Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
    I find this a very interesting point you've brought up here. When the recent news broke out that there was an ATL-TOR deal for Millsap that had fallen through, I really wanted to find out what was being sent out, which brought me to an episode from this current seasons Open Gym that covered the draft.



    Go to the 7:55 mark of this episode...
    Unknown: "You think Atlanta would take Poeltl?"
    Masai: "For sure."

    This isn't really anything ground breaking to be completely honest, of course Atlanta would have wanted the 9th overall pick in the draft for one of their best players, but was something interesting that I thought I'd share.

    So would it be safe to assume that any new deal that may happen present day is going to include Poeltl?
    Good find.

    Although I'm kind of wondering if he said "Orlando" and not "Atlanta". Orlando had the 11th pick and ended up taking Sabonis, so maybe he was asking Masai if he thinks Orlando would take Poeltl at 11.

    Comment


    • Atlanta ended up with the 12th pick, perhaps they were talking about that. Interesting for sure though.

      Just before that they show Jeff Weltman saying something like "if we have a bad year I don't want to give them a good pick".
      Who knows--but maybe talking about protecting the 2017 pick in a potential trade.

      Comment


      • If Milsap becomes a rental how much do we really want to give up?

        Comment


        • Lupe wrote: View Post
          Good find.

          Although I'm kind of wondering if he said "Orlando" and not "Atlanta". Orlando had the 11th pick and ended up taking Sabonis, so maybe he was asking Masai if he thinks Orlando would take Poeltl at 11.
          Yeah unfortunately I listened to it some more and it sounds like Orlando.

          Would have been a good clue.
          It’s Ogugua season. Time to gugua.

          Comment


          • GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
            I find this a very interesting point you've brought up here. When the recent news broke out that there was an ATL-TOR deal for Millsap that had fallen through, I really wanted to find out what was being sent out, which brought me to an episode from this current seasons Open Gym that covered the draft.



            Go to the 7:55 mark of this episode...
            Unknown: "You think Atlanta would take Poeltl?"
            Masai: "For sure."

            This isn't really anything ground breaking to be completely honest, of course Atlanta would have wanted the 9th overall pick in the draft for one of their best players, but was something interesting that I thought I'd share.

            So would it be safe to assume that any new deal that may happen present day is going to include Poeltl?
            I hope not. I really like Yak. With the way the league is going.

            Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

            Comment


            • Yeah, I'd much rather trade cojo than yak.

              Comment


              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                People are worried about losing ross and Pat for Millsap? The same fanbase who really wants powell to play, and understands Millsap is a significant upgrade on 2pat? Lol cmon people. How bad do you want that 3rd star?? Atlanta's not stupid, he's their best player, they're not taking him for scraps like dribbles Mcjoseph and jared fat foot
                I agree with you.
                IMO, the logic (for keeping 2Pat) is as much for this year (small ball lineup) as for off-season. 2Pat we can resign (it might cost a bit more, but doable). Millsap should have plenty of suitors at or near max.
                Would a deal of Ross, Sully & Poeltl (or Wright) be more palatable for us?

                Comment


                • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  I really wonder what the heck is holding up a deal (with anyone), its not like any team thats interested will have not presented an offer and just waited until the announcement of a deal to swoop in and throw out something (at least that isnt how it usually is). It has been a couple of days that its been public which means was likely explored at least a day or two before that. There has to be some sort of contractual stipulation of another player involved in the trade holding it up or perhaps allowing someone time to com back from injury because really if we had a deal IN PLACE does it really take FULL DAYS to figure out the other small stuff...

                  If we dont hear something more concrete in the next 2 days then I think this deal is just completely dead. I dont see any reason why there would be that much delay when team must have all their offers in front of them and had one in place before that it really shouldnt stretch out too long.
                  You sound a bit impatient (lol).
                  Perfectly logical reason COULD be (if Atlanta has decided to move Millsap) that they (Atl) are hoping another team "improves" on it 1st offer.
                  If Ross & 2Pat is all it takes, I am surprised Boston has not come forward with more.
                  My guess is that with our deal/offer, Atl still has a good chance of staying in playoffs (as opposed to Bos draft choices, which may or may not pan out in few years).

                  Comment


                  • Lupe wrote: View Post
                    Good find.

                    Although I'm kind of wondering if he said "Orlando" and not "Atlanta". Orlando had the 11th pick and ended up taking Sabonis, so maybe he was asking Masai if he thinks Orlando would take Poeltl at 11.
                    Tough to hear. Could be either one. While we're digging here, what are they saying when they say "....out? Yes, we're out. Wes,...we're out". This exchange takes place right after Masai says Poeltl. Does that simply mean they've made their pick or was that a pending deal that dropped. Who is the mysterious Wes?
                    Last edited by Jclaw; Thu Jan 5, 2017, 01:56 PM.

                    Comment


                    • psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      If Milsap becomes a rental how much do we really want to give up?
                      We would still have several major advantages
                      -Can resign him (Bird rights); Since we would be over the cap no matter, a much better chance of signing a legit all star.
                      -Gives us few months to "sell ourselves" to Millsap as a good team & organization (less unknown for him);
                      -How much better does he make us? If he were to "fit" like say Rudy G ,just let him walk (maybe even S/T).
                      In the end (at least on paper) Millsap gives us a much better chance in playoffs.

                      Comment


                      • Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Tough to hear. Could be either one. While we're digging here, what are they saying when they say "we're out. Tell Wes we're out? Yes". Does that simply mean they've made their pick or was that a pending deal that dropped. Who is the mysterious Wes?
                        Wes Wilcox...general manager of the Atlanta Hawks. If that's the case, then it would mean they did indeed say Orlando, and not Atlanta.

                        Comment


                        • GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                          Wes Wilcox...general manager of the Atlanta Hawks. If that's the case, then it would mean they did indeed say Orlando, and not Atlanta.
                          Good work detective. Then does that mean they were going to make a pick for the Hawks and then decided to take Poeltl for themselves? The tea leaves are getting interesting. Btw, unrelated, but are you the same ginobilisbaldspot from the old espn daily dime game chats? Or is it a common surname?

                          Comment


                          • Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Good work detective. Then does that mean they were going to make a pick for the Hawks and then decided to take Poeltl for themselves? The tea leaves are getting interesting. Btw, unrelated, but are you the same ginobilisbaldspot from the old espn daily dime game chats? Or is it a common surname?
                            Nope, completely unrelated, which I guess would make me ginobilisbaldspot 2.0.

                            So if they're telling Atlanta they are out, does that mean there could have been another different, non-Millsap centric, deal with them? Those recent reports say that the deal fell through because of Horfords signing which happened after the draft.
                            Maybe they were just looking to swap picks with Atlanta or Orlando but viewed Poeltl too highly to pass on?

                            Comment


                            • Also, FWIW, (and it's worth very little) the Raptors seem intent on cornering the 2006 NBA draft. A full fifth (7) of the first 35 players drafted have all played for the Raptors. The tie in is tha Millsap went 47th in that draft. Of course he did.

                              Comment


                              • Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Also, FWIW, (and it's worth very little) the Raptors seem intent on cornering the 2006 NBA draft. A full fifth (7) of the first 35 players drafted have all played for the Raptors. The tie in is tha Millsap went 47th in that draft. Of course he did.
                                Raptors are trying to get the bad taste of Bargnani out of their mouth, so they are trying to get as many players from the 2006 draft to play for them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X