Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
    I don't think there is any truth to the klay trade rumours. He fits perfectly with that team its probably just someone in Boston starting a rumour again. Boston has been rumoured to be getting Butler, Cousins, Hayward, Davis, Noel & now Klay and all of those have been proven to be fake.

As for your proposed trade I wouldn't do it. We already have enough wings, if we were to trade JV it would have to be for another big.
    I just don't see GSW doing that to Klay. Perhaps if they lost in the Finals by getting pounded in the paint but I think it's almost certainly just a random rumor (likely spread by Celtics media lol since Horford hasn't caused a noticeable change...as yet).

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      As for the discussion about Cousins. I would do it as long as we don't have to gut our team to do so. If we can't create a package centered around JV but we somehow can retain at least one pick this year and Norm, I say do it.
      Even if they ask for Norm I'd say go for it. You hardly ever get a chance to roll the dice on an impact player. Plus we're capped out, so barring financial wizardry our only real opportunities for raising our ceiling are via trade.

Comment

• If you could swing a 3 team deal with JV, Klay and some star-level PF coming to Toronto then I might be on board (depending on the star-level PF). But I don't think Klay on Toronto makes sense. Not when DD's better at being a SG than a SF.

And besides the rumor was created by Scalabrine. He came up with a Avery/Crowder/Brooklyn swap pick for Klay deal. With GSW using that pick to trade for a shot-blocking center like Noel.

I believe Kerr even shot that one down recently.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
          Oh I wouldn't make that trade. I'd want Ibaka or Millsap beside JV. And LMA was a more intriguing option for me as a free agent signing. I'm not so sure I'd like to move JV to get him when we already had a small chance of signing him when he was a free agent. I would expect us to have a shot at either Ibaka or Millsap next summer, but would require some moves to clear the space necessary to sign them, and that itself might open up another hole or two in the roster. Like if we had to trade Carroll and Ross for nothing (would that even be enough?), would it really be worth it as we would have no one at the SF spot?

But I think the more interesting discussion that others have brought up would be trading JV for the all star type PF and pairing him with a more mobile defensive C. Not sure Bebe or Poeltl would fit the bill as starters, but it is an interesting thought to wonder what the team would function like in that scenario. Imagine a situation like Lowry, Demar, Carroll, Millsap and Howard. Now you gotta think that lineup has a chance at the Cavs. Obviously, I'm not suggesting getting Millsap and Howard, but thats the hypothetical example I think of when guys are suggesting moving JV for a PF allstar type and pairing that acquisition with a mobile defensive C.
          LOL. I'm the one who kicked off that LMA+Noel wet-dream, even though I rarely propose trades on here. It's not unprecedented either, as the Dallas Mavericks with Dirk + Tyson Chandler worked that type of pairing (offensive PF + defensive C) to perfection to beat Lebron and the Heatles. And they had a much lesser supporting cast than the Raps.

The advantage of trading with Philly is that they could facilitate trades fairly easily and they are interested in Joseph, who I think could be expendable with Wright/Powell absorbing his minutes. The core of the deal could be done a one-shot 3-way trade that was posted by another poster, and works under cap rules. Still think that the Spurs would insist on Powell at a minimum. And of course all of this fantasizing assumes LMA is even on the table....

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zvfe7dp

Comment

• For those daydreaming about Anthony Davis

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/celt...-star-like-him

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              LOL. I'm the one who kicked off that LMA+Noel wet-dream, even though I rarely propose trades on here. It's not unprecedented either, as the Dallas Mavericks with Dirk + Tyson Chandler worked that type of pairing (offensive PF + defensive C) to perfection to beat Lebron and the Heatles. And they had a much lesser supporting cast than the Raps.

The advantage of trading with Philly is that they could facilitate trades fairly easily and they are interested in Joseph, who I think could be expendable with Wright/Powell absorbing his minutes. The core of the deal could be done a one-shot 3-way trade that was posted by another poster, and works under cap rules. Still think that the Spurs would insist on Powell at a minimum. And of course all of this fantasizing assumes LMA is even on the table....

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zvfe7dp

You can send delon and sully instead of cory. Jv and siakam or yak to spurs works too.

I like this deal but norm was never mentioned in the earlier posts iirc. Jv + norm for LMA = No
              On top of that we are sending cory to Philly? They better send us a casket back for Lowry bc Casey will finally bury him.

Comment

• Zach Lavine and Gorgui Dieng in return for Poeltl+Cory Joseph+Jared Sullinger

Comment

• Zach Lavine and Gorgui Dieng in return for Poeltl+Cory Joseph+Jared Sullinger

Sullinger can't be traded until after Dec 14 though.
                  Last edited by c-troop; Tue Nov 15, 2016, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• or keep Sullinger and trade Patman, either would work.

Last edited by c-troop; Tue Nov 15, 2016, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• The T'Wolves aren't about to just give Zach LaVine away lol come on guys.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                        The T'Wolves aren't about to just give Zach LaVine away lol come on guys.
                        We gotta pay more attention to Hollinger's analysis in these trade machine proposals. -11 wins for the TWolves, lol.

Then again, this is a franchise that was dumb enough to draft 3 PGs in 1 night, passing on Steph Curry twice.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          We gotta pay more attention to Hollinger's analysis in these trade machine proposals. -11 wins for the TWolves, lol.

Then again, this is a franchise that was dumb enough to draft 3 PGs in 1 night, passing on Steph Curry twice.
                          That was under totally different management though.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

As opposed to the brilliant Raptor franchise that was thought of as the "San Antonio of the North" before Masai arrived?
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                              That was under totally different management though.
                              True. But just pointing out that seemingly smart people do make dumb decisions every once in a while.

But I agree with your original thought, that LaVine as a Raptor is basically a pipe dream.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                As opposed to the brilliant Raptor franchise that was thought of as the "San Antonio of the North" before Masai arrived?
                                Masai arrived, and the Raptors started winning almost immediately (even if it was by accident). The TWolves have drafted well of late, but that still doesn't show they know how to build a competitive roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X