Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts


  • "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

    Comment


    • S.R. wrote: View Post

      Wonder if Holiday will be going back the other way? Philly needs a good PG.

      Comment


      • planetmars wrote: View Post
        Wonder if Holiday will be going back the other way? Philly needs a good PG.
        *EDIT* - rumours are Ajinca and a first rounder. Surprised that BC is still trying to get draft picks.

        Comment


        • planetmars wrote: View Post
          *EDIT* - rumours are Ajinca and a first rounder. Surprised that BC is still trying to get draft picks.
          Brook Lopez and Foye for Asik, Galloway, Pondexter, NOP 1st 2017, and 2nd 2018
          Abbas wrote:

          First of all i was my own source

          Comment


          • planetmars wrote: View Post
            *EDIT* - rumours are Ajinca and a first rounder. Surprised that BC is still trying to get draft picks.
            Why?!

            They are still right at the beginning of a rebuild. If it were NOH 2017 then PHI can pretty much complete their starting line up (especially if they got the Lakers pick). Imagine...

            Dennis Smith Jr (#4 overall - LAL pick)
            Malik Monk (#6 overall - their pick)
            Ben Simmons
            Lauri Markanenn (#9 overall - NOH pick)
            Joel Embiid

            My God, if that happens...it's over and I'm bandwagonning, hate all you want lol

            Abbas wrote: View Post
            Brook Lopez and Foye for Asik, Galloway, Pondexter, NOP 1st 2017, and 2nd 2018
            Personally I rather take Okafor who's cheaper, younger with better upside and probably lower asking price. Not sure if that is a rumour or just a deal you made up.
            Last edited by JamesNaismith; Mon Feb 6, 2017, 06:00 PM.

            Comment


            • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              Why?!

              They are still right at the beginning of a rebuild. If it were NOH 2017 then PHI can pretty much complete their starting line up (especially if they got the Lakers pick). Imagine...

              Dennis Smith Jr (#4 overall - LAL pick)
              Malik Monk (#6 overall - their pick)
              Ben Simmons
              Lauri Markanenn (#9 overall - NOH pick)
              Joel Embiid

              My God, if that happens...it's over and I'm bandwagonning, hate all you want lol



              Personally I rather take Okafor who's cheaper, younger with better upside and probably lower asking price. Not sure if that is a rumour or just a deal you made up.
              NOP isn't giving up an unprotected 2017 pick for Okafor.

              Word is they are trying to move their 2018 pick or lotto-protect the 2017.

              But any mid-first pick for Okafor is still a decent return.
              It’s Ogugua season. Time to gugua.

              Comment


              • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                NOP isn't giving up an unprotected 2017 pick for Okafor.

                Word is they are trying to move their 2018 pick or lotto-protect the 2017.

                But any mid-first pick for Okafor is still a decent return.
                Yeah I went to read a bit more about the potential trade and I think they are asking for top 10 protection for 2017 which I think is actually pretty fair deal. Everyone hates on Jahlil (a lot of that personally I believe is mismanagement by PHI) but he is a VERY good offensive player to say the least and Davis next to him to make up for his, let's call it defensive and rebounding defiencies but really they are a perfect compliment to each other. But even in this super draft, it's hard to say that outside the top 10 anyone else looks like a guaranteed 18-20ppg scorer but Okafor is one imo.

                Not to mention there are still good odds they would retain the top 10 the suddenly they're adding a piece around Hield, Okafor and Davis. If not I think generally speaking (because there is always that 1 or 2 players that slip through) Okafor's value will be equal to most of the names available in that 10-15 range, if not better. Of course that's how BC has the potential to win this deal because if he spots the "Paul George, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard" of the draft then he destroys the deal but that's the gamble and also as aside to why I really value our picks because mark my words, in a draft this deep there WILL be a player like that in such a deep draft that will slip through the chacks.

                Comment


                • I really hope Masai trades for a starting PF before the deadline.

                  Our principal assets are Ross, Joseph and one of Sully/Patterson.

                  Our principal targets are Ibaka and Millsap.

