Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LJ2 wrote: View Post
    A vocal leader on defence is definitely something we need right now. I just don't know if they can turn it around at this point. Guys can say what they want to say to the media but to play great D, you have to have everyone motivated to do so. Not seeing that right now.
    I mean, last season, the league as a whole had offensive ratings about 2 points lower than this season. So scoring is ticking up across the league.

    Even given that, Biyombo last season had an on-court DRTG of 100.6. So about 102-103 in this year's terms.

    The current starting lineup with JV and Pat has a 102.2 DRTG. The starting lineup with JV and BeBe has a 98 DRTG. The Lowry and bench unit has a 104 DRTG. If we'd play the lineups that work, and not the ones that don't (like the Siakam starting lineup that has a 114 DRTG, or the DD+Bench unit with a 109), we'd be fine.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post
      I mean, last season, the league as a whole had offensive ratings about 2 points lower than this season. So scoring is ticking up across the league.

      Even given that, Biyombo last season had an on-court DRTG of 100.6. So about 102-103 in this year's terms.

      The current starting lineup with JV and Pat has a 102.2 DRTG. The starting lineup with JV and BeBe has a 98 DRTG. The Lowry and bench unit has a 104 DRTG. If we'd play the lineups that work, and not the ones that don't (like the Siakam starting lineup that has a 114 DRTG, or the DD+Bench unit with a 109), we'd be fine.
      nope. pound the rock.

      Comment


      • Vucevic is on the trading block. He's not a great defensive big man, but he's a double double 7-foot machine. Orlando is looking for a proven wing scorer.

        Orlando Trades:
        Vucevic
        2nd round pick 2017

        Toronto Trades:
        Ross
        Poetl

        Orlando gets their shooter and unclogs the PF/C spot. They get a young prospect in Poetl.
        Raptors get a proven big man to fill the PF spot. They also get a high 2nd rounder in a very good draft. Raps have done well scouting, getting quality talent with low 1st picks and high 2nd round picks.

        Comment


        • changv10 wrote: View Post
          Vucevic is on the trading block. He's not a great defensive big man, but he's a double double 7-foot machine. Orlando is looking for a proven wing scorer.

          Orlando Trades:
          Vucevic
          2nd round pick 2017

          Toronto Trades:
          Ross
          Poetl

          Orlando gets their shooter and unclogs the PF/C spot. They get a young prospect in Poetl.
          Raptors get a proven big man to fill the PF spot. They also get a high 2nd rounder in a very good draft. Raps have done well scouting, getting quality talent with low 1st picks and high 2nd round picks.
          vucevic is fairly exclusively a center

          Comment


          • changv10 wrote: View Post
            Vucevic is on the trading block. He's not a great defensive big man, but he's a double double 7-foot machine. Orlando is looking for a proven wing scorer.

            Orlando Trades:
            Vucevic
            2nd round pick 2017

            Toronto Trades:
            Ross
            Poetl

            Orlando gets their shooter and unclogs the PF/C spot. They get a young prospect in Poetl.
            Raptors get a proven big man to fill the PF spot. They also get a high 2nd rounder in a very good draft. Raps have done well scouting, getting quality talent with low 1st picks and high 2nd round picks.
            I don't really see why they would want another 7 footer with a similar game like JV.

            I'd rather keep the high first rounder we have in Poetl because it's doubtful with Ujiri's track record that a big trade is coming. MU is more likely to make small trades he can "win" and ride out this current Lowry era as a good but not elite team. Poetl could be an important part of a future window however. Damn I feel like pessimistic today.

            Comment


            • LJ2 wrote: View Post
              I don't really see why they would want another 7 footer with a similar game like JV.

              I'd rather keep the high first rounder we have in Poetl because it's doubtful with Ujiri's track record that a big trade is coming. MU is more likely to make small trades he can "win" and ride out this current Lowry era as a good but not elite team. Poetl could be an important part of a future window however. Damn I feel like pessimistic today.
              I mean, Ujiri traded Melo in a deal that set the standard for similar trades. He traded for Iguadala. He traded Rudy Gay for the entire Kings' bench. Guy has only been a GM for ~6 seasons and he's closed 3 significant deals. How many big trades does a GM need to do?

              I really don't understand the reputation he has among some Raps fans......

              Comment


              • slaw wrote: View Post
                I mean, Ujiri traded Melo in a deal that set the standard for similar trades. He traded for Iguadala. He traded Rudy Gay for the entire Kings' bench. Guy has only been a GM for ~6 seasons and he's closed 3 significant deals. How many big trades does a GM need to do?

                I really don't understand the reputation he has among some Raps fans......
                Ujiri is a trade wizard. Those were quite amazing trades, but I love this one the most:
                http://www.raptorshq.com/2015/6/25/8...z-to-the-bucks

                Traded Vasquez to get NORMAN POWELL .... AND a future first round pick!!!

