Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barolt wrote: View Post
    In a FOUR team trade, where he came from the 76ers, who didn't get Dwight Howard. Come on, that's not even remotely comparable.
    Haha so with this logic, if we trade Bruno to Pheonix then we get Boogie from Sacremento, cause #Chr1st1anLogic
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If I'm Kings I'm asking for Lowry.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        If I'm Kings I'm asking for Lowry.
        I considered that too but his age and contract status likely don't make him a deal breaker for them. The Kings should be wary of dealing Boogie for anyone with a chance at free agency in the near future. They know they suck and that players will leave when given the chance; landing pieces locked up and hoping to turn the culture is their best bet.

But they should absolutely be asking. Frankly, I'd be disappointed if Vlade didn't ask for both Lowry and DD to start off lol

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          They'd also rather have Boogie than JV but if they feel they have to move Boogie, I'm sure they'd prioritize every other position on the court ahead of adding another center. Your logic is simply "get rid of JV" which is pretty far from "any means necessary". At this point you might as well build a package around Bruno, Bebe and Wright because it's just as much a fantasy as your proposal. You need to sell the Kings on accepting your package above what the Celtics or Lakers would offer.
          JV/Powell/Wright and 2 first rounders so fine to me. Who did you offer for Boston Smart and BKN pick and fillers?

I dont know about you but, id rather have Powell over Smart. Rather have JV over Olynik or any other froncourt player they send out. Wright is probably better than any PG they have. You get two players(Powell/JV) that can start on a 56 win team. They both happen to be under 25. You get a pretty good PG prospect. As well as two 2 first round picks.

Replace you superstart center with a proven starter and than upgrade your PG/SG position with two young studs. As well 2 first rounders to draft more centers.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Let's review what ACTUALLY happened in that Dwight Howard trade:

The Lakers sent out Andrew Bynum(who was an All-Star the year before), Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga, and a 2017 first round pick for a 1-year rental of Dwight Howard, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark.

The Magic got: Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, a 2013 2nd round pick(Romero Osby), a 2014 1st round pick(Dario Saric), Christian Eyenga, Josh McRoberts, a 2017 1st round pick, Maurice Harkless, Nikola Vucevic, and a future 1st round pick for Dwight Howard(on an expiring contract), Earl Clark and Chris Duhon.

So by my count, for Dwight, the Magic got 4 rotation players, 2 lottery picks(counting the 2017 Lakers pick as a lottery pick), another 1st round pick, and a second round pick.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              JV/Powell/Wright and 2 first rounders so fine to me. Who did you offer for Boston Smart and BKN pick and fillers?

I dont know about you but, id rather have Powell over Smart. Rather have JV over Olynik or any other froncourt player they send out. Wright is probably better than any PG they have. You get two players(Powell/JV) that can start on a 56 win team. They both happen to be under 25. You get a pretty good PG prospect. As well as two 2 first round picks.

Replace you superstart center with a proven starter and than upgrade your PG/SG position with two young studs. As well 2 first rounders to draft more centers.

Those first rounders are bad first round picks. Both the Clippers and Raptors project to be picks in the 20s next year. These aren't lottery picks we're talking about.

Comment

Whatever we can give, Boston can give 2 times more
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

"Included in a trade" is a far cry from "centrepiece in a trade" - unless you think Bruno, Wright and Pascal picks have teams excited to acquire our draft picks.
                  I never said that it would be a two team trade. It could be multi team trade. Also JV has a lot more trade value than Vucevic had than. Vucevix didn't come off averaging 18 and 10 in the playoffs.
                  Barolt wrote: View Post
                  In a FOUR team trade, where he came from the 76ers, who didn't get Dwight Howard. Come on, that's not even remotely comparable.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Marcus Smart - young defender who can part time ball handle
                    Jaylen Brown - #3 pick and defender
                    Amir Johnson - starter PF on unguaranteed contract; forms very mobile defensive front court with WCS
                    Nets picks - which project top 5/10 easily

That package absolutely beats JV, Powell and co because our picks are worthless and the Nets picks could potentially be better than Boogie.

Comment

I never said that it would be a two team trade. It could be multi team trade. Also JV has a lot more trade value than Vucevic had than. Vucevix didn't come off averaging 18 and 10 in the playoffs.

But Vucevic was neither the outgoing or incoming centerpiece of the deal for any team involved!

For Orlando, the incoming centerpiece was the picks. For Philly the incoming centerpiece was Bynum.

Vucevic was an 'extra'. The JV comparison is completely off-base.

Comment

"Included in a trade" is a far cry from "centrepiece in a trade" - unless you think Bruno, Wright and Pascal picks have teams excited to acquire our draft picks.
                        This. Completely different situation with no comparison to this theoretical one and, in that trade, the 76ers gave up Iguodala too-- coming off of an All-Star season. The vibe I'm getting is that he's in favour of any trade that sends JV the other way.

Comment

Marcus Smart - young defender who can part time ball handle
                          Jaylen Brown - #3 pick and defender
                          Amir Johnson - starter PF on unguaranteed contract; forms very mobile defensive front court with WCS
                          Nets picks - which project top 5/10 easily

That package absolutely beats JV, Powell and co because our picks are worthless and the Nets picks could potentially be better than Boogie.
                          Powell > Smart

JV>>>>>> aging Amir

Jaylen Brown unproven but, I like him. Basically Boston has the BKN pick that raps cant compete with but, players raptors have an advantage.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Sinbad wrote: View Post
                            This. Completely different situation with no comparison to this theoretical one and, in that trade, the 76ers gave up Iguodala too-- coming off of an All-Star season. The vibe I'm getting is that he's in favour of any trade that sends JV the other way.
                            Anyone but, DD/KLow. JV is the only one left with pretty good value. I guess he's just not good enough. I'll rest my case.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Powell > Smart

JV>>>>>> aging Amir

Jaylen Brown unproven but, I like him. Basically Boston has the BKN pick that raps cant compete with but, players raptors have an advantage.

Why is Powell guaranteed to be better than Smart? Smart is two years younger. It's entirely possible Smart ends up better, as he's farther from his ceiling.

Also, you're vastly underestimating the value of those Nets picks.

Comment

Anyone but, DD/KLow. JV is the only one left with pretty good value. I guess he's just not good enough. I'll rest my case.

JV is plenty good enough... but not valuable enough SPECIFICALLY TO SACRAMENTO.

It's not 'assemble the most talented group of individuals', it's build the best team. JV doesn't fit their team needs.

Comment

Working...
                                X