Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I wonder if there's any chance Aaron Gordon could become available. The Magic aren't playing him in his correct position and he's struggling with too many ball-handling duties as a SF as opposed to his natural PF position.

    He's looking terrible this season and I'm wondering if this could be a buy-low opportunity. Kid has tremendous upside to be a major impact guy at the PF position and Orlando has a clear need at point guard (CoJo/Wright) and are dead last in the NBA in 3PT shooting percentage (Ross?)

    Comment


    • Lupe wrote: View Post
      I wonder if there's any chance Aaron Gordon could become available. The Magic aren't playing him in his correct position and he's struggling with too many ball-handling duties as a SF as opposed to his natural PF position.

      He's looking terrible this season and I'm wondering if this could be a buy-low opportunity. Kid has tremendous upside to be a major impact guy at the PF position and Orlando has a clear need at point guard (CoJo/Wright) and are dead last in the NBA in 3PT shooting percentage (Ross?)
      On one hand I'd think it would be stupid on their part to trade Gordon. However, their recent moves, like basically dumping Tobias for cap space, then using it on Bismack and Jeff Green as well as overpaying for a declining Serge Ibaka, almost makes the Kings FO seem semi-competent in comparison.

      As far as needs, the last thing they'd want is another PG that can't shoot. A guy like Ross would probably be a much better fit there.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

      Comment


      • I could see Carroll or Ross fitting well in Orlando. Carroll for Gordon & Meeks? Meeks is on an expiring contract.

        Comment


        • Lupe wrote: View Post
          I wonder if there's any chance Aaron Gordon could become available. The Magic aren't playing him in his correct position and he's struggling with too many ball-handling duties as a SF as opposed to his natural PF position.

          He's looking terrible this season and I'm wondering if this could be a buy-low opportunity. Kid has tremendous upside to be a major impact guy at the PF position and Orlando has a clear need at point guard (CoJo/Wright) and are dead last in the NBA in 3PT shooting percentage (Ross?)
          Great idea. If we aren't getting a superstar, a move for a high-ceiling prospect is the next best thing.

          Comment


          • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            On one hand I'd think it would be stupid on their part to trade Gordon. However, their recent moves, like basically dumping Tobias for cap space, then using it on Bismack and Jeff Green as well as overpaying for a declining Serge Ibaka, almost makes the Kings FO seem semi-competent in comparison.

            As far as needs, the last thing they'd want is another PG that can't shoot. A guy like Ross would probably be a much better fit there.
            That's what I'm thinking, they've shown a willingness to move prospects who they feel are underperforming. Tobias, Oladipo and now maybe Gordon. I think a Ross+Prospects+Picks package might be able to get it done, would hurt our shooting but ultimately help us in the long run.

            Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Great idea. If we aren't getting a superstar, a move for a high-ceiling prospect is the next best thing.
            Yep that's why I'm looking at guys like Noel and Gordon. I'm not a fan of moving for some of these slightly above average veteran players that others are suggesting like the two Chandlers, but buying low on these high ceiling guys could be a way to make our team much stronger, while also being able to lock them in for years given they're still on rookie deals.

            I also think Aaron Gordon would eliminate the need for a Biz type player as well as being able to start at the 4. Orlando for some reason thinks he's a 3/4 but I (and quite a few NBA analysts like Zach Lowe among others) think he's actually a 4/5. You could play him at the 5 in some small-ball lineups and even next to 2Pat in the frontcourt.

            Question is whether Orlando would trade him. That's a high draft pick (4th) to move on, but they aren't using him right, he's being marginalized and they have Ibaka and Jeff Green playing his natural position with Vuc and Biyombo at the 5 spots. You've got to wonder with their desperate need for shooting if they'd entertain a Ross-centered package for him, Carroll could make some sense too if the Magic are trying to win but that just seems unbelievably stupid on there part so I can't see it.

            Comment


            • Id be ok going after Gordon, but i don't think you give up Ross AND prospects AND picks for him. That's practically perennial all star price for a 3rd year player who looks like his best case is Shawn Marion with worse offence right now, and who's arguably shown no substantive improvement on that end.

              Maybe I'm undervaluing Gordon, but for all the hype he got so far, a tweener forward who's offensively limited shouldn't be that expensive and I wouldn't want to pay the price if he was.



              Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Lupe wrote: View Post
                That's what I'm thinking, they've shown a willingness to move prospects who they feel are underperforming. Tobias, Oladipo and now maybe Gordon. I think a Ross+Prospects+Picks package might be able to get it done, would hurt our shooting but ultimately help us in the long run.



                Yep that's why I'm looking at guys like Noel and Gordon. I'm not a fan of moving for some of these slightly above average veteran players that others are suggesting like the two Chandlers, but buying low on these high ceiling guys could be a way to make our team much stronger, while also being able to lock them in for years given they're still on rookie deals.

                I also think Aaron Gordon would eliminate the need for a Biz type player as well as being able to start at the 4. Orlando for some reason thinks he's a 3/4 but I (and quite a few NBA analysts like Zach Lowe among others) think he's actually a 4/5. You could play him at the 5 in some small-ball lineups and even next to 2Pat in the frontcourt.

                Question is whether Orlando would trade him. That's a high draft pick (4th) to move on, but they aren't using him right, he's being marginalized and they have Ibaka and Jeff Green playing his natural position with Vuc and Biyombo at the 5 spots. You've got to wonder with their desperate need for shooting if they'd entertain a Ross-centered package for him, Carroll could make some sense too if the Magic are trying to win but that just seems unbelievably stupid on there part so I can't see it.
                I wanted Aaron Gordon last year. I think you and Lowe are right -- he's better at 4 than 3. I'd trade for him in a heartbeat if the price was right; Ross+ seems close. But it would be a strange move for Orlando to make after pretty much calling him a future superstar and possible franchise-type player as recently as pre-season... you never know, though.
                Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

                Comment


                • Mess wrote: View Post
                  Damn you...stole my joke.

