Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    I know I'm teasing lol...low character guys like him and Whiteside aren't welcome here though.
    Toughest guy on your team can't be 6 foot tall.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

How tall does he have to be? Genuinely curious.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        I dunno. If clips bomb and we get 18-20th, we have a lot of add ons to get up to 15th. Phx jumped 13-8th with a mid 20s pick last yr. Different draft but its hard to crack top 10. Granted it was the kings and papa John's.
        I'm also considering trading out and packaging assets. I think there will be more offers at the draft. There's not anything intriguing me atm.
        If we're entertaining the idea that the Clips bomb, we should entertain the idea that they bomb enough to miss the playoffs, in which case it gets pushed to a later year in a different, probably less deep draft.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I disagree look at chris paul on the clippers.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/st...24840851054593

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Clips wont bomb. As soon as Paul is back they will be back to thier winning ways. Ibaka is just perfect fit to me. Ibaka is shooting better from 3 than 2pat on the same attempts. Give you more rebounds, blocks in about the same minutes. Also Ibaka is able to put the ball on the floor when you close out on him. Which 2pat is terrible at.

Depends on when Paul is back and how big the deficit is.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                If we're entertaining the idea that the Clips bomb, we should entertain the idea that they bomb enough to miss the playoffs, in which case it gets pushed to a later year in a different, probably less deep draft.
                I think there are decent teams around them but not so much below them. They had a good start and they'll have a good finish when Paul is back. 18-20 is hopeful. I don't see them in the lottery at all. The way they started they could have been 28 so 18 would be huge. Changes my view on deadline and the draft. Likely they're in the 22-25 range which isn't so great.

Comment

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/st...24840851054593

I like hearing that...I'll leave it as long as we don't have to part with our picks or Powell, have at it.

Comment

• Not that I like the idea but just for the sake of keeping things to talk about I seen this in another forum..

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2...o_raptors.html

From the Big Apple to Canada?

As NBA experts and insiders try to find a landing spot for the Knicks to deal Carmelo Anthony, the usual suspects (Cavaliers, Clippers, Celtics) have been atop every list over the last few weeks.
                    Why Knicks should trade Carmelo Anthony

The Undefeated's Marc Spears decided to go further, adding an Eastern Conference contender to the mix: Toronto Raptors.

Here's why Spears thinks there's a legit selling point for the Raptors to convince Anthony to waive his no-trade clause and take his game north:

Anthony said during the 2016 NBA All-Star Weekend in Toronto that he is a fan of the Canadian city. With the Toronto Raptors, he would join forces with a star-studded backcourt of DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry. All three were teammates on USA Basketball's 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics gold medal-winning team. Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri actually traded Anthony to the Knicks while serving as the Nuggets' general manager. Toronto has had its eye on landing a power forward like Orlando's Serge Ibaka before the trade deadline, a source said. But if the Raptors can't land Ibaka, perhaps Anthony is the next best move. O Canada, get Melo.

Anthony as a small-ball power forward in Toronto would be fascinating. If--and it's a big if--the Raptors could do a deal and keep scorers like Lowry and DeRozan happy, the team could put up enough points to scare every Eastern Conference contender. That includes the Cavs.
                    Personally I wouldn't want Melo here even at the 4. His defence is atrocious while it may be slightly improved if you slide him over at the 4 but like your boy Shannon Sharpe said "Melo is a glue guy, you pass him the ball and it just sticks in his hands" which we don't really need more of...

Comment

• Melo's not coming to Toronto. I can't see a team with both DD and Melo on it. That's a disaster waiting to happen. Melo is on a cheaper contract but is 5 years older.

Although if we're working within Lowry's prime years, and Melo really doesn't mind coming to Toronto... We move Powell to SG, trade DD for a defensive caliber PF (maybe Atlanta wouldn't mind moving Millsap for a guy like DD)?

Something like this:
                      http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=htahgka

With a pick going to NY via Atlanta. Raptors could toss in a 2018 pick too.

We lose Ross, Sully, DD. But gain Melo and Millsap.

Melo and DD are equally poor defenders, but equally great offensive producers. Melo is an egomaniac and DD isn't. But does that really matter? Our team gets much older though.. and this could blow up in our faces in 2-3 years as Lowry, Millsap and Melo all get older. But it could be a championship caliber team for at least a couple of seasons. We'd still have all our future picks (other than that 2018 pick which we could protect at the top of the lottery). So we don't end up like Brooklyn.

