Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see Carroll being dealt.

However, I could see Joseph being moved right now for a SF to backup Carroll. I'd love to see either Aminu or Thabo here, but Masai could be looking at other teams as well. Say for example, Matt Barnes in Sac-town?
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      i think they will listen but aminu doesnt save them that much to only take back a 50ish pick. stranger things have happened tho. id imagine theyd want a 1st so they could potentially package some of those picks with crabbe and ship him to the nets. who knows? they've had an unorthodox build last summer.
      aminu/tucker type is certainly the kind of player id like to add atm.
      Just to clarify, when I started my suggestion I said two second round picks - 2017 and 2018.

Looking at his contract in a vacuum, shedding Aminu salary saves them $18.8m in 2017-2018 plus another $7m the following year not factoring in luxury tax which could be another $11.5m considering they have $119m currently on the books and could be $133M with options.

So 2 second round picks and saving upwards of $38M might be a decent move if they can't get a first for him.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        I don't see Carroll being dealt.

However, I could see Joseph being moved right now for a SF to backup Carroll. I'd love to see either Aminu or Thabo here, but Masai could be looking at other teams as well. Say for example, Matt Barnes in Sac-town?
        If they're going to make another trade it'd be for a shooter like a Galinari.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          Portland is not going to give Aminu away unless it's for a clearly better player. He's their 3rd best player and one of the 2 most impactful.
          Eh thats kinda over rating him, hasn't had as great a season as last year. Still his defense is reaply good and I doubt Portland wants to give up on him unless its for something good. At this point, unless Masai believes with the cavs injuries and Lebron playing so many minutes the east is open i dont expect a trade.

At this point im hoping they can get some value for cojo in the draft, maybe if he explodes in the playoffs you could move him and the raps 1st to get into the late lotto?

Comment

• Odin wrote: View Post
            Just to clarify, when I started my suggestion I said two second round picks - 2017 and 2018.

Looking at his contract in a vacuum, shedding Aminu salary saves them $18.8m in 2017-2018 plus another $7m the following year not factoring in luxury tax which could be another $11.5m considering they have $119m currently on the books and could be $133M with options.

So 2 second round picks and saving upwards of $38M might be a decent move if they can't get a first for him.
            OK, I didn't see the earlier posts. IF they can't get a 1st is the key qualifier.
            I'm not disagreeing with you, just a little skeptical that this deal is their first, best and only option.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              Eh thats kinda over rating him, hasn't had as great a season as last year. Still his defense is reaply good and I doubt Portland wants to give up on him unless its for something good. At this point, unless Masai believes with the cavs injuries and Lebron playing so many minutes the east is open i dont expect a trade.

At this point im hoping they can get some value for cojo in the draft, maybe if he explodes in the playoffs you could move him and the raps 1st to get into the late lotto?
              You had me up til lotto. If he performs and we could swap him and our pick for Denver around 15th that would be Masai magic.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                well, obviously I wouldn't like it. the idea of being stuck with Demarre Carroll at the expense of actually good players is depressing to me. If we have to lose an asset either way i'd rather at the very least unload Hedo 2.0.
                Disagree. Its not worth an asset just to dump him. We need those assets to add talent and balance the roster/budget. We haven't seen ibaka yet but I'd expect a move from C or PG, not SF, in the summer.
                You're exaggerating with the Hedo reference. Even if there are stat comps, DMC hasnt given up on the team. He's still trying to get better, help the team and play a leadership role. When guys get knocked down, DMC is one of the first to step in and defend his teammates like the Jalen brown/Lowry incident recently. That's important. DMC probably is the worst value contract but that doesn't mean he's the first one out the door or theres a desperation to do that ASAP.

