Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Again, guys, some ground rules:

    1) Number of contracts each way has to match, as both ATL and TOR have full rosters. So if we are trading 4 pieces, better figure out 3 extra pieces to come our way with Millsap.

    2) Salary needs to match. For Millsap alone, we need to send out 16M. Add a couple spare contracts coming back from them, and you are looking at 18M+ outgoing.

    So, don't build the trade around prospects. We can fit one prospect in the deal as a contract if we use Ross and Sully (or Ross and Joseph, or Ross and Pat) as the financial core of the deal, assuming two spare pieces come back our way with Millsap. Maybe two if the core piece in the deal (financially) is JV or Carroll, but that would be tricky.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post
      Again, guys, some ground rules:

      1) Number of contracts each way has to match, as both ATL and TOR have full rosters. So if we are trading 4 pieces, better figure out 3 extra pieces to come our way with Millsap.

      2) Salary needs to match. For Millsap alone, we need to send out 16M. Add a couple spare contracts coming back from them, and you are looking at 18M+ outgoing.

      So, don't build the trade around prospects. We can fit one prospect in the deal as a contract if we use Ross and Sully (or Ross and Joseph, or Ross and Pat) as the financial core of the deal, assuming two spare pieces come back our way with Millsap. Maybe two if the core piece in the deal (financially) is JV or Carroll, but that would be tricky.
      Dan crushing the dreams of armchair GMS since 2010 😊

      Comment


      • Any trade would have to start with Ross & 2pat/Sully to match salaries.

        Next question is what other assets would have to be included out of Delon/Cojo, jakob/Bebe, raps first, clips first. I personally think Milsap is the perfect 4 for the raps and would give out any combination of those assets if the raps are confident and willing to go into the luxury tax to re-sign everyone.

        Comment


        • This works in ESPN trade Machine:

          Milsap for 2PAt, Suli,Poeltl, Wright,Clippers first round

          Comment


          • McRealistic wrote: View Post
            This works in ESPN trade Machine:

            Milsap for 2PAt, Suli,Poeltl, Wright,Clippers first round
            Hawks won't do that deal its just expiring contracts a late first and and unproven 24 year old point guard.

            Comment


            • slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
              Hawks won't do that deal its just expiring contracts a late first and and unproven 24 year old point guard.
              This is just for the rental of PM. I dont think they will get much more. It is 2 first round ( Clipper and Poeltl) , some Solid Bench players which will be off the book if they don't like and high potential bench PG.

              Comment


              • McRealistic wrote: View Post
                This is just for the rental of PM. I dont think they will get much more. It is 2 first round ( Clipper and Poeltl) , some Solid Bench players which will be off the book if they don't like and high potential bench PG.
                Didn't see Poetl the first time but I still don't think the hawks would do that. They would also have to include 3 more players or cut 3 players from their team to be under the 15 man limit. I think Ross needs to be part of any deal to entice the hawks and I would be alright with that seeing how Powell seems ready for big mins.

                Comment


                • McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  This works in ESPN trade Machine:

                  Milsap for 2PAt, Suli,Poeltl, Wright,Clippers first round
                  Would need 4 players coming back from the Hawks. Which means the salary won't work, once you include those three other contracts.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • We need a 3rd team and the Pelicans are one of the few NBA teams that badly need a center upgrade and have urgency to build around Anthony Davis. So, it's bye-bye JV. We can send Carroll back from whence he came to the comfort of Coach Bud's system.

                    This trade works pretty good for all team involved.....

                    To Hawks: Carroll, Wright, Sully, Buddy Hield
                    To Pels: JV
                    To Raps: Milsap, Asik



                    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zyzbupw

                    That's a pretty good haul for an expiring unrestricted FA for Atlanta. Pels also turn spare parts into an elite offensive player (JV) that could fit with Anthony Davis. Raps get a starting PF and a starting C replacement.

                    Picks and prospects can be sprinkled around to balance things out.
                    Last edited by golden; Mon Jan 2nd, 2017, 12:14 AM.

                    Comment


                    • golden wrote: View Post
                      We need a 3rd team and the Pelicans are one of the few NBA teams that badly need a center upgrade and have urgency to build around Anthony Davis. So, it's bye-bye JV. We can send Carroll back from whence he came to the comfort of Coach Bud's system.

                      This trade works pretty good for all team involved.....

                      To Hawks: Carroll, Wright, Sully, Buddy Hield
                      To Pels: JV
                      To Raps: Milsap, Asik



                      http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zyzbupw

                      That's a pretty good haul for an expiring unrestricted FA for Atlanta. Pels also turn spare parts into an elite offensive player (JV) that could fit with Anthony Davis. Raps get a starting PF and a starting C replacement.

                      Picks and prospects can be sprinkled around to balance things out.
                      Asik has one of the worst contracts in the NBA and is not a starting caliber center. You don't give up JV unless you get someone that can replace his mins.

                      Comment


                      • Just wondering, do you guys really think we should go all in for Millsap, like trading anything needed to get him but DD and Kyle?

                        Comment


                        • charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          Just wondering, do you guys really think we should go all in for Millsap, like trading anything needed to get him but DD and Kyle?
                          No
                          Mamba Mentality

                          Comment


                          • golden wrote: View Post

                            This trade works pretty good for all team involved.....

                            To Hawks: Carroll, Wright, Sully, Buddy Hield
                            To Pels: JV
                            To Raps: Milsap, Asik

                            That's a pretty good haul for an expiring unrestricted FA for Atlanta. Pels also turn spare parts into an elite offensive player (JV) that could fit with Anthony Davis. Raps get a starting PF and a starting C replacement.

                            Picks and prospects can be sprinkled around to balance things out.
                            I think we would have to give the Hawks Ross instead of Carroll, maybe that way be able to keep Sullinger and Wright...

                            Also, would we have some sort of advantage to bring Millsap in the summer, or none of that? Like a condition in the salary cap or something like that?

                            Comment


                            • charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              Just wondering, do you guys really think we should go all in for Millsap, like trading anything needed to get him but DD and Kyle?
                              I wouldn't trade JV to get him. Half the value he represents is his incredible fit with all three of JV, Lowry and DD.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                Just wondering, do you guys really think we should go all in for Millsap, like trading anything needed to get him but DD and Kyle?
                                I wouldn't give up DD, Kyle, Powell or JV. JV only because I'd rather not have Bebe as the starting C.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X