Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Lol.That series was never close and you know it. Stop fooling yourself.
    So you want the Raptors to just give up and never try to get better?
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      So you want the Raptors to just give up and never try to get better?
      I want them to stay patient and not make any knee jerk reactions.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lol.That series was never close and you know it. Stop fooling yourself.
        So basically adding two 20 PER players to that series last season doesn't make it more competitive?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          So basically adding two 20 PER players to that series last season doesn't make it more competitive?
          Who's the other 20 PER? JV? he doesn't match up well with Cavs. And btw, Biz was a HUGE reason why they beat the Cavs twice in the ECF last year.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            is Milsap a top 5 player defensively ?
            At his position I would put him up there.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Who's the other 20 PER? JV? he doesn't match up well with Cavs. And btw, Biz was a HUGE reason why they beat the Cavs twice in the ECF last year.
              Yeah.. JV. Anyway, let me not turn this into a JV thread. Millsap is really good. If Biyombo is worth 2 wins, then Millsap's probably worth 4.

Comment

• Any trade for Milsap starts with 2pat/Ross going back.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• This is going to take a lot of assessing the bigger NBA landscape for Masai. If the odds are that Boogie doesn't get moved, there is probably no better fit/impact for us than Millsap. And if you can get Millsap for some combo of prospects and our low-value picks, you have to do it.

As long as it's either Ross or Powell, you can send Poeltl and even Patterson if you believe Sully/Siakam can be adequate backups.

Comment

• Re-posting from my twitter:

Re: Millsap. Don't see ATL being interested in JV. From Raps' perspective, I think they give up anything that's not KL, DD, JV.

Raps would want to keep one redundancy - if Ross goes, Powell stays. If Joseph goes, Wright stays. If Poeltl goes, BeBe stays. And so on.

Raps best offers would require quantity of prospects, and they need salaries for matching, so probably need another piece coming back too.

Looking for guys ATL doesn't use (they have 15 signed players, so need to match incoming and outgoing players), Scott and Kelly stand out.

Problem is, Scott's salary difficult to absorb, Kelly can't be traded until February. But that's the obvious path to a trade.

All told, most likely deal in my mind is Millsap, Scott and Kelly for Ross, Sullinger, Poeltl and both 2017 picks, in February.

Hawks get promising wing locked in for three seasons on cheap deal, short term PF filler in Sully, and recent top 10 pick, plus two picks.

--

I'll add that it is possible ATL pushes for more. I seriously doubt Denver ponies up much for Millsap, he'd be a huge flight risk for them. If we can do the deal above, I pull the trigger without hesitation.

If ATL asks for more, it could be the picks, Ross, Poeltl, and Joseph instead of Sully. Means an overflow of bigs on the team, but who really cares about that. Bigger issue is relying on Wright to be full time backup - could be fine, might not be. Van Vleet (and mayyyyyybe Powell) provide some depth insurance there, so maybe you take the risk. Big reward in Millsap. And that deal actually helps with the tax bill the following summer (though, it's going to be big no matter what).
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Can someone explain to me why Atlanta wouldn't be interested in Jonas?

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                        Can someone explain to me why Atlanta wouldn't be interested in Jonas?
                        They already have Howard.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Same reasons you want to trade him, plus they just gave Dwight Howard 70 million dollars. And no, ATL has no interest in tanking - never has, never will, not with that ownership.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• one good thing about pursuing millsap is that it seems unlikely to me that Boston tries to outbid everyone with the Brooklyn picks.

I mean we have seen the Horford-Millsap combo before, there's no chance the Celtics give those two $300 million is there?
                            If it's anyone else Boston is probably a big competitor.

This is going to be fun to watch play out.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              How about Powell+Patterson+LAC first+Purtle?

If that feels like too much, replace patterson with Sully, but I feel like Sully has no value at this point.
                              I would totally do it especially if somehow we can hold on Patterson somehow.
                              What is Potel going to be in future ? What about LAC first ?? Probably not much in terms of being a difference makers.

Powell is great but you have to give up something great to get something great.

Raptors need to make the next step. They may not win against Cavs even with PM but at least they will show to the league that they are serious about competing against the Cavs.

Right now, with this team and Sullinger at 4 , we are just not good enough. With PM, we have a chance.

I have been listening to ESPN radio and all of them are talking about Raptors being the best fit for PM and the fact that Raptors should go for it and take the next step.

Comment

If you can have both PM and JV, you can dominate the Cave bigs.

Comment

Working...
                                X