No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think the Raptors will make a move before the trade deadline?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Do you guys think the Raptors will make a move before the trade deadline?
      I think we'll make a small move to try and help the defence either with a back up SF or C. I wish Casey would play Delon so Masai can clearly see that CoJo is easily dispensible.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        Do you guys think the Raptors will make a move before the trade deadline?
        Nope.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          I think we'll make a small move to try and help the defence either with a back up SF or C. I wish Casey would play Delon so Masai can clearly see that CoJo is easily dispensible.
          I don't think they make a move at all, but if they do, I'd bet on it being a big one. This team has very little to gain from shuffling deck chairs.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Masai put himself in a real pickle with that JV contract...
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              Masai put himself in a real pickle with that JV contract...
              You mean that bargain of a deal? Yeah, what ever will we do... If only we'd instead held off on the extension, let him walk for nothing in the summer, and instead signed Biz to an even bigger deal so he could muck up our offence as much as possible.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It might be a bargain if the raptors actually featured him more often than 3 possessions in the 1st quarter. Just because they got him on a good deal based on contracts around the league doesn't mean that contract and the player fits particularly well with the team. Even if biz fit worse in the defence it's easy to argue that he more than made up for that on the defensive end.

I like JV, but his skill set isn't used and he isn't consistent in terms of effort....
                Because its 2015

Comment

It might be a bargain if the raptors actually featured him more often than 3 possessions in the 1st quarter. Just because they got him on a good deal based on contracts around the league doesn't mean that contract and the player fits particularly well with the team. Even if biz fit worse in the defence it's easy to argue that he more than made up for that on the defensive end.

I like JV, but his skill set isn't used and he isn't consistent in terms of effort....
                  It's really not easy to argue, or at least to support said argument with evidence, that Biz brought enough defensively to make up for his offensive deficiencies.

JV's skill set is used - not in its entirety or to its fullest extent, but it certainly is used.

No one on the team is consistent in terms of effort, and I'd include Biz last year in that.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Seems like a contract that could be easily moved if Masai was willing to shop it.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Seems like a contract that could be easily moved if Masai was willing to shop it.
                      Any contract is movable, it's the return that matters.
                      Because its 2015

Comment

JV can easily be moved. The only pickle Masai put himself in is with Carroll's contract, although you can't predict injuries so I don't blame Masai for signing him.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          JV can easily be moved. The only pickle Masai put himself in is with Carroll's contract, although you can't predict injuries so I don't blame Masai for signing him.
                          What?! lol

Carroll was injured when we signed him, he injured himself in the ECF with Hawks...no GM is perfect but Masai gets a pass from our fanbase for nearly every mistake he makes. It is an AWFUL signing and always was.

Comment

• Have we made a trade yet?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                              What?! lol

Carroll was injured when we signed him, he injured himself in the ECF with Hawks...no GM is perfect but Masai gets a pass from our fanbase for nearly every mistake he makes. It is an AWFUL signing and always was.
                              He injured his knee around December last year and then had surgery. Thats where the serious injury was and clearly was never the same.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X