                Comment


                • Any trade we make should be a win two years from now type of deal. Let the Cavs and GS do their thing and plan to peak two to three years from now. We have a great young core, add to that.

                  Comment


                  • saints91 wrote: View Post
                    Any trade we make should be a win two years from now type of deal. Let the Cavs and GS do their thing and plan to peak two to three years from now. We have a great young core, add to that.
                    Don't think we can afford to think that way. In 3 years, Lowry will be 33 and he's (arguably) the main reason the Raptors are one of the op teams in the East. Not sure if we can rely on him playing at a near MVP pace at 33 yrs.

                    With our present core, now is the time to make a splash in the trade market.

                    Comment


                    • slaw wrote: View Post
                      I mean, Ujiri traded Melo in a deal that set the standard for similar trades. He traded for Iguadala. He traded Rudy Gay for the entire Kings' bench. Guy has only been a GM for ~6 seasons and he's closed 3 significant deals. How many big trades does a GM need to do?

                      I really don't understand the reputation he has among some Raps fans......
                      It's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately perspective, but Ujiri hasn't made any "big trades" that take us from playoff team, to contender. It's been 3 yrs with the same DeRozan/Lowry/Jonas core.

                      Not suggesting such a trade is easy to do, but it is what it is. Melo trade be damned.

                      Comment


                      • slaw wrote: View Post
                        I mean, Ujiri traded Melo in a deal that set the standard for similar trades. He traded for Iguadala. He traded Rudy Gay for the entire Kings' bench. Guy has only been a GM for ~6 seasons and he's closed 3 significant deals. How many big trades does a GM need to do?

                        I really don't understand the reputation he has among some Raps fans......
                        I'm not knocking Ujiri, and it's great that he isn't the gambler that Colangelo is, but the next step for this current team requires an infusion of a some what major talent. Perhaps I'm incorrect in that theory, but I don't see any other way we can get past the Cav's. So, is it that far of a stretch to say that a GM whom has seemingly always sent out the main piece in a trade has a reputation of not being able to acquire the main piece?

                        Comment


                        • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          I'm not knocking Ujiri, and it's great that he isn't the gambler that Colangelo is, but the next step for this current team requires an infusion of a some what major talent. Perhaps I'm incorrect in that theory, but I don't see any other way we can get past the Cav's. So, is it that far of a stretch to say that a GM whom has seemingly always sent out the main piece in a trade has a reputation of not being able to acquire the main piece?
                          I think most teams have this dilemma too.. teams like Houston, LAC, OKC, Atlanta, Washington, etc. Hard to get a major talent in this league. A guy has to be available. So far no one is.. not Cousins, not George, not Millsap, etc. If a major talent is not available then what do you do?

                          Comment


                          • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            I'm not knocking Ujiri, and it's great that he isn't the gambler that Colangelo is, but the next step for this current team requires an infusion of a some what major talent. Perhaps I'm incorrect in that theory, but I don't see any other way we can get past the Cav's. So, is it that far of a stretch to say that a GM whom has seemingly always sent out the main piece in a trade has a reputation of not being able to acquire the main piece?
                            Sure, maybe, depends.

                            If the criticism is simply that he hasn't landed a whale then that's valid (he hasn't). But that doesn't equate to "he won't do big trades/can't do big trades/is too cautious, etc." and that's the idea I was noting didn't make much sense to me.

                            Comment


                            • planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I think most teams have this dilemma too.. teams like Houston, LAC, OKC, Atlanta, Washington, etc. Hard to get a major talent in this league. A guy has to be available. So far no one is.. not Cousins, not George, not Millsap, etc. If a major talent is not available then what do you do?
                              I don't know if I see it exactly the same way when it comes to Houston, LAC, and OKC. Those teams have the all world talent, but are constructed poorly around that talent. With the Raptors we are sort of playing above what most would peg is our ceiling.

                              And the what do you do part is what I'm getting at. You kind of have to be a risk taker as a GM to take the next step to being a contender. It means taking some of the talent, picks etc. and paying a kings ransom for George or Cousins etc. It may pay off big, or it may blow up in your face but it's likely you are losing the deal in terms of what you give up. And I'm not faulting Ujiri for not wanting to take that risk, but I'm being realistic that we may have met our ceiling without taking it.

                              Comment


                              • slaw wrote: View Post
                                I mean, Ujiri traded Melo in a deal that set the standard for similar trades. He traded for Iguadala. He traded Rudy Gay for the entire Kings' bench. Guy has only been a GM for ~6 seasons and he's closed 3 significant deals. How many big trades does a GM need to do?

                                I really don't understand the reputation he has among some Raps fans......
                                Yeah but he hasn't traded for an all star since coming on board with the raptors!

                                If memory serves me correct, the last time an all star caliber switched teams via trade was james harden to Houston..so yeah it's not fucking easy
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X