Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    I'll tell you who won't....WE WON'T do it.

We weren't willing to give ROSS + Patterson for Millsap who is MUCH better player than Ibaka

But now we give up Ross AND a pick?! rotlmfao....not a chance. That's a ridiculous overpay and higher asking price than Millsap which not only makes no sense when Paul is the more talented player but Ibaka has made never stated any desire to stay ORL hence why they are rumored to be actively shopping him. They're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I offer them Corey + Poeltl + filler...if they don't like walk. Why would they do it?! Corey is a cheap back up (which they need), he's also a previous teammate of Biz (who they invested heavily into), he's good in the lockerroom which helps lessen the pain of inevitable "rebuild" and Poeltl was last year's #9 pick. To keep it in perspective all ATL got for Teague (who was an all-star) was the #12 pick Taurean Prince so quite frankly we're doing them a damn favour even given them that much.

I don't know what the heck some of you are thinking. They are in a must deal situation. Saying if they don't get a pick they're better off letting him walk is stupid they would completely embarrass themselves if they essentially just gave away Oladipo and #11 for nothing.
    The point is, they're not trading Ibaka without getting a young asset in return.

Poeltl fills the exact same purpose as a pick.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      The point is, they're not trading Ibaka without getting a young asset in return.

Poeltl fills the exact same purpose as a pick.
      I get that, that's why I suggested Poeltl since we're not really playing him anyways.

Comment

I'll tell you who won't....WE WON'T do it.

We weren't willing to give ROSS + Patterson for Millsap who is MUCH better player than Ibaka.
        I've seen you post this a few times but don't remember reading it anywhere. Has it been reported there was a Millsap trade we turned down? Link?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          I've seen you post this a few times but don't remember reading it anywhere. Has it been reported there was a Millsap trade we turned down? Link?
          Brian Windhorst from ESPN reported it...

http://hoopshype.com/storyline/patrick-patterson-trade/
          http://legionhoops.com/report-hawks-...n-for-millsap/

Another funny tidbit...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...zan-quick-one/

In the end the Raptors balked at sending Cory Joseph, Norman Powell, Patrick Patterson and their No. 9 pick to Oklahoma City for Ibaka. Ujiri wants to add to his talent base, not create a new weakness (bench strength), which is why he stood still at the trade deadline too.
          So that's when Norm's value is lower than now and when we could have had an entire year of Ibaka...we basically laughed it off. Maybe some of you will catch on that we don't need to give a package of young players and picks. They will be incredibly lucky to get one and I wouldn't do it for anything greater than Poeltl.
          Last edited by JamesNaismith; Wed Feb 8, 2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Good as place as any to put this.. but it seems Woj is moving to ESPN. That's a huge deal for ESPN. Those Woj bombs and articles will bring in a lot of traffic.

http://deadspin.com/sources-adrian-w...ium=socialflow

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              They wouldn't, likely. Hence the pick. But what do we do for wings next year?
              What do we do for wings this year? Ross, Carroll and Powell share minutes that could easily be shared between Carroll and Powell. It's great to have depth but not at the expense of another position. Right now our PF is PPat and if he's injured (or sometimes even if he's not), it's Siakim...or Sullinger. I'm sure it's not as simple as that but it seems ok.

Comment

I get that, that's why I suggested Poeltl since we're not really playing him anyways.
                Yes, but you're mocking people suggesting giving up a pick when you are suggesting essentially the same thing.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Yes, but you're mocking people suggesting giving up a pick when you are suggesting essentially the same thing.
                  No it's not essentially the same thing...

It's being suggested that we include Ross who is himself a younger prospect and value contract AND a pick from a super draft where there could very easily be at least a couple of players as good and likely better than what Poeltl is.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    What do we do for wings this year? Ross, Carroll and Powell share minutes that could easily be shared between Carroll and Powell. It's great to have depth but not at the expense of another position. Right now our PF is PPat and if he's injured (or sometimes even if he's not), it's Siakim...or Sullinger. I'm sure it's not as simple as that but it seems ok.
                    The deal I replied to had both Carroll and Ross outgoing, if I'm recalling correctly.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      The deal I replied to had both Carroll and Ross outgoing, if I'm recalling correctly.
                      gotcha

Comment

• I wish their was a player like Charles Oakley around, his the kind player they need 2 smack the sense in this team...Team is very soft interior, bad rebounding..lazy pick an roll defending, especially JV..if their is a guy that needs 2 b moved..sooner than later, it's him..they won't win with him..
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                          I wish their was a player like Charles Oakley around, his the kind player they need 2 smack the sense in this team...Team is very soft interior, bad rebounding..lazy pick an roll defending, especially JV..if their is a guy that needs 2 b moved..sooner than later, it's him..they won't win with him..
                          nah

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            Ibaka's career arc is a bit weird for a guy who's still only 27. His greatest strength has been his defence but that's been slipping noticably. Blocks have fallen off a cliff and are still trending down, rebounding is trending down, likely the only thing he's improved on over the last 4 years (ages 23-27) is 3 point shooting. That's really weird and doesn't give much confidence if you're looking at signing his next deal, especially if he's coming because you want a big who can bring game changing defence.

As was mentioned most of his game is built on his athleticism and he seems to be losing it quickly and early. You won't get the Ibaka of 4 years ago when you sign him, that's for sure.

Millsap's just been so steady, I agree he will likely age well and give you as many good years coming up here as Lowry will before age + wear and tear start to get to him, too.

I'd still guess Atlanta explores Millsap deals at the deadline.
                            Could this (decreased rebounding & blocks) be the result of "Stretch 4"?
                            Eg: If guarding say Ryan Anderson (likely around 3 pt line):
                            -How are you going to get a RB if he misses while 20ft away from basket?
                            -If Ibaka is setting around 3 pt line & another team-mate shoots, he is kind of out of rebounding range.
                            -If they swing the ball inside -how do you get a chance at a block?

I get what most people are saying: We would rather have Millsap over Ibaka & yes if need to pay Millsap max rather than say 20-25 for Ibaka.
                            2 Slight problems/obstacles:
                            *Millsap may not even be available considering how much better Atl has been playing;
                            *If Atl makes him available, it would be at a much much higher cost (if for no other reason, Atl can afford to bluff & hold out. Worse case scenario, no trade for PM, they go to playoffs then MAYBE Millsap resigns. Orlando has no such illusions -no playoffs & slim to no chance of resigning Ibaka).

As the result of this bottom line is: If we go for Millsap -its an all in proposition. Lot more assets to acquire & pretty much must offer max to keep. With Ibaka, cost a lot less (according to rumours) and still have assets for another deal.
                            Personally, I too would slightly prefer Millsap, everything being equal or close to, but it is not.

Comment

No it's not essentially the same thing...

It's being suggested that we include Ross who is himself a younger prospect and value contract AND a pick from a super draft where there could very easily be at least a couple of players as good and likely better than what Poeltl is.
                              Joseph is even younger than Ross. You also completely overlooked that the deal posted would shed two years and $30 million of DeMarre Carroll off our books. The difference between the two packages (Ross + late pick offset by shedding Carroll, vs Joseph and Poeltl) is not massive enough for all your "rotflmao" BS.

There's a way to talk to people without being a condescending dick.

Comment

• We really need to keep our picks this year and I think Masai knows that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X