No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, lost cause here. Guys, Noel is a disaster offensively - he's just like Biz, all his impact stats show that he gives back most of his tremendous defence by mucking up the offence right good.

I'm confident in saying if we swapped out JV for an equivalent JV-level player at PF (which frankly is unlikely) and had Noel play big C minutes, we'd be no better than we are now, and would likely be worse.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Ugh, lost cause here. Guys, Noel is a disaster offensively - he's just like Biz, all his impact stats show that he gives back most of his tremendous defence by mucking up the offence right good.

I'm confident in saying if we swapped out JV for an equivalent JV-level player at PF (which frankly is unlikely) and had Noel play big C minutes, we'd be no better than we are now, and would likely be worse.
      Definitely has to be an agree to disagree because I think defensively Noel is substantially better than anyone we have, he's a DPOY caliber player and again has a softer touch, much quicker and more explosive than Biz was around the rim so that in combination with a star PF that would stretch the floor would not only take our defence but our offence up a notch but that's just my 2c.

But I'd love to actually hear some posters' opinions on the actual draft lol and some of the players they like...

Comment

• I don't think anyone can say whether we'd improve or not until we see them play. Which is the benefit of a rental. If it cost delon bebe 1st, I'm 100% down. Cory, I'm more on the fence.
        I can say for certain that we've been linked to noel twice in less than 6 months. Im not saying it's gonna happen but not a "lost cause" either.
        Noel is much better offensively than biz. Much more potential. Can play some spot pf. We're starting siakam, pat is meh atm, Sully is a fat guy with one foot, our backup center is 20 and a soft euro twig. Noel could really help us at a low cost (you over value cory as much as you under value noel imo and I like cory).
        It seems like some of your stats are influenced by team play? Philly has shit guards. Noel is limited but we don't need much and our guards can play to his strengths.
        Jv is a waaaaaaay better trade chip than Ross or cory.
        2 FGA. c'mon. We'd miss his screens, rebs and post defense. We should use his post offense but we don't. He mostly gets put backs which he does better than Noel but noel is average there.
        How can you be sure we wouldnt be a better team if we traded jv for a pf when you don't know who the pf is and they haven't played a game? We were supposed to tank post Rudy right? Saying "lost cause" is assuming that you know the outcome. You don't.
        the jv trade is a hypothetical secondary move based on actually seeing noel play. Not saying I know the answer bc i don't either but I'd have to see first.

Comment

• Yeah, sorry about that. I will post more when the games start.

Comment

• James

Comment

• Cleaned up the draft thread by moving the (pages of) posts that were purely trade talk. Combined with the Everything Boogie thread, we now have a one stop shop for all the random trade chatter that seems to be populating numerous threads. As always, the trade proposal threads are still available for all your proposed offers.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Just realized that Noel is younger than Siakam.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Cleaned up the draft thread by moving the (pages of) posts that were purely trade talk. Combined with the Everything Boogie thread, we now have a one stop shop for all the random trade chatter that seems to be populating numerous threads. As always, the trade proposal threads are still available for all your proposed offers.
                  Thx axel. Sorry for the mess.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                    Thx axel. Sorry for the mess.
                    Haha you certainly weren't the only one. If you were able to have 4 pages of off-topic convo by yourself then you'd be something of a legend around here.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The Philadelphia 76ers are almost guaranteed to part ways with one of their recently drafted big men. Joel Embiid has gotten off to a great start and might be the perfect piece to build a team around, along with Ben Simmons, who's currently nursing a foot injury.

Rumor Central That leaves Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel. They play similar positions, and Philadelphia's roster would be better off if the team were to move on from one of them. Noel has been the name mentioned in trade rumors the most, and several teams have inquired about the athletic, 22-year-old center from Kentucky, whom the 76ers drafted sixth overall in 2013. The Toronto Raptors are one such team, according to ESPN's Marc Stein.

Toronto signed former Boston Celtics stretch forward Jared Sullinger in free agency, but he'll be sidelined for another two months with a foot injury of his own. And with Bismack Biyombo now in Orlando, the Raptors are lacking depth in the frontcourt. Noel would serve as a backup to Jonas Valanciunas and could be a solid addition to an already talented roster that includes one of the best backcourts in the NBA in Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan.

The Raptors and Sixers discussed a trade centered around swingman Terrence Ross and Noel over the summer, the Philadelphia Inquirer pointed out.

But Toronto won't be in a rush to trade for Noel, as it will first attempt to fill the void of Sullinger's injury with rookies Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam. Noel had minor surgery on his left knee in late October and has yet to play a game this season. He averaged 11.1 points and 8.1 rebounds in 2015-16.
                      http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/rumors/...n-nerlens-noel
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 2016-17 scouting report from ESPN Insider
                        Scouting report

+ Mobile defensive center miscast at power forward

+ Poor shooter who's best used as a finisher around the rim

+ Good shot-blocker whose steal rate is elite for a big man

Analysis

In this space a year ago, I argued Noel playing alongside Jahlil Okafor wouldn't be such a big deal because he'd played with Henry Sims at times in 2014-15. Whoops. The Noel-Okafor pairing was outscored by an appalling 20 points per 100 possessions, according to NBA.com/Stats. With just Noel on the court, the Sixers were a more reasonable minus-6.2 points per 100 possessions, a better mark than three other teams (Brooklyn, the L.A. Lakers and Phoenix) posted last season. So expect Noel back at center this season, though Joel Embiid's potential debut means a crowd at the position. That's a concern for Noel, who will be a restricted free agent next summer if he isn't extended by Oct. 31.

Besides the Sixers' center depth, Noel's mobility is the impetus for trying him at power forward. He indeed has the mobility to defend on the perimeter, but not the instincts. Noel tended to over-help and leave shooters. Worse yet, guarding power forwards left Noel in worse position to block shots. His block rate went up from 1.3 per 36 minutes with Okafor to 2.1 as the primary center, similar to the 2.2 per 36 he blocked as a rookie. Add in Noel's incredible steal rate -- nearly three per 100 team plays, best of any NBA big man -- and he's a plus defender ... as a center.

Offensively, putting Noel at the high post cramped Philadelphia's spacing. Using a line-drive shot, he made just 24.3 percent of 2-point jumpers outside the paint, the second-lowest mark among players with at least 100 shot attempts per NBA.com/Stats. While Noel can occasionally find teammates throwing fastballs from the high post, he's far more valuable as a finisher. Noel shot an excellent 69.7 percent in the restricted area and particularly excels at lob finishes off the pick-and-roll.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I find the Ross for Noel chatter weird.

Switching Ross for Noel would not improve our chances of winning this year. We need Ross's shooting and Noel would be a suspect fit at best. So what's the end game?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            I find the Ross for Noel chatter weird.

Switching Ross for Noel would not improve our chances of winning this year. We need Ross's shooting and Noel would be a suspect fit at best. So what's the end game?
                            That was in the summer. Rumour now is Philly wants cojo and a 1st.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              That was in the summer. Rumour now is Philly wants cojo and a 1st.
                              Vanleet and a second
                              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                                Vanleet and a second
                                Van Fleet and a 2nd rounder won't get you much. Sixers have more than enough second rounders as it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X