Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    You have to remember that Kings just opened up a new stadium and will want to make the playoffs. Spending picks over wont cut it. I think sending a bonified starter in JV. Who still has upside will go a long way.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    But if you're the Kings, what helps you achieve that more:

    Demar & Gay & WCS at C?

    Or

    JV & Gay (maybe) and WCS at PF?

    Once Boogie is gone, those are the best remaining players. JV only makes sense if they are going full on nuke the roster with multiple trades. Teams that go that route are rarely making playoff pushes.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

    If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

    Comment


    • #32
      Axel wrote: View Post
      But if you're the Kings, what helps you achieve that more:

      Demar & Gay & WCS at C?

      Or

      JV & Gay (maybe) and WCS at PF?

      Once Boogie is gone, those are the best remaining players. JV only makes sense if they are going full on nuke the roster with multiple trades. Teams that go that route are rarely making playoff pushes.
      Rudy Gay wants out too. He wont be there long. Also the point is to add an All-star to our current core of All-stars. Don't see Masai pulling the deal if one of Lowry/DD is envolved. JV package just makes too much sense. Yes, they have Centers but, none are as good as JV. JV would automaticly become the best player on the team.

      Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

      Comment


      • #33
        Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Rudy Gay wants out too. He wont be there long. Also the point is to add an All-star to our current core of All-stars. Don't see Masai pulling the deal if one of Lowry/DD is envolved. JV package just makes too much sense. Yes, they have Centers but, none are as good as JV. JV would automaticly become the best player on the team.

        Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        Gay would certainly be more open to staying if paired with DD.

        Didn't you say earlier "by any means necessary"? That might mean DD because he makes significantly more sense to the Kings than JV and they have zero incentive to simply trade Boogie to us just because. DD would just as easily become the best player on their team plus he'd fit with their other better players and he makes more sense for your new arena theory. What sells more tickets in Sacremento, allstar and USA Olympian from SoCal or an unknown Lithuanian?
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

        If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

        Comment


        • #34
          Kings are not going to trade DC.

          Comment


          • #35
            McRealistic wrote: View Post
            Kings are not going to trade DC.
            I don't think they will this year but next summer I think they have to. They aren't winning and he won't resign.

            Celtics still front runners in my books.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

            Comment


            • #36
              Axel wrote: View Post
              Gay would certainly be more open to staying if paired with DD.

              Didn't you say earlier "by any means necessary"? That might mean DD because he makes significantly more sense to the Kings than JV and they have zero incentive to simply trade Boogie to us just because. DD would just as easily become the best player on their team plus he'd fit with their other better players and he makes more sense for your new arena theory. What sells more tickets in Sacremento, allstar and USA Olympian from SoCal or an unknown Lithuanian?
              LOL there's absolutely no chance that Masai trades DD.

              Not saying DMC isn't worth DD but there's no way with all the hype that the franchise has put into DeMar n the record setting amount of money MLSE just made on the Raptors that they give up a player with 3 more years on his contract n is the main reason Lowry would stick around. Not to mention Cousins actually hasn't led a successful team yet n doing so with JV still on the roster also makes little sense. Just a pointless trade proposal...if any trade were to happen JV plus both our picks are guaranteed to go then it's figuring if it's Powell etc adding in.

              Comment


              • #37
                JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                LOL there's absolutely no chance that Masai trades DD.

                Not saying DMC isn't worth DD but there's no way with all the hype that the franchise has put into DeMar n the record setting amount of money MLSE just made on the Raptors that they give up a player with 3 more years on his contract n is the main reason Lowry would stick around. Not to mention Cousins actually hasn't led a successful team yet n doing so with JV still on the roster also makes little sense. Just a pointless trade proposal...if any trade were to happen JV plus both our picks are guaranteed to go then it's figuring if it's Powell etc adding in.
                Then posters who claimed "by any means necessary" didn't mean it at all.

