• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh boy... melo just isn't a good idea

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
      Oh boy... melo just isn't a good idea
      In general I agree.

But I will say with how terrible CoJo and Carroll have been if the cost for Melo was those 2 and some other minor piece (that isn't a 1st rd pick), I just might entertain it...

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        Not that I like the idea but just for the sake of keeping things to talk about I seen this in another forum..

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2...o_raptors.html

Personally I wouldn't want Melo here even at the 4. His defence is atrocious while it may be slightly improved if you slide him over at the 4 but like your boy Shannon Sharpe said "Melo is a glue guy, you pass him the ball and it just sticks in his hands" which we don't really need more of...
        Thank God, Melo brand would never allow him to go to (God forbid) Great white north.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
          Carroll, Cojo, Sully, Clips pick
          for
          Melo, O'Quinn

Lowry-Wright-Van
          DeRozan-Powell
          Carmelo-Ross
          Patterson-Bebe
          Jonas-O'Quinn

Melo takes half of Cojo & Carroll shots...
          A couple shots from Lowry and demar
          that equals to about 15-16shots a game

Other half of Cojo and Carroll's shots plus a couple from Ross and patterson go to Wright/Powell

Line up
          This team can beat any team in the east not named Cleveland
          But... it can take cavs to game 6-7 and possibly upset

Melo plays WAY better with good players around him
          ex. Team USA
          This idea was "your own source"?
          Bad idea, change the source.
          NO MELO IN TO.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Melo is a below average defender.. but comparing him to Andrea and Jose? Really? He's not a good defender at all.. but probably closer to DD than Jose. Melo is just a better playoff performer though. More confidence.. doesn't get rattled.

I'd rather have Melo than DD if the playoffs were on the line. Either way my trade just wasn't DD for Melo. There was more to it.

And wait.. you want Melo and DD to play together? Weren't you around when Rudy Gay was on the team? Also, I thought Melo's defense was as bad as Bargnani and Calderon's? So you still want Melo? You just also want to keep DD? Hmm.. not sure I think that's a good idea at all. Rather avoid him altogether then.
            I don't want melo but if we can get him for Carroll, Cojo and Sully and a late pick its worht trying

Plus we get O'Quinn as well, he's killing it this season

Melo could work, i mean come on he cannot be worse than Carroll right?
            All we will need to do this offseason is trade JV and Ross for a Defensive center and sign someone like IBAKA
            IDK if we'll have the salary cap to do that though
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Melo actually plays well at the 4. He can actually be an ok defender when he wants to, which is a problem because he probably won't want to. But, he is no doubt better than DC, probably on both ends of the floor. He plays well when others make plays for him. DD and Kyle can both do that. Give melo a couple ISOs a game and then have him camp on the perimeter for the rest of the game and I'd be pretty happy with that. Only problem is I don't really want to get rid of a pick for him. I'd do DC, Cory, Poeltl and a second. It would be even better if we could net a Justin Holiday too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                I don't want melo but if we can get him for Carroll, Cojo and Sully and a late pick its worht trying

Plus we get O'Quinn as well, he's killing it this season

Melo could work, i mean come on he cannot be worse than Carroll right?
                All we will need to do this offseason is trade JV and Ross for a Defensive center and sign someone like IBAKA
                IDK if we'll have the salary cap to do that though
                I'm with you on this one Abbas, it could work.

How many years left on Melo's contract?

Comment

That's a lot of arrows.. is he really that much better?

I'll grant that DD is better, younger, and less of a drama queen. But I like my fantasy starting unit better than what we have now.
                  Melo is not the same player as he once was. He can score still but his defense is worse than derozans IMO.

Comment

That's a lot of arrows.. is he really that much better?

I'll grant that DD is better, younger, and less of a drama queen. But I like my fantasy starting unit better than what we have now.
                    This isn't 2011 lol

Demar is better than Melo in every statistic. And it's not even that close anymore.
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      Melo actually plays well at the 4. He can actually be an ok defender when he wants to, which is a problem because he probably won't want to. But, he is no doubt better than DC, probably on both ends of the floor. He plays well when others make plays for him. DD and Kyle can both do that. Give melo a couple ISOs a game and then have him camp on the perimeter for the rest of the game and I'd be pretty happy with that. Only problem is I don't really want to get rid of a pick for him. I'd do DC, Cory, Poeltl and a second. It would be even better if we could net a Justin Holiday too.

Check out this list. http://stats.nba.com/players/shootin...ge%20FGA&dir=1

Numbers 1 and 2 in mid range field goal attempts are DeRozan and Anthony, by a wide margin. In fact the two of them average as many as Paul George, Jimmy Butler AND Dwyane Wade combined.

Melo is not going to be content with a couple isos and camping on the perimeter. This is a guy who obsesses about his brand. http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...oof-reputation

If you put him and DD on the same team, not only are they going to operate in each others' space, and duplicate each others' skills, you are going to increase the ball pounding, black hole, lack of sharing-type offense to the point where it's Rudy Gay to the next degree.

You put Melo on this team and not only do we not improve, we probably regress.

Comment

• T Ross + Cory Joe + Clippers 1st rounder for Ibaka + Meeks?

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                          T Ross + Cory Joe + Clippers 1st rounder for Ibaka + Meeks?
                          Overpay. Cojo and Sully.

Comment

Overpay. Cojo and Sully.

They would value shooting more than a backup pg. I think if anything, T Ross would be the first to go.

Honestly, I want to see Norm and Delon get minutes. I think Delon is gonna be a really special player if he gets the burn.

Comment

Overpay. Cojo and Sully.

Why would Orlando do this?

Thay have Ibaka's Bird rights. They can offer him the most money, and gamble on giving it to him in order to facilitate a sign-and-trade, in which case you can be sure the return will be far greater than Cojo and Sully.

People are acting like Orlando's only options are to take our scraps or watch Ibaka walk, when that's not even remotely close to the situation.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Why would Orlando do this?

Thay have Ibaka's Bird rights. They can offer him the most money, and gamble on giving it to him in order to facilitate a sign-and-trade, in which case you can be sure the return will be far greater than Cojo and Sully.

People are acting like Orlando's only options are to take our scraps or watch Ibaka walk, when that's not even remotely close to the situation.
                                Fair enough but we're not giving them a first.

Comment

Working...
                                X