from having just 2Pat at PF to arguably the best PF rotation in the league. Also creates the opportunity for some interesting small ball lineups like going to Patterson-Millsap at the 4-5 or 5-4 in certain situations. And I like the defensive capability of Noel at center sharing minutes with Bebe or Sullinger.
    how about "people aren't going to like it because it involves having 3/5 of our starting lineup, and our entire frontcourt rotation, as free agents this summer"?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      This was obviously the catalyst. So the question is, how much do you want to pay for what might only be a rental... While outbidding the other interested parties?
      Some of our first round picks sound like a fair price + Cojo and Ross. Lets face it, our #9 pick is Potel !! who may not be able to play as a solid rotation player for another 3 years. Who know what the picks from this year going to be like ...

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        how about "people aren't going to like it because it involves having 3/5 of our starting lineup, and our entire frontcourt rotation, as free agents this summer"?
        It only involves moving 2 starters: Siakam and JV, and one of them isn't really a starter at all (Siakam) since 2Pat is the main guy at that position. You're basically trading Siakam and Ross for Millsap and Korver and then making somewhat of an offense/defense swap with JV and Noel. The only closing lineup player being moved is JV.

Comment

I've thought about this trade, and I know people aren't going to like it because it involves moving JV, but bear with me. Combining two rumors with our reported interest in Noel earlier in the season and now Millsap's availability.

To Toronto:
          Paul Millsap
          Nerlens Noel
          Kyle Korver

To Atlanta:
          Jonas Valanciunas
          Pascal Siakam

To Philadelphia:
          Terrence Ross
          Delon Wright

Leaves us with a playoff rotation that looks like:

PG: Lowry/CoJo
          SG: DeRozan/Powell
          SF: Carroll/Korver
          PF: Millsap/Patterson
          C: Noel/Sullinger

Still keeps our picks and a few of our young assets available for trades (Poeltl, Bebe) down the line. Philly gets a BC pick and a nice point guard prospect to develop. Atlanta gets Jonas (and Siakam) which is a pretty damn good haul for expiring Millsap and Korver, can't see them saying no to that.

For us we go from having just 2Pat at PF to arguably the best PF rotation in the league. Also creates the opportunity for some interesting small ball lineups like going to Patterson-Millsap at the 4-5 or 5-4 in certain situations. And I like the defensive capability of Noel at center sharing minutes with Bebe or Sullinger. Korver replaces Ross' shooting and you get an interesting bit of chemistry with Carroll, Korver and Millsap who are all experienced players, have been to the ECF against Cleveland and played together in Atlanta. DeMar had some good chemistry from Korver from Team USA also, however little that matters.

The main problem I see with this trade is you create a shit ton of variables for the offseason with Korver, Lowry, Millsap and Noel all hitting free agency at the same time. However maybe that's... a good thing. If the playoffs go very poorly you let Lowry, Millsap and Korver go, re-sign Noel. Explore trades for DeRozan and go into a rebuild. All picks still intact.
          3 Way trades are too complicated and knowing MU, he will not do it.

Comment

It only involves moving 2 starters: Siakam and JV, and one of them isn't really a starter at all (Siakam) since 2Pat is the main guy at that position. You're basically trading Siakam and Ross for Millsap and Korver and then making somewhat of an offense/defense swap with JV and Noel. The only closing lineup player being moved is JV.
            you're going into the summer with:

noel, milsap, 2pat, sullinger and Lowry all as free agents. that's a lot of uncertainty in the future in exchange for parts that may not mesh in time, and probably still arent good enough, to seriously challenge cleveland and GSW.

Comment

• It's Masai-time

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                3 Way trades are too complicated and knowing MU, he will not do it.
                Masai traded Melo away in 2011 in a 3 team deal that involved I believe 12 players and several draft picks. So I don't think a 3 team trade is too complicated lol.

If what you mean is trying to predict a 3-team deal is complicated because of all the moving parts, then sure I agree with you. It was just an idea based on two players the team has reportedly been interested in acquiring.

