X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we can convince them to take both Joseph and Carroll
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• To get Ibaka we will have to give up some package consisting of Ross/Jak/Picks. The Magic are not going to take our bench players for him. There is most likely going to be a bidding war between the Raps, rockets, Blazers, Celtics with the magic waiting till the deadline to see who offers the most.

Comment

• So Denver had to attach a 1st in a deep draft just to move nurkic? All they got was an expiring plus a 2nd.

Comment

• how the hell did denver manage to trade the better player in the deal and give up a 1st?

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
            To get Ibaka we will have to give up some package consisting of Ross/Jak/Picks. The Magic are not going to take our bench players for him. There is most likely going to be a bidding war between the Raps, rockets, Blazers, Celtics with the magic waiting till the deadline to see who offers the most.
            As per ESPN you can add Miami to the list.
            Sources say that Toronto and Miami are among the Eastern Conference teams that have expressed interest in Ibaka this month.
            http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/...ine-approaches

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              how the hell did denver manage to trade the better player in the deal and give up a 1st?
              Nurkic apparently has a terrible attitude, especially since getting benched. They just needed to get him out of Denver ASAP.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                Take it for whatever the heck it's worth but according to the Toronto Star we're not trading for either Millsap or Ibaka....

https://www.thestar.com/content/thes...nt-arthur.html
                Honestly, I'm not sure Milsap was ever really on the table unless ATL got an offer that absolutely blew it away. The Ibaka positioning is problematic because of how much ORL gave up over the summer. Anything less in return would be tough for them to swallow and, frankly, he isn't worth what they gave up for him. With respect to tweaks, hard to see where you 'tweak' this team and move the needle much. The weaknesses are not so much that they are missing some discreet skill or asset or piece, rather than some of the pieces are okay but not good or great. You can't really tweak that....

Comment

• Wow the Blazers just destroyed DEN on that trade!!

Fml I wish we could have the been the Blazers right now, that's highway robbery.

Comment

• Portland now has three first round picks in this year's draft - currently #11, #21, and #27.

Comment

• Plumlee is a better player than Nurkic.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Plumlee is a better player than Nurkic.
                        Ya he is but he is turning 27 soon and is due for a big raise this offseason. Nurkic is only 22 and has potential to be a good defensive big which is what portland really needs.

Comment

• I actually really like plumlee in Portland. He was a good player. Excellent passing big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Honestly, I'm not sure Milsap was ever really on the table unless ATL got an offer that absolutely blew it away. The Ibaka positioning is problematic because of how much ORL gave up over the summer. Anything less in return would be tough for them to swallow and, frankly, he isn't worth what they gave up for him. With respect to tweaks, hard to see where you 'tweak' this team and move the needle much. The weaknesses are not so much that they are missing some discreet skill or asset or piece, rather than some of the pieces are okay but not good or great. You can't really tweak that....
                            Disagree, I think adding Ibaka's skill set does make this team better. Improves the starting lineup and obviously the D. Raps are missing consistent toughness, defensive presence in the paint and experience. If raps can just get the D where it was last year with this offence. It will do wonders. I think Ibaka can help get the D back to 11-12th. Instead of where it is now around 20.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...52194236776449

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Disagree, I think adding Ibaka's skill set does make this team better. Improves the starting lineup and obviously the D. Raps are missing consistent toughness, defensive presence in the paint and experience. If raps can just get the D where it was last year with this offence. It will do wonders. I think Ibaka can help get the D back to 11-12th. Instead of where it is now around 20.

This. Also offensively it stretches the floor and gives our guards more lanes to drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X