Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Why would Orlando do this?

    Thay have Ibaka's Bird rights. They can offer him the most money, and gamble on giving it to him in order to facilitate a sign-and-trade, in which case you can be sure the return will be far greater than Cojo and Sully.

    People are acting like Orlando's only options are to take our scraps or watch Ibaka walk, when that's not even remotely close to the situation.
    Sign and trade deals cannot have the fifth year or higher raises. If Ibaka moves in a sign and trade, it is for the same amount other teams can offer him straight up, so it is very unlikely he'd move in a sign and trade.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • Maury wrote: View Post
      Overpay. Cojo and Sully.
      I'd cut it off at CoJo + Sully + Poeltl for Ibaka.

      I don't see how either side can complain that much although I'd love to swap Corey for Carroll.

      Comment


      • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        I'd cut it off at CoJo + Sully + Poeltl for Ibaka.

        I don't see how either side can complain that much although I'd love to swap Corey for Carroll.
        I'd like to keep Poeltl. Maybe siakam instead. I'd hope Orlando wouldn't want poeltl considering their glut of bigs.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • Maury wrote: View Post
          Melo actually plays well at the 4. He can actually be an ok defender when he wants to, which is a problem because he probably won't want to. But, he is no doubt better than DC, probably on both ends of the floor. He plays well when others make plays for him. DD and Kyle can both do that. Give melo a couple ISOs a game and then have him camp on the perimeter for the rest of the game and I'd be pretty happy with that. Only problem is I don't really want to get rid of a pick for him. I'd do DC, Cory, Poeltl and a second. It would be even better if we could net a Justin Holiday too.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I mean if we can trade DC + ross or something along that line for melo we shohld definitely do it but not sure if knicks would do that xD

          Comment


          • Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
            Oh boy... melo just isn't a good idea
            In other Melo news.....RIP Fab.

            Comment


            • DanH wrote: View Post
              Sign and trade deals cannot have the fifth year or higher raises. If Ibaka moves in a sign and trade, it is for the same amount other teams can offer him straight up, so it is very unlikely he'd move in a sign and trade.
              My bad, I didn't see that this had changed.

              But there's stll no other way for a capped out team (like us) to get him and his Bird rights.

              I'm not saying Ibaka in specific is a must-add target, but what is our strategy if we're just going to keep adding late first round picks to ride the pine? The whole supposed goal of asset accumulation was to eventually convert them into tangible value.

              Naismith keeps bitching about Masai not making a move and then doesn't even want to give up a late first... Overvaluing our own assets is exactly why deals don't get done.
              It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

              Comment


              • Jclaw wrote: View Post
                In other Melo news.....RIP Fab.
                RIP. So young. And he died in his sleep. Makes you think about your own health. Damn.

                Comment


                • Steve Kyler‏ @stevekylerNBA
                  From the beginning of this I was told Serge wants to be in Toronto (if moved), not sure Raptors will part with enough to make it happen.
                  Bodes well for us being able to re-sign him at slightly less than max (maybe the extra year helps in this regard).

                  Also suggests we might not want to pay the current ask. Hopefully nobody swoops in and snags him, especially if no one else who fits becomes available.
                  It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                  Comment


                  • Take it for whatever the heck it's worth but according to the Toronto Star we're not trading for either Millsap or Ibaka....

                    The urgency of not knowing is a good way of putting it, because what happens next is the real unknown. Yes, the front office has toyed with trade ideas all season. The Raptors inquired on Millsap, but the price was Patrick Patterson, Terrence Ross, a pick and a prospect, and then the Hawks went a little squirrelly anyway. The Raptors have weighed Orlando’s Serge Ibaka, a power forward who can hit threes and block shots. But the concerns over his declining big-man numbers and future salary have outweighed those positives.

                    But more, the faith that such a move tilts the tables enough to pull the trigger has not coalesced. So with the trade deadline two weeks away, it’s becoming clear: Millsap isn’t coming. Ibaka isn’t coming. The big swing that some in the fan base are clamouring for isn’t happening. Right now, even a small tweak doesn’t seem to be on the table.
                    https://www.thestar.com/content/thes...nt-arthur.html

                    Comment


                    • Personally I'd actually be shocked if we didn't make a move...

                      I feel like this trade deadline is the defining moment for this "core"...

                      Lowry must be feeling the same. I mean he's looking at his next 5 years thinking how does he want to spend that and your GM has been selling you on the franchise desire to compete for a championship for years. He's likely aware how just his contract will drastically thin out our pockets and he see our chance to add a top PF to put some actions behind the words and right now Masai isn't pulling the trigger?!?!