Starters are JV, Millsap, Melo, Powell and Lowry. Bench hasn't changed much other than losing Ross.

We can dump Carroll on to a team for some cap relief to help with luxury tax.

Ultimately though this is not happening. Masai won't trade DD.. and if he's on the team we can't bring in another defensive liability.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Melo's not coming to Toronto. I can't see a team with both DD and Melo on it. That's a disaster waiting to happen. Melo is on a cheaper contract but is 5 years older.

Although if we're working within Lowry's prime years, and Melo really doesn't mind coming to Toronto... We move Powell to SG, trade DD for a defensive caliber PF (maybe Atlanta wouldn't mind moving Millsap for a guy like DD)?

Something like this:
                        http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=htahgka

With a pick going to NY via Atlanta. Raptors could toss in a 2018 pick too.

We lose Ross, Sully, DD. But gain Melo and Millsap.

Melo and DD are equally poor defenders, but equally great offensive producers. Melo is an egomaniac and DD isn't. But does that really matter? Our team gets much older though.. and this could blow up in our faces in 2-3 years as Lowry, Millsap and Melo all get older. But it could be a championship caliber team for at least a couple of seasons. We'd still have all our future picks (other than that 2018 pick which we could protect at the top of the lottery). So we don't end up like Brooklyn.

Starters are JV, Millsap, Melo, Powell and Lowry. Bench hasn't changed much other than losing Ross.

We can dump Carroll on to a team for some cap relief to help with luxury tax.

Ultimately though this is not happening. Masai won't trade DD.. and if he's on the team we can't bring in another defensive liability.
                        DD >>>>>>> MELO

terrible trade
                        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                          DD >>>>>>> MELO

terrible trade
                          That's a lot of arrows.. is he really that much better?

I'll grant that DD is better, younger, and less of a drama queen. But I like my fantasy starting unit better than what we have now.

Comment

• Carroll, Cojo, Sully, Clips pick
                            for
                            Melo, O'Quinn

Lowry-Wright-Van
                            DeRozan-Powell
                            Carmelo-Ross
                            Patterson-Bebe
                            Jonas-O'Quinn

Melo takes half of Cojo & Carroll shots...
                            A couple shots from Lowry and demar
                            that equals to about 15-16shots a game

Other half of Cojo and Carroll's shots plus a couple from Ross and patterson go to Wright/Powell

Line up
                            This team can beat any team in the east not named Cleveland
                            But... it can take cavs to game 6-7 and possibly upset

Melo plays WAY better with good players around him
                            ex. Team USA
                            Abbas wrote:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              That's a lot of arrows.. is he really that much better?

I'll grant that DD is better, younger, and less of a drama queen. But I like my fantasy starting unit better than what we have now.
                              Yep, way better
                              Melo is not in his prime anymore, shots poorly and defense like Andrea/Jose
                              Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                                Yep, way better
                                Melo is not in his prime anymore, shots poorly and defense like Andrea/Jose
                                Melo is a below average defender.. but comparing him to Andrea and Jose? Really? He's not a good defender at all.. but probably closer to DD than Jose. Melo is just a better playoff performer though. More confidence.. doesn't get rattled.

I'd rather have Melo than DD if the playoffs were on the line. Either way my trade just wasn't DD for Melo. There was more to it.

Abbas wrote: View Post
                                Carroll, Cojo, Sully, Clips pick
                                for
                                Melo, O'Quinn

Lowry-Wright-Van
                                DeRozan-Powell
                                Carmelo-Ross
                                Patterson-Bebe
                                Jonas-O'Quinn

Melo takes half of Cojo & Carroll shots...
                                A couple shots from Lowry and demar
                                that equals to about 15-16shots a game

Other half of Cojo and Carroll's shots plus a couple from Ross and patterson go to Wright/Powell

Line up
                                This team can beat any team in the east not named Cleveland
                                But... it can take cavs to game 6-7 and possibly upset

Melo plays WAY better with good players around him
                                ex. Team USA

And wait.. you want Melo and DD to play together? Weren't you around when Rudy Gay was on the team? Also, I thought Melo's defense was as bad as Bargnani and Calderon's? So you still want Melo? You just also want to keep DD? Hmm.. not sure I think that's a good idea at all. Rather avoid him altogether then.

Comment

Working...
                                X