                  Comment


                  • charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    I really hope Masai trades for a starting PF before the deadline.

                    Our principal assets are Ross, Joseph and one of Sully/Patterson.

                    Our principal targets are Ibaka and Millsap.
                    At this point (since we didn't capitalize on the initial offer of Ross/Pat for Sap), I think both options will be a bit of a catch 22. I think with ATL getting back to some winning ways with Millsap at the center of their success that the asking price will have gone up. Depends how much really?! I'm ok it meant sending Poeltl as well but if they start wanting Powell or our picks, personally I walk away.

                    With Ibaka, he's just a solid player....you're not getting a STAR player and his impact will be likewise but his paycheck will be that of one that's a SUPERSTAR and he's nowhere near worth that. Again I don't mind if the biggest thing we lose is Poeltl (I do actually think he can develop into a solid big himself) but the only players I give up for him will be some combination of Corey, Carroll and Sully. I wouldn't give up anything else because I really don't believe he makes us THAT much better. I really don't think having him even ensures a ECF appearance (as Sap would) and then we gotta massively overpay him to keep him?! Then we have truly capped ourselves as a treadmill team because that team has no chance of making it to the Finals.

                    Comment


                    • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                      At this point (since we didn't capitalize on the initial offer of Ross/Pat for Sap), I think both options will be a bit of a catch 22. I think with ATL getting back to some winning ways with Millsap at the center of their success that the asking price will have gone up. Depends how much really?! I'm ok it meant sending Poeltl as well but if they start wanting Powell or our picks, personally I walk away.

                      With Ibaka, he's just a solid player....you're not getting a STAR player and his impact will be likewise but his paycheck will be that of one that's a SUPERSTAR and he's nowhere near worth that. Again I don't mind if the biggest thing we lose is Poeltl (I do actually think he can develop into a solid big himself) but the only players I give up for him will be some combination of Corey, Carroll and Sully. I wouldn't give up anything else because I really don't believe he makes us THAT much better. I really don't think having him even ensures a ECF appearance (as Sap would) and then we gotta massively overpay him to keep him?! Then we have truly capped ourselves as a treadmill team because that team has no chance of making it to the Finals.
                      I can certainly respect that perspective, but I disagree for a couple reasons:

                      Firstly, we're almost inevitably capped out for the foreseeable future, so how much we're over the cap isn't a huge factor. It's not like we're going to be able to get under the cap enough to sign big free agents. And probably, we're not just going to be over the cap, we're probably going to be into the luxury tax if we retain Lowry in the offseason, with a three year window until the repeater rate kicks in. So, the only thing that overpaying Ibaka really affects is the owners' pocketbooks, and if they're willing to overpay, I don't think fans have much reason to object.
                      Secondly, I think Ibaka is actually a near perfect fit here that gives us a serious puncher's chance against Cleveland. Maybe not as much as Millsap, but enough to make it worth the move. JV + Ibaka gives us a starting lineup that stretches the floor better than any other starting unit we've had in the last couple years, and gives us better shot-blocking as well. But Patterson + Ibaka as a counter for Cleveland's perimeter-oriented lineups is where I see the real upside to acquiring Ibaka; an elite pick-and-roll defender who can guard wings out on the perimeter (even guards when necessary). Mix in Bebe as a fourth big and that's an extremely versatile and dangerous group.

                      As well, being the same age as DeRozan, he makes sense as part of a long-term core on this team, moreso than Millsap. He'd be by far the most playoff-experienced guy on the roster.

                      Personally, I can't imagine a realistic scenario where we have as good odds to get to the finals in the next 3 years as we would right now if we did a trade based around Ibaka for Ross and Poeltl. (And I say that as a big fan of Ross.) If we could get him for something that was based around Carroll (or Corey) instead of Ross, all the better, but I don't consider that realistic.

                      Comment


                      • at this point im just waiting to see how low you can buy on ibaka at the deadline i guess.

