Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lewro wrote: View Post
    Not worried about losing to them (although we do, often) now but they remain our competitors. Their chances of beating us in the future look better with that pick. Whose to say where things are at in 5 yrs? We're not gonna lose to the Sixers today either but I don't want to see them get another #1 pick, I want them to draft Okafor again.
    This is my focus, more so than watching the pelicans falter or kings succeed. Nothing to do with raps. Kings failing helps the raps stay competitive.
    I'm coming from the mindset that anything can happen in 5 years. One draft pick is one of many variables that could influence how the Bulls and Raptors look in 2022. I wouldn't put too much weight on it.

    Comment


    • golden wrote:
      Deyonta Davis or Skal over Siakam? Yep.
      Davis had lottery talent but red flags. Skal had an interesting skillset but was overhyped and bombed in workouts. Siakam was the most NBA ready of the three and the safest pick. I don't know which turns out to be the best, my money is on Davis though. That said, I get why they took Siakam even though it caught me off guard.

      Comment


      • Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I'm coming from the mindset that anything can happen in 5 years. One draft pick is one of many variables that could influence how the Bulls and Raptors look in 2022. I wouldn't put too much weight on it.
        I agree, but who's to say? I'd imagine the pick helps more than it hurts (short term, it may have factored into the Butler trade and might still - huge for Celts and us).
        I also think it's important to consider the minutae. Even minor aspects can become major factors. We'd all be happy if Greivis landed a 1st but the throw in 2nd became norm too.

        Comment


        • tonious35 wrote: View Post
          Now cue the Skal regrets
          I mean the jab step pull up mid range js and the put back dunks were pretty damn impressive. He and Willie Trill could be good in a year or two. We'll see how they play the rest of the year, but their young guys look like they have something. Still wondering why they didn't trade Collison/Koufos etc. for rookie scale guys who have yet to produce or 2nd rounders. Give this team a couple lotto picks and they have something to build around, until the FO fucks up.

          Comment


          • Apollo wrote: View Post
            Davis had lottery talent but red flags. Skal had an interesting skillset but was overhyped and bombed in workouts. Siakam was the most NBA ready of the three and the safest pick. I don't know which turns out to be the best, my money is on Davis though. That said, I get why they took Siakam even though it caught me off guard.
            And all of that sure-fire NBA readiness is going to pay immediate dividends for the Raps this year....... in the D-League playoffs.

            What exactly were those red flags with Davis?

            Comment


            • golden wrote: View Post
              Deyonta Davis or Skal over Siakam? Yep.
              I didn't like the idea of taking Davis #9 but loved it at #27.

              IMO he easily has the most potential. He doesn't seem like the brightest light bulb but he has a great combination of size, length and athleticism to be a prototypical small ball C would have been much better option than Bebe as a back up. I don't mind Siakam because he can end up being like another Amir which is ok better than busting out like Bruno but Deyonta could have been really developed into the type of C we seem to be looking for right now (defensive minded, able to catch lobs, shot block and athletic enough to handle the perimeter ok). Oh well....thankfully we won't feel the regret for awhile until Gasol retires.

              Comment


              • golden wrote: View Post
                And all of that sure-fire NBA readiness is going to pay immediate dividends for the Raps this year....... in the D-League playoffs.

                What exactly were those red flags with Davis?
                I think he bombed all the team interviews. Not so great attitude and not the smartest guy.

                I think we will be regretting Skal he has all the raw talent for this new age NBA.

                Comment


                • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  I didn't like the idea of taking Davis #9 but loved it at #27.

                  IMO he easily has the most potential. He doesn't seem like the brightest light bulb but he has a great combination of size, length and athleticism to be a prototypical small ball C would have been much better option than Bebe as a back up. I don't mind Siakam because he can end up being like another Amir which is ok better than busting out like Bruno but Deyonta could have been really developed into the type of C we seem to be looking for right now (defensive minded, able to catch lobs, shot block and athletic enough to handle the perimeter ok). Oh well....thankfully we won't feel the regret for awhile until Gasol retires.
                  Bruno is starting to fill out and round out his game. Another yr in dleague and he's ready after 4 yrs. Yesterdays Bruno highlights:

                  http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170223/ERIRAP/

                  Comment


                  • lewro wrote: View Post
                    Bruno is starting to fill out and round out his game. Another yr in dleague and he's ready after 4 yrs. Yesterdays Bruno highlights:

                    http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170223/ERIRAP/
                    Damn he's actually looking like a professional basketball player now. Also looks like he added a few pounds.

                    Might not be a lost cause like I thought he would be.
                    Last edited by slamdunk23; Fri Feb 24th, 2017, 05:27 PM.

                    Comment


                    • slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                      I think he bombed all the team interviews. Not so great attitude and not the smartest guy.

                      I think we will be regretting Skal he has all the raw talent for this new age NBA.
                      Yeah, I recall Davis had one interview where he said his goal was "....to get to his 2nd NBA contract." smh. Talk about turning an owner or GM immediately against you. Of course every prospect thinks about that stuff, but he actually said it out loud in front of media.

                      Comment


                      • golden wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, I recall Davis had one interview where he said his goal was "....to get to his 2nd NBA contract." smh. Talk about turning an owner or GM immediately against you. Of course every prospect thinks about that stuff, but he actually said it out loud in front of media.
                        Yeah just sounded completely unconfident. When you're looking at a kid in the lottery (as he was initially) the last thing you want to hear is not only that he doesn't see himself being a star in the league but that he just hopes he's good enough to get a 2nd contract. Because of course most 2nd rd picks will be lucky if they do get one, he pretty much damned himself to fall out of the 1st rd.

                        I still believe he has all the physical tools to be a good player in the league but he better find a way to build some belief in himself. It's going to be hella tough being buried behind Gasol....maybe he can be our next "Bismack" in a few years and pick him up for pennies on the dollar.

                        Comment


                        • omri casspi just got waived. He's injured for 4 to 6 weeks but I think we should pick him up. May be good for the playoffs then we can resign him on the cheap.

                          Comment


                          • connected wrote: View Post
                            omri casspi just got waived. He's injured for 4 to 6 weeks but I think we should pick him up. May be good for the playoffs then we can resign him on the cheap.
                            Who do we release? FVV?
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                            Comment


                            • connected wrote: View Post
                              omri casspi just got waived. He's injured for 4 to 6 weeks but I think we should pick him up. May be good for the playoffs then we can resign him on the cheap.
                              You also realize that playoffs start in 49 days - which is 7 weeks. Casey is already going to be trying to figure out rotation combinations with Ibaka and Tucker, and now you're potentially wanting to add another moving piece, potentially just a week before playoffs begin? Pass

                              Comment


                              • connected wrote: View Post
                                omri casspi just got waived. He's injured for 4 to 6 weeks but I think we should pick him up. May be good for the playoffs then we can resign him on the cheap.
                                If you want to sign a FA, go for Sanders, Bogut or Barnes, not a player who is injured for a lengthy period of time.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X