Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    ITT: noel is basketball jesus, anyone who disagrees is obviously just looking at stats and doesn't watch games.

good lord.

there's a reason nobody is trading for noel. he's an oft-injured, extremely limited player, who's in line for a big raise, and has a massive ego.
    It seems like the posters in here are fairly split down the middle and people are making arguments either way on both sides. I'm not really seeing the problem here, or the need to paint all the people who want Noel with that brush that you just used.

Comment

• This thread is more argumentative than the politics thread

Comment

• For me it comes down to two things:

Which parts of our bench/core do we have to let go to bring in Noel? If it's Wright/Bebe yeah for sure, but I think that offer stinks. If it's CoJo or Carroll I might be okay. If it's 2Pat, Ross or Powell forget about it.

The second.. is how can we afford both 2Pat and Noel next year when we're probably paying tax just by resigning Lowry? And as an extension to that question, how do we get our starting caliber PF, as that would still be a priority?

Comment

• ^^^ I have no problem with parting from Ross. People here forget how inconsistent he is once he starts to play few decent games. With Powell , losing Ross will not be too bad.

Ross can bring us Noel.

That being said, I don't think MU will do any trade this year.

Comment

• Don't think I saw this mentioned (only skimmed this thread) so just wanted to add that our offence is extremely screen dependent and for all his faults JV does an excellent job there. Don't know if I see Noel with the patience to screen and re-screen consistently and effectively while getting looked off on the roll.

I love the idea of his defence, in 2-3 years you're gonna need someone to counter your AD-Towns-Porzingis-Giannis types that are likely to take over a lot of the top 10 spots in the NBA hierarchy. I just think you're going to have to dump JV for pennies on the dollar because you'll have zero leverage, and that is not a Masai move. No need to jump the gun on this kid, he's good but he's not going to get you past Cleveland.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
              ^^^ I have no problem with parting from Ross. People here forget how inconsistent he is once he starts to play few decent games. With Powell , losing Ross will not be too bad.

Ross can bring us Noel.

I think Ross has matured.. and usually consistency is tied with that. Most young shooting guards aren't consistent until they hit 24-25 years of age. Ross will turn 26 in February. He's now in his full prime. And he's right now our most consistent 3pt threat. I like Noel's defense, but I like Ross' 3pt shot more.

As for MU not doing any trades.. that's probably true.

Comment

• http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/118...-make-bad-deal

Stop the madness.. BC's not trading Noel for Bebe/Delon. And Ross is worth way more to this team than Noel would be.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

The front office is free right now to trade JV for an elite player. They would do so even without a backup plan at C, because you can survive on the young talent we have and can chase a player of Noel's market value after said big trade anyway. Why would they trade for a guy to play backup C and create the same logjam that exists in PHI that is driving his value through the floor right now? All you do if that happens is drive JV's trade value through the floor - you think teams trade a superstar for a JV package if the Raps are essentially being forced into trading him so they can afford matching Noel in the summer?

Just a terrible strategy.
                  I don't buy this premise. Philly has three blue-chip centers (4 centers if you count Holmes), which is why Noel's value is being driven down. If Noel moves into the primary backup and we relegate Bebe to the bench then nothing happens to JV's value.

Ideally we'd execute two deals simultaneously: JV + pieces for star 3/4, and backups + pick(s) for Noel. But we may not have that luxury depending on how the market shakes out.

Buying Noel is buying low and I think if nothing else it's a good asset accumulation strategy as long as we're willing to deal with the uncertainty that brings and are comfortable matching his inevitable max next summer. Our picks are going to be garbage for a while so we need to look at bringing in upside potential if the opportunity presents itself.
                  Last edited by Scraptor; Mon Dec 19, 2016, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• How about acquiring some veterans with playoff experience, yeah?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      How about acquiring some veterans with playoff experience, yeah?
                      There's a veteran Argentinean on a bad team with some playoff experience and some PF experience!

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                        ^^^ I have no problem with parting from Ross. People here forget how inconsistent he is once he starts to play few decent games. With Powell , losing Ross will not be too bad.

Ross can bring us Noel.

Didn't realize 26 games is a "few" games. He is playing very consistently this season. He has finally matured and taken on that sixth man role. He is shooting 49% FG, 43% 3FG and 91% FT. Ross for Noel is a terrible trade.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          How about acquiring some veterans with playoff experience, yeah?
                          Did you forget what happened with Salmons and Scola? Casey will continue to play that veteran while the better player is rotting away on the bench.

Comment

• ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            there's a veteran argentinean on a bad team with some playoff experience and some pf experience!
                            TRiGGERED

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              I don't buy this premise. Philly has three blue-chip centers (4 if you count Holmes), which is why Noel's value is being driven down. If Noel moves into the primary backup and we relegate Bebe to the bench then nothing happens to JV's value.

Ideally we'd execute two deals simultaneously: JV + pieces for star 3/4, and backups + pick(s) for Noel. But we may not have that luxury depending on how the market shakes out.

Buying Noel is buying low and I think if nothing else it's a good asset accumulation strategy as long as we're willing to deal with the uncertainty that brings and are comfortable matching his inevitable max next summer. Our picks are going to be garbage for a while so we need to look at bringing in upside potential if the opportunity presents itself.
                              Philly is in a corner because teams know they won't pay Noel because of their existing C situation. The Raptors would be in the same situation, the details would be different but the result is the same. There's no way the Raps would want to be paying both Noel and JV. And everyone knows it.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Did you forget what happened with Salmons and Scola? Casey will continue to play that veteran while the better player is rotting away on the bench.
                                Yeah I said the same thing a while ago. Honestly, this team doesn't even need to make a trade unless it's for Millsap. Quite a few people are really antsy for a trade though so I'm just suggesting the type of player that would benefit the team more. Don't see much point in going after redundant young guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X