No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unless the Blazers are trading Lillard or CJ they don't need a PG. And if they don't, I highly doubt they make a trade that would increase their payroll.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
      Unless the Blazers are trading Lillard or CJ they don't need a PG. And if they don't, I highly doubt they make a trade that would increase their payroll.
      Correct

Comment

• Aminu is too important to the blazers he is the only player that actually plays defense for them. Doubt they trade him without receiving back another wing defender.

Comment

• 4. RAPTORS-NBA TRADE DEADLINE: The terrific acquisition of is a positive first step to improve this team. When you look at their unbalanced roster of four point guards, four power forwards and three centers, there is clearly a major need to improve on the wing adding someone who can give you toughness, grit, experience, defence, size and shooting to compliment what you have currently. They have good young assets along with another No. 1 pick that they can play with to enhance what the impact of the Ibaka trade truly can mean. I think, if at all possible, it's very important that they address this glaring need if a deal makes sense. -Jack Armstrong, TSN

Comment

• At this point I'd trade Sullinger for a second rounder and Cojo is worth essentially any quality wing shooter you can find.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Noticing a lot of Drummond talk here. I like that he can finish above the rim and can be used a lot like we use Bebe on offense and defensively he's isn't going to fold whenever someone puts a body on him. Still I would hesitate to invest a lot in a guy that isn't going to be on the floor during crunch time of playoff games.
              We really don't need floor spacing from the C position.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• To me the odd person out is Van Vleet. It would be easiest to move him for a future 2nd rounder, and then pick up a free agent vet who isn't playing, or bring up a player with some NBA experience in the D League like Toupane.

PJ Tucker being a free agent this off-season is discouraging. That would make him a rental. I would want someone with a controllable contract, or someone willing to play next season at the league min. Especially with KL, SI, PP going into free agency, the Raps should be looking at controllable assets.

Who they should move? Van Vleet is on top of my list, then Sullinger's expiring, then Bruno, and tentatively Corey Jo. I'd probably want a young, exciting SF for a guy like CoJo. Would prefer to keep him, but to get talent, you have to give talent.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  To me the odd person out is Van Vleet. It would be easiest to move him for a future 2nd rounder, and then pick up a free agent vet who isn't playing, or bring up a player with some NBA experience in the D League like Toupane.

PJ Tucker being a free agent this off-season is discouraging. That would make him a rental. I would want someone with a controllable contract, or someone willing to play next season at the league min. Especially with KL, SI, PP going into free agency, the Raps should be looking at controllable assets.

Who they should move? Van Vleet is on top of my list, then Sullinger's expiring, then Bruno, and tentatively Corey Jo. I'd probably want a young, exciting SF for a guy like CoJo. Would prefer to keep him, but to get talent, you have to give talent.
                  Does Van Vleet have any trade value whatsoever? He's one step up from the mop girl.
                  Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Feb 16, 2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Would Tyreke Evans have a role on this team? His contract is up at the end of the season and the Pelicans have talked about moving him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Does Van Vleet has any trade value whatsoever? He's one step up from the mop girl.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Does Van Vleet has any trade value whatsoever? He's one step up from the mop girl.
                        Yeah, Van Vleet's greatest value is to this team as a very cheap third string PG, facilitating a move of one of the other backup PGs (I'd argue Cory, just with the money crunch).
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                            To me the odd person out is Van Vleet. It would be easiest to move him for a future 2nd rounder, and then pick up a free agent vet who isn't playing, or bring up a player with some NBA experience in the D League like Toupane.

Fvv and Bruno don't have value on their own or even much value attached. It would just be to match roster spots in a 4+ player trade imo.

Comment

• I think fvv is a good player, he just hasn't got mins to demonstrate value. Anyone could have signed him after the draft so that's his value, for now.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                We really don't need floor spacing from the C position.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                While they don't necessarily need floor spacing from the C position, they need to have someone who can defend the 1-5 pick and roll. Jonas doesn't have the foot speed to do so, and BeBe hasn't shown that he's able to consistently be able to effectively defend switching on the PnR. The Raptors will (hopefully) end up having to play Cleveland (Irving/Thompson), Boston (Thomas/Interchangeable), or Washington (Wall/Gortat) that can run the 1-5 PnR with a PG that can pull up and make the jumper, and/or fast enough to necessitate a switch on the PnR.

Ibaka will likely help with the 1-5 PnR defense, especially paired with Patterson, but you can't just glue Jonas and Bebe to the bench for the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X