                I'm not suggesting Masai should or would, simply the logic at what the Kings would demand if the call was made. I put 0% chance he lands in Toronto anytime soon but since someone created a thread for it....
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Axel wrote: View Post
                  I don't think they will this year but next summer I think they have to. They aren't winning and he won't resign.

                  Celtics still front runners in my books.
                  Agreed on Celts being the most likely n it would probably happen before the draft so the Kings can decide who they want but getting a top 5 in one of the best drafts plus probably Smart n couple other pieces.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    Agreed on Celts being the most likely n it would probably happen before the draft so the Kings can decide who they want but getting a top 5 in one of the best drafts plus probably Smart n couple other pieces.
                    Smart and Brown could give them two very good defenders to combine with WCS. That's the makings of a real team as opposed to whatever their "no PG and 5 Cs" plan currently.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                    If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Masai wont trade Deebo especially if he wants to resign K Low next summer. Never mind the record amount of money he just gave him. "By any means" I meant everyobody but, our two all-stars. Still think Vlade would want at least one proven starter that has all-star potential. That's where Raptors would have the upper hand over Celtics.

                      Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Masai wont trade Deebo especially if he wants to resign K Low next summer. Never mind the record amount of money he just gave him. "By any means" I meant everyobody but, our two all-stars. Still think Vlade would want at least one proven starter that has all-star potential. That's where Raptors would have the upper hand over Celtics.

                        Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        You're looking at this wrong then. You're saying 'this is what I want, this is what I'm willing to give up' without even for a second considering what the Kings would actually want. Why do they want JV, when they have Koufos, Cauley-Stein, and Papagiannis, none of whom are natural fits beside JV?

                        JV is a great talent, sure. But if it's that easy for you to give him up to get Boogie, don't assume that they'll be willing to take him in exchange for Boogie.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Masai wont trade Deebo especially if he wants to resign K Low next summer. Never mind the record amount of money he just gave him. "By any means" I meant everyobody but, our two all-stars. Still think Vlade would want at least one proven starter that has all-star potential. That's where Raptors would have the upper hand over Celtics.

                          Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          I have to think that Masai would trade for a young top 10 player in Boogie and worry about 31-year-old Lowry afterwards. If and when talent like that is available, you have to swing. I say this because if Cousins lands in say, Boston, or some other pseudo-contending team in the East, unease will spread throughout the fanbase like wildfire. Nobody does panic like Raptor fans.
                          Last edited by Sinbad; Mon Oct 3rd, 2016, 06:48 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Barolt wrote: View Post
                            You're looking at this wrong then. You're saying 'this is what I want, this is what I'm willing to give up' without even for a second considering what the Kings would actually want. Why do they want JV, when they have Koufos, Cauley-Stein, and Papagiannis, none of whom are natural fits beside JV?

                            JV is a great talent, sure. But if it's that easy for you to give him up to get Boogie, don't assume that they'll be willing to take him in exchange for Boogie.
                            Exactly. The Kings have been loading up on bigs for years. They need a headlining guard, especially since Rudy wants out, the recently suspended Collison is a stop-gap, and McLemore hasn't exactly lit things up.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Barolt wrote: View Post
                              You're looking at this wrong then. You're saying 'this is what I want, this is what I'm willing to give up' without even for a second considering what the Kings would actually want. Why do they want JV, when they have Koufos, Cauley-Stein, and Papagiannis, none of whom are natural fits beside JV?

                              JV is a great talent, sure. But if it's that easy for you to give him up to get Boogie, don't assume that they'll be willing to take him in exchange for Boogie.
                              All those Centers you just mention are not proven. JV is a huge upgrade from all of them. Fit is obviously not thier priority or they wouldn't of drafted those Centers knowing they already had Boogie. Like I said if they want young proven talent Raptors are the team to call.

                              Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                All those Centers you just mention are not proven. JV is a huge upgrade from all of them. Fit is obviously not thier priority or they wouldn't of drafted those Centers knowing they already had Boogie. Like I said if they want young proven talent Raptors are the team to call.

                                Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                So your entire plan is based on 'Let's get Sacramento to do something incredibly stupid and not at all in their best interest'?
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X