No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• see if we could some how get melo now from the knicks lol...

Melo for Demarre Carrol, Cojo + a pick.. .I would be so happy. That is a GSW esque team

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
      I'm fine (thrilled really) to have Norm chew up all the minutes that Ross used to get... the problem is that you now need someone to take the role that Powell formerly held. Not a backup 3 necessarily but the fourth guy in the DD/DC/Powell rotation that holds down the 2 & 3 spots who plays little on some nights, not at all on a few others, but is there for security in case of foul trouble or injury.
      Delon Wright?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        see if we could some how get melo now from the knicks lol...

Melo for Demarre Carrol, Cojo + a pick.. .I would be so happy. That is a GSW esque team
        that would basically ruin everything.

Comment

Unlike KD, Melo doesn't play any defence and doesn't pass the ball.

However the cost if Carroll + Corey (whom I desperately want off the team) I'd consider it but I wouldn't include any pick as crazy as that may sound only because Melo is such a big name but I really don't think he'd be a great fit because he's a complete ball stopper. I won't lie though if we made it Sully or Poeltl, I'd probably do it. We'd be fake contenders but the media attention and buzz around the team would be really huge for the city.

Lowry/Delon/FVV
          DeRozan/Powell/Delon
          Melo/DD/Powell
          Ibaka/Patterson/Siakam
          JV/Bebe/Patterson

The starting line up would at least sound exciting on paper lol

Comment

Melo would be a horrible fit with this team. Just horrible. The last thing we need is a guy who needs 30 shots a game and doesn't play defense.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Melo would be a horrible fit with this team. Just horrible. The last thing we need is a guy who needs 30 shots a game and doesn't play defense.
              Exactly. Piling up every player with a famous name does not make you a super team. That's how you become the Knicks.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                that would basically ruin everything.
                THIS.

Carmelo is not what he used to be. He needs the ball in his hands to have any value. Is he even a SF anymore? And this trade would remove a legit SF for a pseudo PF who doesn't fit the team and plays questionable defense...

Melo's that dude, but he's not what he used to be.

That's too much for a player that doesn't fit.

Comment

• Why not give Axel Toupane a shot, especially if he's taking Powells former role? He's easily been 905's best player.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                    Why not give Axel Toupane a shot, especially if he's taking Powells former role? He's easily been 905's best player.
                    I think this is a legit option -- trade VV for a future second rounder and bring him up.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Wonder if PHX would be interested in Joseph + BeBe for Tucker? They have the cap room to do that deal, they get BeBe (a seeming good fit to roll into Chandler's position as shotblocker and roller) cheap for a year and controllable after that, and a couple years of a moderately cheap, young PG in Joseph, for an expiring contract.

Raps get wing depth for this playoff run, and more wiggle room in the summer when they have to re-sign Ibaka and Lowry (and maybe more).
                      I really like Tucker as a tough, veteran 3&D SF off the bench (basically Carrol's backup & injury insurance), but think that's a bit of an overpay. Obviously PHX has to agree, but I'd prefer Sully/Siakam for Tucker. I think Siakam is still a decent return for an expiring role player who doesn't fit a rebuilding team's timeline.

Others mention Courtney Lee, who I also like, but I think he lacks the size/toughness to a guard larger SF, and he's locked up for 4 years at ~$11mil. No way Masai takes on that contract.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I really hope we can resign Ibaka and Patterson (and Lowry, of course) this summer. I'm fine with jettisoning CoJo to lower the tax hit, but I'm not 100% comfortable with dumping him mid-season and going into the playoffs with Delon/FVV as our backup PGs.
                      Last edited by Chefff; Tue Feb 14, 2017, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Why not give Axel Toupane a shot, especially if he's taking Powells former role? He's easily been 905's best player.
                        That's a good plan b. I'd like someone around 225lbs + tho

Comment

• Fans are already moved on from real life massive trade before we've even played a game, now discussing minor bargain bin small forward hypotheticals

Never change Internet! Lol

Comment

I not only think it's an option but the likely route we go.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              That's a good plan b. I'd like someone around 225lbs + tho
                              It keeps coming back to James Johnson, doesn't it?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                It keeps coming back to James Johnson, doesn't it?
                                Miami loves james johnson. They're winning tons in 2017. They're not selling, they were in fact bidding on ibaka

Comment

Working...
                                X