                        Comment


                        • octothorp wrote: View Post
                          I can certainly respect that perspective, but I disagree for a couple reasons:

                          Firstly, we're almost inevitably capped out for the foreseeable future, so how much we're over the cap isn't a huge factor. It's not like we're going to be able to get under the cap enough to sign big free agents. And probably, we're not just going to be over the cap, we're probably going to be into the luxury tax if we retain Lowry in the offseason, with a three year window until the repeater rate kicks in. So, the only thing that overpaying Ibaka really affects is the owners' pocketbooks, and if they're willing to overpay, I don't think fans have much reason to object.
                          Secondly, I think Ibaka is actually a near perfect fit here that gives us a serious puncher's chance against Cleveland. Maybe not as much as Millsap, but enough to make it worth the move. JV + Ibaka gives us a starting lineup that stretches the floor better than any other starting unit we've had in the last couple years, and gives us better shot-blocking as well. But Patterson + Ibaka as a counter for Cleveland's perimeter-oriented lineups is where I see the real upside to acquiring Ibaka; an elite pick-and-roll defender who can guard wings out on the perimeter (even guards when necessary). Mix in Bebe as a fourth big and that's an extremely versatile and dangerous group.

                          As well, being the same age as DeRozan, he makes sense as part of a long-term core on this team, moreso than Millsap. He'd be by far the most playoff-experienced guy on the roster.

                          Personally, I can't imagine a realistic scenario where we have as good odds to get to the finals in the next 3 years as we would right now if we did a trade based around Ibaka for Ross and Poeltl. (And I say that as a big fan of Ross.) If we could get him for something that was based around Carroll (or Corey) instead of Ross, all the better, but I don't consider that realistic.
                          Yeah we'll definitely have to agree to disagree because I just don't see it (him making us a true contender....and his true age lol). Sorry (but not) that some will say I'm stereotyping but I don't believe for one sec that Ibaka is only 27 y/o. Pretty much all things point to him being older than stated...we've seen a decline in his stats and really imo if you look at him 3 or so years ago, that was a guy who looked and played physically like a man entering his prime. This one still seems strong, in good shape but just the slightest notch under what he once was (as evidenced by his stats) but moving along...

                          The other shortcoming I have with him is that he's not a creator on offence and he's not really a leader. Two things we sorely miss when Kyle is not on the court and also when he (and DeMar) are struggling like the previous seasons. A guy like Millsap, can do both because he's so versatile and he's the engine behind ATL's success and Ibaka is the guy that can't even get his team in the Playoffs (levels to it). Also while Ibaka is a solid shotblocker he's not as smart of an overall defender like Millsap....



                          He has a greater overall effect on the entire defence because he just has a great feel and understanding of what's going on, where as Serge is much more of just a strong shotblocker than an overall defender and right now our defence as unit not only needs shotblocking but IQ to lead it as well. PM is another true general on the court and will be a much better match up against LBJ than Ibaka, in fact he's probably the closest physically (obviously nowhere near as explosive but smart) to have a real impact to make us much more challenging for LeBron. Ibaka maybe slows down Love but the issue for us (and everyone else isn't him), it's LBJ and like Green (but stronger) Paul's the best we can hope for there. With Ibaka imo you're only kidding yourself.
                          Last edited by JamesNaismith; Tue Feb 7, 2017, 12:28 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Thoughts on Wilson Chandler?

                            Comment


                            • blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              Thoughts on Wilson Chandler?
                              Not a fan. Tends to require a high usage (no room for that here), not a great defender (mediocre to poor in my estimation), not really even that good a scorer (under 34% from 3)... He's rebounding well this year, but not so well that he'd be a significant upgrade in that area on, say, Patterson or Siakam. He might be OK as a backup 3, but frankly we are over stocked on the wing and I'm not a fan of signing up to him as an older and slightly more expensive Terrence Ross who can't shoot.

                              Even assuming we wanted him, there's not a lot of deals easy to put together for him that don't include younger or better (or both) players going the other way.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • Abbas wrote: View Post
                                Brook Lopez and Foye for Asik, Galloway, Pondexter, NOP 1st 2017, and 2nd 2018
                                Who is your source ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X