Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Nothing clear about it. Obviously people are going to hear what they want to hear. Masai is smart enough and knows how midseason coaching changes go usually.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    If his complaint is lack of adjustments that's on coaching not personnel. Again, watch the whole video. He might want a trade too, but he's throwing shade at Casey no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can take it that way if you want. Anyone who actually follows the NBA knows a midseason coaching change doesn't lead to success. Deebo mention last week that help will be nice. Wouldn't be surprised if his boy felt the same way.

Where's this idea that midseason coaching changes don't work? It obviously doesn't happen often for teams above .500, but both paul westhead and pat riley made their debuts and brought the Lakers championships as mid season hires. Riley reprated the feat for miami in 2006, and them of course tryonn lue last year. Let us also not forget that gregg popovich was a mid season debut as well.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Where's this idea that midseason coaching changes don't work? It obviously doesn't happen often for teams above .500, but both paul westhead and pat riley made their debuts and brought the Lakers championships as mid season hires. Riley reprated the feat for miami in 2006, and them of course tryonn lue last year. Let us also not forget that gregg popovich was a mid season debut as well.
        Is our team anywhere close as talented as those teams you just mention? Magic, Shaq and Lebron arent walking through that door. Are you trying to say that one of our assistance on the bench is going to be a hall fame coach?

Plus the original coach Jack McKinney wasn't fired he was injured in a bicycle accident that almost took his life. That's why Westpaul took over.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Is our team anywhere close as talented as those teams you just mention? Magic, Shaq and Lebron arent walking through that door. Are you trying to say that one of our assistance on the bench is going to be a hall fame coach?

Plus the original coach Jack McKinney wasn't fired he was injured in a bicycle accident that almost took his life. That's why Westpaul took over.

No, I'm not trying to say anything. I'm telling you that Mid season coaching changes have at various times have been various degrees of succesful for various reasons.

Comment

No, I'm not trying to say anything. I'm telling you that Mid season coaching changes have at various times have been various degrees of succesful for various reasons.
            Ok, can you give me some examples where it doesn't involve a top 50 player all-time?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• TBH, we have a top 10 talent (Lowry), a top 20 talent (DeRozan) & a fringe All-Star (Valanciunas) if given touches on this roster, with depth, size & in the right hands can play like a threat to other stud teams. We took Cleveland to 6 games last year, no?

Lowry said it himself: "Something needs to change". I think Casey has lost this locker room & needs to go. It'll be rough, but you never know what a small tweak can do to a team. A change in personnel, a trade to bring in a vet, etc.

For example, that 2011 Mavericks team..... you want to know what they did? They picked up Peja Stokakovic off waivers.... from US, no less. Peja was huge in those playoffs for the Mavs down the stretch. That team wasn't picked to win by many NBA fans, but they did it. And Peja was just one factor on that squad.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Ok, can you give me some examples where it doesn't involve a top 50 player all-time?

Just because whether there have been successful mid-season coaching changes or not, it doesn't mean it can't happen. The way this team is currently constructed in Casey's "system", this team isn't making it to the Eastern Conference Finals. Honestly, I don't see how this team could do any worse giving the head coaching spot to Stackhouse or Kalamian or even hiring someone else. This team has been near the bottom of the league recently on defense and assists.

Comment

How about frank Vogel In Indiana? Not sure why the top 50 of all time thing is brought up..theres a ton of examples of coaching changes both working and not workng

Comment

How about frank Vogel In Indiana? Not sure why the top 50 of all time thing is brought up..theres a ton of examples of coaching changes both working and not workng
                    It came up cause all your examples had hall famers on the team. You guys really dont understand that there 27 games left. You want a rookie coach to take over with no practise time. How is that even remotely logical? On a playoffs team no less. Id understand if we were in the lottery.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Feb 13, 2017, 03:02 AM.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      We often make the mistake at only considering the best possible outcome.

This happened last year when people were outraged at the suggestion that we trade the Knicks pick. But there is always a downside to be considered.

Say Paul comes back sooner than expected. The Clips just won two on the road, they can tread water the rest of the way. They might even make a move to improve.

If the pick lands in the mid-20s and we let another year pass by, what is our endgame? It will take another two-three years at minimum for us to turn that pick into production, maybe longer given our recent history of draft picks. And our window is now.

The fear of missing out on a potential star has to be given an appropriate probabilistic rating. As mjt20mik showed, the odds of us landing an all-star in the 20s is 4%. Double it because it's a good draft, hell triple it, and you're at 12%. Do we want to take a 1 in 8 chance that our pick will be an all-star 3-5 years from now? There's an 88% chance that doesn't even happen.

Or do we want to align the production of that asset with our current contention aspirations?

Asset accumulation is fine as long as we're not delaying the value into some nebulous future. That's the danger of the draft fantasy. You draft your Brazilian KD and then start to forget the fact that years have passed with no production, because there is always somethong bright and shiny and new to look forward to.

Which is not to say the draft isn't an amazing tool and source of value (maybe the best), but we have to be realistic about what it means to be this far away from the top 10.
                      I mentioned earlier that I was talking about moving up in the draft or moving out. I was in on Millsap but im not on ibaka. I think we will have better options at the draft.

Outside of Lowry walking, worst case imo is paying ibaka $25m and he's demarre 2.0 next yr.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        I think JV will be traded. Raps consistently tried to show off his mid-range J over the last few weeks.
                        I don't think so. Either we keep Kyle this summer and try to win, or we lose him and step back and have to retool. But JV is a good piece to keep in either circumstance, he's a contributor now and has room to grow.

Could be wrong, of course.

Comment

• JV is the building piece if we were to start all over. You always keep a bigman over a guard unless you are getting a younger big man back.

Who would the Raptors even want that's young and has talent at the Center position?
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Not a lot of slow, traditional type of centres are getting built around these days (successfully). If we are rebuilding I hope it's not around JV.

Comment

• Raps and Heat have expressed interest in Ibaka

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Raps and Heat have expressed interest in Ibaka
                                Ya, nothing really new here, but according to CBS/ESPN:

Sources say that Toronto and Miami are among the Eastern Conference teams that have expressed interest in Ibaka this month. More than one rival club has expressed the belief that Orlando will use the next 10 days before the deadline to keep fielding offers and then, ultimately, choose the best available package for Ibaka on Feb. 23 and make the move.
                                http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nb...n-serge-ibaka/

Comment

Working...
                                X