Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I do think if Masai makes a move for Ibaka, he'll be shedding salary (or at least term) in the deal so he can re-sign all of Lowry, Pat and Ibaka.

So, Carroll and CoJo out, or Ross and CoJo. If we're going to make the financials of three top paid players work, have to have contracts like Powell and Wright's yielding great value in big roles.
    What's the point of resigning 2pat if you already have Ibaka? Where do the minutes come from? Serge averages 30 mins for his career. Are we taking minutes away from Jv?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      What's the point of resigning 2pat if you already have Ibaka? Where do the minutes come from? Serge averages 30 mins for his career. Are we taking minutes away from Jv?

You need more than 2 competent bigs and you can use any combo of those three on the floor at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        You need more than 2 competent bigs and you can use any combo of those three on the floor at all times.

Ibaka does everything 2pat does but better. Seems like a waste of money to pay both. Develop Siakam so he can give you a solid 15 mins a game.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think it's clear by now that JV will be 25-28 mins player for us(if we don't trade him). We'd find mins for 2pat. He's quality player. Winner.

Comment

Ibaka does everything 2pat does but better. Seems like a waste of money to pay both. Develop Siakam so he can give you a solid 15 mins a game.

Patterson is really important to the team and I don't think they do exactly the same thing. Pat is an extremely mobile defender that you can switch off of anyone. Serge is a rim protector and pat isn't. Pat is also a better shooter than Ibaka while Ibaka is the better overall offensive player. A serge/pat front court could potentially be very good defensively.

Comment

Patterson is really important to the team and I don't think they do exactly the same thing. Pat is an extremely mobile defender that you can switch off of anyone. Serge is a rim protector and pat isn't. Pat is also a better shooter than Ibaka while Ibaka is the better overall offensive player. A serge/pat front court could potentially be very good defensively.

Ibaka can switch out on the perimeter as well. 2pat is only important because of his skill set. Ibaka has the same skill set but, better. 2pat is important because he is the only stretch 4 on the team.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                I think it's clear by now that JV will be 25-28 mins player for us(if we don't trade him). We'd find mins for 2pat. He's quality player. Winner.
                Yeah, but dont forget Bebe as well. Who seems to be getting better as the season goes on.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Terrence ross should never be untouchable lol. We overrate his value cause he's an elite 3 pt shooter. Add it all up.he's a replaceable bench scorer.

In general, you'd like to hope there's some plan to get some extra shooting at the wing if you're sending out Ross.

Ibaka at least can shoot the ball, and brings much needed short term help at PF. It would still hurt to lose Ross in the sense of losing our best shooter at the wing/backcourt spots. I really don't see any help coming there from Orlando's side. Might have to get another team involved or make another deal/signing on the side. Don't forget, we have Ross locked in on a very friendly deal.

Any shooters on the market at SF?

Comment

Ibaka can switch out on the perimeter as well. 2pat is only important because of his skill set. Ibaka has the same skill set but, better. 2pat is important because he is the only stretch 4 on the team.

I think to maximize serge's effectiveness you have to have him near the basket to affect/alter shots. I'm comfortable putting Pat on lebron, not so sure about putting serge on Lebron. Pat is a better defender imo, just not a good rim protector and rebounder. Add serge and you've got a decently mobile big who can protect the rim, which fits with pat great. To me it's worth it to have both of them.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      In general, you'd like to hope there's some plan to get some extra shooting at the wing if you're sending out Ross.

Ibaka at least can shoot the ball, and brings much needed short term help at PF. It would still hurt to lose Ross in the sense of losing our best shooter at the wing/backcourt spots. I really don't see any help coming there from Orlando's side. Might have to get another team involved or make another deal/signing on the side. Don't forget, we have Ross locked in on a very friendly deal.

Any shooters on the market at SF?
                      Wilson Chandler.

If Masai can land both Chandler and Ibaka we would be really good.

Comment

I think to maximize serge's effectiveness you have to have him near the basket to affect/alter shots. I'm comfortable putting Pat on lebron, not so sure about putting serge on Lebron. Pat is a better defender imo, just not a good rim protector and rebounder. Add serge and you've got a decently mobile big who can protect the rim, which fits with pat great. To me it's worth it to have both of them.

OKC was switching PnR with Ibaka guarding Steph. That's why they had such success vs the Warriors in the WCF. Ibaka is more mobile/agile than your giving him credit for.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Wilson Chandler.

If Masai can land both Chandler and Ibaka we would be really good.

I thought of that, but I don't know that we have anything Denver wants (that we want to shed), and 3-team deals are hard to figure out. If we'd be getting Chandler and Ibaka we'd have to send out lots of salary to match, and who the fuck wants Carroll?

And would we be able to shed enough money to make it easier to re-sign guys in the offseason (assuming trades work out for the best on the court) ??

Might be something more under the radar available for shooting.

Comment

• Do you guys really want Ibaka?!

I kinda want Chandler more.. He's perfect for our team.

Comment

Do you guys really want Ibaka?!

I'd rather have Chandler too. Locked in on a good deal for a long time too.

Comment

Do you guys really want Ibaka?!

How is Chandler going to help our defense?

Comment

Working...
                                X