Comment

• It's time to go all in. IMO it's now or never with this core. Kyle is going to start declining soon, probably next year. I can see him hurting the team when this happens and he'll be on a massive contract. I love him but we need to take advantage of the superstar that he is now and get Milsap. He's the perfect fit for this team. Getting roco and Noel would be the cherry on top for me, but we need Milsap if we want to be serious about contending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    you're going into the summer with:

noel, milsap, 2pat, sullinger and Lowry all as free agents. that's a lot of uncertainty in the future in exchange for parts that may not mesh in time, and probably still arent good enough, to seriously challenge cleveland and GSW.
                    I pointed that out at the end of my post. But the reality is any trade involving Millsap is still going to leave us with the uncertainty of Millsap and Lowry being free agents in the summer. I don't think it makes much sense to add Sullinger to that list since no matter what it's pretty unlikely we'll be able to re-sign him. He's in the Biyombo situation where if he plays well we won't have room to re-sign him (don't have 3 bird years to exceed the cap to do so) and if he doesn't play well it doesn't make sense to.

Plus I don't think the uncertainty is necessarily a bad thing. I mean if we do well and give Cleveland a run for their money or beat them then you pay up and re-sign Noel, Lowry and Millsap. If we really don't do well I'd let Lowry and Millsap go and start looking at options for rebuilding moving forwards.

Comment

• I don't think we'll be able to get away with totally lowballing with CoJo plus like a prospect or pick because other teams like Washington, Chicago or Indiana for example near the bottom of the playoff race might be willing to actually move better assets than that in order to cement themselves as playoff teams.

Comment

• Biggest question for me is if MLSE would be willing to pay tax, and if so, how much? Although Masai was willing to go after Ibaka/Millsap last summer so I'm sure he would only do that if he was willing to pay tax. Millsap is most likely going to command a salary in the mid to high 20's. Add Lowry's potential max salary and we'll be eating a lot of tax.

I'd offer a trade package of 2Pat, Ross/CoJo, prospect, pick. That gives them an expiring contract. A nice backup player, a young prospect, and a pick. Hate to lose 2Pat but Millsap is an all-star. If Millsap does not resign (which is always a gamble), then we lose some stuff.. but that's the cost of trying to go all in (which we should be trying to do anyway consider Lowry's age).

Comment

• Lupe.. not sure why Atlanta would want JV when they have Howard locked in.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Lupe.. not sure why Atlanta would want JV when they have Howard locked in.
                            You'd have to question how long they plan to keep Howard if the team is moving on from Millsap. Pretty much signals a rebuild and JV, unlike Dwight, is very close in age to Schroder. You're basically setting them up with Schroder and JV moving forwards as their core for a revamp, which probably isn't a hard sell for an expiring contract.

Comment

You'd have to question how long they plan to keep Howard if the team is moving on from Millsap. Pretty much signals a rebuild and JV, unlike Dwight, is very close in age to Schroder. You're basically setting them up with Schroder and JV moving forwards as their core for a revamp, which probably isn't a hard sell for an expiring contract.
                              I'm not sure if Atlanta wants a tear down rebuild.. that's not their m.o.. But even if they did.. I expect Howard to get moved before they bring in his potential replacement.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I'm not sure if Atlanta wants a tear down rebuild.. that's not their m.o.. But even if they did.. I expect Howard to get moved before they bring in his potential replacement.
                                Idk if I was Atlanta even if I couldn't find a suitor for Dwight I'd just start him and JV. Pretty good stealth-tank material and maybe use the opportunity to develop JV's mid-range/high post game a bit. Get a top 10 pick in the draft on the wings to team up with Schroder and Valanciunas and go from there. It's not like it'd be a sustained tank over several seasons.

Not sure where they get better value than JV for Millsap unless Boston is very high on him and willing to empty the cupboards or move a Smart or Crowder which I doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X