                      I just can't see Masai holding out and taking the chance that Kyle looks and thinks that the Raptors have regressed into a 3rd - 4th place team and you're already 31 so you can't wait a season or two more to see what we can do.

                      This will be by far the most telling trade deadline and subsequently off season of this entire core's time together...I feel like this deadline will define it's fate.

                      Comment


                      • I think Lowry spent his career bouncing around, fighting with coaches and playing second fiddle. Now, he's first chair and the coach is ride or die. His body will break down but he's got a lot of Chauncey IQ, grit, leadership and shooting that will allow him to be a key contributor. IF demar can keep improving (3s, etc) and grab that Kobe mantle then I don't think we miss a step there. Not too worried.
                        Eventually, I'd like to keep pat, dump Carroll and trade jv. Might be a minor deal at the deadline but I hope Masai will try something big at the draft.
                        We will see. There's still time and opportunity imo.

                        Comment


                        • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                          Take it for whatever the heck it's worth but according to the Toronto Star we're not trading for either Millsap or Ibaka....



                          https://www.thestar.com/content/thes...nt-arthur.html
                          Honestly if you watched Ibaka in the playoffs last year. Nothing about his game is declining. Shoot really well from 3. Was blocking everything and switched on to the likes of Steph Curry and held his own. Compare that to Ross who hasn't showed up once in the playoffs.

                          Ibaka just makes too much sense. With how this team is currently constructed. Masai need to stop watching Ross' 51 game highlight tape on YouTube.

                          Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

                          Comment


                          • Maury wrote: View Post
                            Overpay. Cojo and Sully.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            So the Magic are just going to give Ibaka away? I know they're staring down the prospect of having him walk for nothing this summer but there are probably 20 other teams in the league right now who would gladly trump that offer for Ibaka. It's going to take more then a struggling, back up point guard (when they already have a comparable player on the roster in Payton) and salary filler to get this done... Let's get real.

                            Any significant move from the Raptors this deadline will almost certainly involve at least one of our two first rounders this year... And I'm fine with that. They'd be the 21st and 24th picks overall respectively if the season ended today - the spots in the draft where the historical expectation for players drafted there is somewhere between back-end of the rotation guy and total non-factor. Plus they already have prospects in the pipeline that they can't find real minutes for - Poetl, Wright, Van Fleet, even Bruno if you're feeling generous - and seemingly minimal playing time ready to open up for them next year. What does adding two more late first round flyers to that list really do? And finally, the impact of trading one of those picks is significantly reduced by the fact that they still will hold the other one (and all of their future draft considerations to boot).

                            Comment


                            • Fully wrote: View Post
                              So the Magic are just going to give Ibaka away? I know they're staring down the prospect of having him walk for nothing this summer but there are probably 20 other teams in the league right now who would gladly trump that offer for Ibaka. It's going to take more then a struggling, back up point guard (when they already have a comparable player on the roster in Payton) and salary filler to get this done... Let's get real.

                              Any significant move from the Raptors this deadline will almost certainly involve at least one of our two first rounders this year... And I'm fine with that. They'd be the 21st and 24th picks overall respectively if the season ended today - the spots in the draft where the historical expectation for players drafted there is somewhere between back-end of the rotation guy and total non-factor. Plus they already have prospects in the pipeline that they can't find real minutes for - Poetl, Wright, Van Fleet, even Bruno if you're feeling generous - and seemingly minimal playing time ready to open up for them next year. What does adding two more late first round flyers to that list really do? And finally, the impact of trading one of those picks is significantly reduced by the fact that they still will hold the other one (and all of their future draft considerations to boot).
                              Add Poeltl to the deal or walk away.

                              Posters who keep throwing in our 1st rounders clearly aren't paying attention to this draft closely. If there were 20 other teams that could gladly trump that I'm sure ORL would already have a deal done. The Magic aren't going to get anywhere near what they "paid" for Ibaka and the rest of the league knows that so they are going to get pennies on the dollar. Just letting him walk would be the dumbest thing they could possibly do and it would be a total embarrassment.

                              Getting a back up PG and young prospect in Poeltl is more than enough imo.

                              Remember Jeff Teague was an all-star and all ATL got out of it was a #12 pick (Prince) so actually less despite the fact Teague had actually become an all-star, is younger (Ibaka is not 27, total bs) and had a full year to get him to buy in. There aren't teams rushing to give offers because it's clear to everyone Ibaka is in decline and will be expecting a HUGE pay day. There won't be a long list of suitors and those who do want him probably don't want to give up much (a la Melo) as he isn't a superstar or even close to it.

                              Comment


                              • Mason Plumlee was just traded for Nurkic and a 2017 first rounder. Let's get realistic about Ibaka. Cory/Sully wont get it done.

                                Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X