Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rocwell wrote: View Post
    We always were one of the best offences in the league.. when we make 3s. We have to commit to defence tho. We're not Warriors. We don't have a lot of weapons. We must defend if we want to win in the playoffs.
    I know we've been one of the best offensive teams under Casey. That's why it's wierd that they would be interested in Gallo. It made more sense last year when Biz was here.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun Feb 12, 2017, 04:57 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

    Comment


    • Clips are only 2 games ahead of 20th (so are we &#128529. Without Paul, they're pretty even with the teams around them. Blake's had his own issues, DJ needs Paul on O and the rest are role players. I wouldn't bet against them but I can see them slipping.
      If that happens, our outlook is better than the ibaka trade imo. We are 14th right now in draft power per tankathon. Edging the clips pick up 4 or so spots, plus our "depth" contracts gives us options to move up or out of the draft potentially. Imo the potential return on investment would be higher. I didn't feel so strongly about it with Millsap but with ibaka I do. Not worth the assets + contract

      Comment


      • I don't even mind Gallo at this point... MU just needs to do something

        Comment


        • https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/s...99495026249730

          Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

          Comment


          • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/s...99495026249730

            Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            Next only to the Celtics being linked to every big name player who has even a 5% chance of being traded.

            Comment


            • lewro wrote: View Post
              Clips are only 2 games ahead of 20th (so are we ��). Without Paul, they're pretty even with the teams around them. Blake's had his own issues, DJ needs Paul on O and the rest are role players. I wouldn't bet against them but I can see them slipping.
              If that happens, our outlook is better than the ibaka trade imo. We are 14th right now in draft power per tankathon. Edging the clips pick up 4 or so spots, plus our "depth" contracts gives us options to move up or out of the draft potentially. Imo the potential return on investment would be higher. I didn't feel so strongly about it with Millsap but with ibaka I do. Not worth the assets + contract
              We often make the mistake at only considering the best possible outcome.

              This happened last year when people were outraged at the suggestion that we trade the Knicks pick. But there is always a downside to be considered.

              Say Paul comes back sooner than expected. The Clips just won two on the road, they can tread water the rest of the way. They might even make a move to improve.

              If the pick lands in the mid-20s and we let another year pass by, what is our endgame? It will take another two-three years at minimum for us to turn that pick into production, maybe longer given our recent history of draft picks. And our window is now.

              The fear of missing out on a potential star has to be given an appropriate probabilistic rating. As mjt20mik showed, the odds of us landing an all-star in the 20s is 4%. Double it because it's a good draft, hell triple it, and you're at 12%. Do we want to take a 1 in 8 chance that our pick will be an all-star 3-5 years from now? There's an 88% chance that doesn't even happen.

              Or do we want to align the production of that asset with our current contention aspirations?

              Asset accumulation is fine as long as we're not delaying the value into some nebulous future. That's the danger of the draft fantasy. You draft your Brazilian KD and then start to forget the fact that years have passed with no production, because there is always somethong bright and shiny and new to look forward to.

              Which is not to say the draft isn't an amazing tool and source of value (maybe the best), but we have to be realistic about what it means to be this far away from the top 10.

              Comment


              • Would you guys do something like

                Lowry, Ross, Clips pick, Raps 2nd 2018
                for
                Dario, Bayless, Ilyasova, Philly first 2017, Lakers first 2017, 2019 Kings, 2019 Philly Lottery protected

                We fall to 7/8 spot in the playoffs and lose but get some nice young players
                Draft a PG and SF with the lottery pick (1Fultz, 2Ball, 3Smith) (1Jackson, 2Isaac)
                In the summer sign either Millsap, Ibaka
                Trade Raps pick 2017, Saric, JV to Miami for Whiteside

                2017-18 Line up
                Ball
                Demar
                Joshson
                Ibaka
                Whiteside

                Make it to the playoffs again and get to the second round
                Let the rookies grow and have more picks still coming in 2019
                Abbas wrote:

                First of all i was my own source

                Comment


                • Abbas wrote: View Post
                  Would you guys do something like

                  Lowry, Ross, Clips pick, Raps 2nd 2018
                  for
                  Dario, Bayless, Ilyasova, Philly first 2017, Lakers first 2017, 2019 Kings, 2019 Philly Lottery protected

                  We fall to 7/8 spot in the playoffs and lose but get some nice young players
                  Draft a PG and SF with the lottery pick (1Fultz, 2Ball, 3Smith) (1Jackson, 2Isaac)
                  In the summer sign either Millsap, Ibaka
                  Trade Raps pick 2017, Saric, JV to Miami for Whiteside

                  2017-18 Line up
                  Ball
                  Demar
                  Joshson
                  Ibaka
                  Whiteside

                  Make it to the playoffs again and get to the second round
                  Let the rookies grow and have more picks still coming in 2019
                  No way Philly does that.

                  Comment


                  • mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                    No way Philly does that.
                    What if we add our 2017 first and lets say a prospect (Bruno, Pascal or Vanvleet)
                    Abbas wrote:

                    First of all i was my own source

                    Comment


                    • Philly can just sign Lowry in the offseason

                      Comment


                      • Abbas wrote: View Post
                        What if we add our 2017 first and lets say a prospect (Bruno, Pascal or Vanvleet)
                        Still no.

                        You're missing the point. They don't need to trade for Lowry, they can sign him and keep every asset instead and either use them or trade for much better assets to ADD to signing KL outright.

                        Comment


                        • In the words of Janet Jackson, my question to Masai Ujiri -- what have you done for me lately?

                          It's time to shake up this team!
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

                          Comment


                          • I don't like the move for Gallo unless it's shipping out Carroll + minimal asset like Bruno, 2nd rd or Delon at the most. Gallo doesn't play defence and second only to maybe Embiid as the most injury prone player in the league.

                            Comment


                            • exactly! why in the hell do we want Gallo so bad? he's not as great as you think. And we need defence more than offence right now from the SF spot.

                              i hope MU doesn't pick up gallo.
                              in masai we trust

                              water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

                              Comment


                              • god trade cory

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X