Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Sully would be an upgrade once he gets back.

I almost think we need to start looking at players that can slow down LeBron. Doesn't need to be a star...even Shawn Marion played a big role in making things difficult for him when Dallas beat Miami.
    wasnt that supposed to be demarre carroll though? and technically james johnson at the time i suppose.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
      There's not really any such thing as slowing down LeBron tbh. What Dallas did worked because he had no post game back then. What you have to do is prevent anybody else from having big games. If you're letting Frye hang 20+ here and Kyrie or Love are doing their thing you're not winning the game/series.

And about Sully, I just don't like him at all at PF. Slow, can't make threes, won't be able to guard quicker 4s.
      Yeah but those guys feed of LeBron. I think you have to slow him down to slow their team down. His two most recent finals loses were against that Dallas team which threw long athletic guys at him and Spurs where Leonard was all over him. I agree LBJ's game has gotten much better now and when teams dare him to shoot he can make them pay. Still think you have to make things tough on him if you have a chance at beating the Cavs.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
        wasnt that supposed to be demarre carroll though? and technically james johnson at the time i suppose.
        Yup, and I think we realize now that Carroll isn't the big enough, quick enough and frankly not the stopper many of us thought he was. He's a good defender, but not a guys I would associate as a stopper. Yet to see a healthy version of him in Toronto, so maybe that changes. James Johnson had all the physical tools, but just not the IQ or discipline so I don' really consider him.

Comment

• Anybody willing to take a big chance on Bosh when the Heat waive him?

He probably wouldn't be eligible for the playoffs by the time he gets waived, but in theory, he's the perfect piece going forward.
          Depends on if they are confident that he can actually play and what kind of risk you'd run if something happened to him and you had cleared him to play. Lots of organizational risk beyond the immediate contractual obligations.

Comment

• Is there really a big risk with getting Bosh? Miami will end up paying most of his salary if he clears waivers (and he will). It's just a matter of knowing that his career could end and he may not play a minute.

But if he can and does, then we've got an all-star for peanuts. The down-side is we have to use up the 15th spot on the roster for him.. so no Van Vleet for example.

I can see Masai taking that chance simply because it is Chris Bosh (former Toronto Raptor). But I could see a lot of other teams as well. Bosh would have the upper hand on which team he wants to play for. I'm not sure he'd even want to come back here despite the team's recent success.

Comment

• Read an article on RealGM today that the Jazz are "prioritizing extending George Hill over Derrick Favors." They have $13 million in cap space which would allow them to agree upon on an in-season extension with one of the two. (I feel like this counts as chatter. Perhaps I'm stretching the limits?)

Favours is still signed next year at a $12million cap hit. Just wondering if that kind of talk should make us think Favors is at all available and what would it take to swing a deal? I know they're playing well and inline for a good season so likely they don't wanna move him. Any thoughts on what could be mutually agreeable though?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Derrick-Favors

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                Read an article on RealGM today that the Jazz are "prioritizing extending George Hill over Derrick Favors." They have $13 million in cap space which would allow them to agree upon on an in-season extension with one of the two. (I feel like this counts as chatter. Perhaps I'm stretching the limits?)

Favours is still signed next year at a $12million cap hit. Just wondering if that kind of talk should make us think Favors is at all available and what would it take to swing a deal? I know they're playing well and inline for a good season so likely they don't wanna move him. Any thoughts on what could be mutually agreeable though?

Favors is looking like the odd man out in Utah mainly because he cannot stay healthy. They also have Lyles which makes it easier to part ways with Favors.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  Read an article on RealGM today that the Jazz are "prioritizing extending George Hill over Derrick Favors." They have $13 million in cap space which would allow them to agree upon on an in-season extension with one of the two. (I feel like this counts as chatter. Perhaps I'm stretching the limits?)

Favors is a young PF that I've coveted since his draft. As for what it would take to acquire him, it's hard to say... Ross? Ross & a prospect/pick? Prospect/picks & salary dump?

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Favors is looking like the odd man out in Utah mainly because he cannot stay healthy. They also have Lyles which makes it easier to part ways with Favors.
                    Ooh, boy, if we could get Favors without giving up the core (ie if they have Lyles ready to step in and want cheap depth and picks for Favors), gosh, that would be amazing. I would expect to get outbid though.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Favors is a young PF that I've coveted since his draft. As for what it would take to acquire him, it's hard to say... Ross? Ross & a prospect/pick? Prospect/picks & salary dump?
                      I'd go Ross, Poeltl, Wright and both 2017 picks if that's what it took.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I'd go Ross, Poeltl, Wright and both 2017 picks if that's what it took.
                        It's a steep price, but I'd have a hard time saying no. Is there a realistically attainable PF who has the combination of skill & potential, that fits the Raptors window (ie: JV & DD) like Favors?

Comment

• I'd definitely be down for that. Looking at their depth chart, the positions they're relatively thin at are C and SF. So in Ross and Poeltl we'd be giving them some pieces they could use now. Not sure if they have much need for Wright as they've got a fair amount of depth at PG but the two 2017 picks I would readily throw-in to get Favors. He somehow seems so much more realistic than bagging LMA or Millsap without absolutely gutting our depth.
                          Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Fri Nov 18, 2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• The article only says that this season they'd extend Hill over Favors, not that the Jazz don't want to keep or resign him once his current contract is up. And since Favors has another year to go on his contract, makes sense to choose to take care of Hill first.

Plus this gives them more time to see what they have in Lyles. I haven't watched any of his games this year, but his stats have regressed and aren't exactly pretty.

Hey, I'd like Favors. Just saying don't assume he's suddenly available (not that this would have any impact on trade proposals of course).
                            Last edited by Mess; Fri Nov 18, 2016, 01:51 PM.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Ooh, boy, if we could get Favors without giving up the core (ie if they have Lyles ready to step in and want cheap depth and picks for Favors), gosh, that would be amazing. I would expect to get outbid though.
                              They also want to trade him to clear cap space. There's just no way they can pay Hood,Hayward,Favors,Gobert, and Hill
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Only knock against Favors is that he's become injury prone. But yeah he's a star in the making. Not sure if he's really available or not, but I'd love to have him.

Comment

Working...
                                X