                  That's chandler bing..and he's never proven he can he quality without joey in the lineup
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • jimmie wrote: View Post
                    I wanted Aaron Gordon last year. I think you and Lowe are right -- he's better at 4 than 3. I'd trade for him in a heartbeat if the price was right; Ross+ seems close. But it would be a strange move for Orlando to make after pretty much calling him a future superstar and possible franchise-type player as recently as pre-season... you never know, though.
                    Maybe it was a combo "maybe if we call him that it's a public challenge to motivate him" and "maybe it will help raise his value if we decide to shop him to other teams". And maybe it was just pointless hyping in the preseason.

                    I'd try to avoid moving Ross for him. We have enough other pieces that it might be possible to manage that.

                    Comment


                    • In a league where 3 point shooting is so important to an offence it's difficult to swallow any trade that weakens us in that area.

                      Comment


                      • Would love to have Gordon for the right price.

                        As much as we talk about Cousins/Millsap it's probably more realistic that a team with a crowded front court moves a guy. Notably:
                        Utah (favours?)
                        Orlando (Gordon or Ibaka?)
                        Philly
                        Denver

                        Obviously the price has to be right. But if a team like Orlando is awful at the deadline then who knows?

                        Comment


                        • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          Would love to have Gordon for the right price.

                          As much as we talk about Cousins/Millsap it's probably more realistic that a team with a crowded front court moves a guy. Notably:
                          Utah (favours?)
                          Orlando (Gordon or Ibaka?)
                          Philly
                          Denver

                          Obviously the price has to be right. But if a team like Orlando is awful at the deadline then who knows?
                          I highly, highly doubt that ORL would even entertain it at this point. Not that Dipo is lighting up the league but Ibaka so far has been a complete flop (all the more reason I don't understand this board's infactuation with him when that's past tense) but they must understand now the value of holding onto their younger talent or at least they should...

                          If not, personally I like Gordon but I certainly don't feel like he's the answer. His game needs a ton of work. AG is a PF that has the frame of an ideal SF but still the skill level of a PF and no consistent 3pt shot to be a stretch 4 which of course is basically an oversized SF which physically he fits the bill of and I get that you're gambling on that upside but he looks very unrefined at this point. All kind of pointless because really I don't see them trading him with the Ibaka flop.

                          Comment


                          • I disagree that Ibaka is main reason that ORL struggle. Their offence is criminally bad - worst in the league, TS% below .500 (fun fact: everyone on GSW is above), we had spacing problems, look at them, only Ibaka and Fournier can shoot 3s in the starting lineup. It's team building that is killling them, Vogel may be defense mastermind, but his rotations are sometimes mind-boggling and offense was never strong suit for his IND.

                            Ibaka may dropped off in defense department (he started guarding a lot more on the perimeter since then, as OKC developed Adams as Rim Protector and ORL have center spot occupied nearly all the time by Vucevic/Biyombo, still has better upside as defender than either of Patterson/Siakam), but he improved as 3pt shooter and should be able to regain his mid-range proficiency in better offense, can play 5, so that opens some interesting closing lineups (Patterson/Ibaka) that provide both 3pt shooting and defense. ORL won't move him now, but who knows on Trade Deadline when they'll be long gone from playoff picture.

                            Comment


                            • Majesiu wrote: View Post
                              I disagree that Ibaka is main reason that ORL struggle. Their offence is criminally bad - worst in the league, TS% below .500 (fun fact: everyone on GSW is above), we had spacing problems, look at them, only Ibaka and Fournier can shoot 3s in the starting lineup. It's team building that is killling them, Vogel may be defense mastermind, but his rotations are sometimes mind-boggling and offense was never strong suit for his IND.

                              Ibaka may dropped off in defense department (he started guarding a lot more on the perimeter since then, as OKC developed Adams as Rim Protector and ORL have center spot occupied nearly all the time by Vucevic/Biyombo, still has better upside as defender than either of Patterson/Siakam), but he improved as 3pt shooter and should be able to regain his mid-range proficiency in better offense, can play 5, so that opens some interesting closing lineups (Patterson/Ibaka) that provide both 3pt shooting and defense. ORL won't move him now, but who knows on Trade Deadline when they'll be long gone from playoff picture.
                              All true, but dude's old. Or at least, he's playing like the wear and tear has caught up to him. Also, that contract, the fact that he appears to be ageing fast, and he's going to want a big final contract makes conversations about Ibaka, at what Orlando will want for him, a non-starter.

                              Gordon is worth talking about. If he is actually an unrefined PF this team has the coaching personnel to polish that game up. His value is at an all time low with the lack of minutes in front of him at the 3 and 4. However, I think the player who is going to demand to be traded is Vucavic. Double double machine, but he's a center...

                              I'm just not seeing any perfect trade partners. Most teams don't have the depth the Raps have so very few players that would be upgrades are not playing heavy minutes. And the guys that I think would be upgrades have ridiculous contracts AND can't get minutes on mediocre teams.

                              Comment


                              • So... ATL has lost 6 of their last 7 games. Hope the Hawks keep this up and realize by the deadline that Millsap is just not that good and should be traded for Terrence Ross, Jakob Poeltl, Jared Sullinger and a couple picks.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X