Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I can't remember the last time I read Doug using the phrase "league sources", so maybe this has an ounce of value, but it probably means you can say goodbye to a couple of our young assets:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...line-buzz.html
    The fact that Poeltl, Nogueira and to a lesser extent Siakam are all of the market (that is according to Doug and his sauces) leads me to wonder if JV is on the block this summer to try and alleviate the tax bill.

If they were 100% confident going into the future with JV at the 5, you'd think one of Poeltl or Bebe would be shopped around right now
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/sta...70433111588864
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I love Bill Simmons' characterization of Vasquez as an "irrational confidence guy", lol.

We all have that one buddy who sucks at sports, but has an inexplicable Jordan-esque swagger.
        Replace "sports" with a general "something" and you've got something that I can co-sign even harder.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• To Raps: Andrew Bogut
          To Mavs: CoJo

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            To Raps: Andrew Bogut
            To end of bench: JV

Front court is set. basically if we can get an improvement on Demarre Carroll in some miracle at the 3, or a good 10th man that is 6'8 or over sure. But the team is set as is.

I'd say Cojo is a marked man in the summer, we 100% should save the 7 million on his deal and promote Delon Wright. But it looks like Wright is ready to step in now and be the 10th man Powell was prior to the Ross deal.

I don't see any real reason to make a trade unless something salivating lands on the door step. We have to see this whole Ibaka thing go.

Comment

• Connecting the dots from Doug's piece, a deal could be:

CoJo + Sully + pick for Gallinari

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h3rgmp9

Not sure if Gallo's groin injury would torpedo a deal.

Comment

• If MU can land Gallo or Wilson Chandler to come off the bench ooooooooh boy

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Connecting the dots from Doug's piece, a deal could be:

CoJo + Sully + pick for Gallinari

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h3rgmp9

Not sure if Gallo's groin injury would torpedo a deal.
                  Amazing if that actually happened.

Comment

• I know its a pick in the 20's.. but I'd prefer that over Gallo. Need to keep the machine pumping with new kids/talent.

Especially since tax will be a huge concern going forward. Cheap value contracts will be a necessity. Can't give those up for another rental... and we can't afford to give big contracts to Lowry, Ibaka, 2Pat and Gallo.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      The fact that Poeltl, Nogueira and to a lesser extent Siakam are all of the market (that is according to Doug and his sauces) leads me to wonder if JV is on the block this summer to try and alleviate the tax bill.

If they were 100% confident going into the future with JV at the 5, you'd think one of Poeltl or Bebe would be shopped around right now
                      Yeah I agree that its odd that they would be very insistent on keeping both Poeltl and Bebe, especially since they apparently are willing to part with their 1st rounder this year. To me a cojo+bebe package makes the most sense.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        To Raps: Andrew Bogut
                        I'd add Bebe, and see if Dallas would give back their 2nd rounder (36-38th pick). Helps us free some additional cap space and not have us worry about Bebe's extension coming up in 2018.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          If MU can land Gallo or Wilson Chandler to come off the bench ooooooooh boy
                          If Gallo's acquired, he could conceivably start over Caroll.

But in terms of roster balance, probably makes sense to have his scoring prowess coming off the bench.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            If Gallo's acquired, he could conceivably start over Caroll.

But in terms of roster balance, probably makes sense to have his scoring prowess coming off the bench.
                            Yeah carroll won't lose his starting job all year. Even if he plays bad he'll get the token 6 minutes per half. If scola kept it all last year you can be damn sure casey will ride this out

Comment

• But Gallo would be a rental, right? If we are dumping Cory to save money, gallo will cost triple cojos deal to resign. Seems a waste.
                              In terms of draft, we will supposedly have more roster spots in new CBA, correct?
                              If we are dumping cojos $ then I'd expect a cheaper contract or a pick. Like cory for jameer + pick swap (likely 2nd rd).

Comment

• I could see JV, Cojo and a 1st round pick going Pacers' way for you know who...

Comment

Working...
                                X