Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapko wrote: View Post
    Hopefully continuity & familiarity - see SA success (marginal to moderate changes year yo year, steady results).
    That's fine once you've established a championship-contending core. If you have a top-10 all-time player/GOAT PF (and an all-star PG and one of the best SGs around) only marginal changes are needed year to year.

All we're missing is a Tim Duncan and then I'll be fine with tweaks for the next 20 years.

Even now that he's retired, they've transitioned to a legit MVP candidate and 2x DPOY player as part of their foundation. But they did go out and seek LaMarcus Aldridge, which is a major change. And they're probably not done establishing their new core.

Continuity and familiarity are only going to bring incremental gains. They're not going to raise the ceiling the amount we need to contend. Even the classic example of chemistry-based/non-superstar champs, the 2004 Pistons, had to added Rasheed Wallace to get over the hump.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      What??? lol

This team is "really, really good as is" but can't handle missing Patrick frickin Patterson from the line up?!

Come on, let's be serious here. If you're a team that can't handle being down a player the level of Pat then I'm sorry you're not even remotely close to being a "really, really good team". The guy was a bench player in Sacramento of all places and was never good enough to solidify the starting spot here. That has to be the biggest scapegoat of the year.

Not sure how you can even disagree with Rashidi to hold Masai accountable for not getting a starting quality PF in FOUR years. That's insane and goes to show how brainwashed this fanbase is that we can't even be remotely critical of our GM. He's not some atrocious GM like Babcock but he shouldn't get a pass for every shortcoming he makes. 4 years is a lifetime to figure out how to fill a position in your starting line up.
      It's hard to be critical when he's trying to address the PF spot. Went after Aldridge, Millsap, Gasol.....maybe Ibaka. Can only do so much if the other side isn't willing to bite.

Comment

• Exactly, we went after Aldridge and he actually listened to us and considered us bc Masai has respect and the culture and perception of the team has changed. You can't compare the raps to the spurs. 20yrs ago we played in the SkyDome when the spurs were building the Duncan dynasty. C'mon. Spurs are our model.
        We did make changes to the roster. Masai got the 905. You see bebe has developed. Delon got hurt but if Casey actually plays him, I think we will see that he's developed and was a solid pick. We signed fvv and he's solid. It's not Masai's fault that Sully and DC got hurt, thats part of the business. Sully chose us at a discount price. That's a culture change. DC chose us 1st. He would have got that money from someone else.
        Masai isn't just looking to win a deal, he's trying to make the big deal. Yes, he could have traded 9th pick for markieff but that's not beating the cavs. The move was Millsap, he kept his assets to make that pitch and ATL said no. He's gonna wait for another chance, maybe ibaka, maybe the draft. We all know he's made pitches but the prices are dumb.
        In the meantime, Casey should develop some of our younger assets so we have more chips to deal. Casey has always sucked at development, which is a big deal.

Comment

• http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...or-Serge-Ibaka

Comment

• Woot woot!
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

• We got Ibaka?!

Comment

• Holy fuck!
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ross and are worst first.

So happy this also frees up mins for powell.

Comment

• Ibaka

Comment

• Amazing!

Comment

• Never doubt MU. Never

Comment

• Comment

• The Magic sorta essentially traded Ilyasova, Oladipo and the 12th pick for Ross and the (probably) like 22nd pick lol.

Comment

• I read that wrong...better deal,now they have 2 sign him..

Thanks planetmars for linking...
                              Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Tue Feb 14, 2017, 12:29 PM.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Orlando has agreed to trade Serge Ibaka to Toronto for Terrence Ross and a 2017 first-round pick, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X