Comment

Disagree. Its not worth an asset just to dump him. We need those assets to add talent and balance the roster/budget. We haven't seen ibaka yet but I'd expect a move from C or PG, not SF, in the summer.
                  You're exaggerating with the Hedo reference. Even if there are stat comps, DMC hasnt given up on the team. He's still trying to get better, help the team and play a leadership role. When guys get knocked down, DMC is one of the first to step in and defend his teammates like the Jalen brown/Lowry incident recently. That's important. DMC probably is the worst value contract but that doesn't mean he's the first one out the door or theres a desperation to do that ASAP.
                  don't really care about his positive attitude if he can't play.

"not worth an asset to dump him" is not the right context, seeing as we're talking about losing an asset either way. either you trade an asset with Carroll, or you lose JV for, likely, less than ideal value given how he's been used. I'm not interested in selling low on valanciunas in order to keep demarre carroll, sorry.
                  Last edited by KHD; Sat Feb 18, 2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

don't really care about his positive attitude if he can't play.

why is it "not worth an asset" to dump him but it's worth a much better asset to keep him?
                    You don't care bc we watch through a screen, not on the court or in the locker room. Not far to make the Hedo comp in that regard. Supporting your team and chemistry matter. He's been in good locker rooms, around the league and has lots of experience. It matters.

"Can't play"? C'mon, he's maybe hurt and has declined but he's not injured or completely dead weight.

What do you mean better asset? What's the package you're proposing? I said I don't want to attach a guy like yak just to take back $17m or so in expirings. I'm open to trade him so whats the deal?

Comment

• OK, you edited this. I had an inkling it was about jv, I know you're a fan. Well, let's see how ibaka looks first is my opinion ATM. I have a feeling ibaka will look good at the 5 with pat and Dmc will be serviceable at some 3/4 matchups.

Comment

You don't care bc we watch through a screen, not on the court or in the locker room. Not far to make the Hedo comp in that regard. Supporting your team and chemistry matter. He's been in good locker rooms, around the league and has lots of experience. It matters.

"Can't play"? C'mon, he's maybe hurt and has declined but he's not injured or completely dead weight.

What do you mean better asset? What's the package you're proposing? I said I don't want to attach a guy like yak just to take back $17m or so in expirings. I'm open to trade him so whats the deal?
                        locker room presence is worth a vet minimum contract, not 15M per season.

lewro wrote: View Post
                        OK, you edited this. I had an inkling it was about jv, I know you're a fan. Well, let's see how ibaka looks first is my opinion ATM. I have a feeling ibaka will look good at the 5 with pat and Dmc will be serviceable at some 3/4 matchups.
                        Obviously it's about JV, you're the one who brought him up...

and the ibaka at 5 lineups are going to get pounded on the boards. Ibaka is a serviceable but not fantastic rebounder. I swear we fill one hole and everyone is rushing to create another one.
                        Last edited by KHD; Sat Feb 18, 2017, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• This is a good convo and we have to see how it plays out in the playoffs and once ibaka actually has played a single minute. I don't think we can predetermine that jv should stay or go yet. I'd imagine his rebounding is important and screens to a lesser extent.
                          I think things are a little more fluid but I'm not ready to attach yak (in particular) to DMC to save jv. We might get more out of yak at $3m at the 5, long term. The ibaka trade just happened. We shouldn't dump anyone other than Sully right now imo.

Comment

locker room presence is worth a vet minimum contract, not 15M per season.

Obviously it's about JV, you're the one who brought him up...

and the ibaka at 5 lineups are going to get pounded on the boards. Ibaka is a serviceable but not fantastic rebounder. I swear we fill one hole and everyone is rushing to create another one.
                            I brought up jv? I'm not in a rush, you seem rushed to dump Carroll.
                            I'm open to move him but what's the deal?

Comment

• Again, DMC is not worth $15m but his presence is helpful. We can't just bring on a random vet minimum now and think that voice will carry any weight immediately. It definitely matters. Especially if youre comping hedo

Comment

This is a good convo and we have to see how it plays out in the playoffs and once ibaka actually has played a single minute. I don't think we can predetermine that jv should stay or go yet. I'd imagine his rebounding is important and screens to a lesser extent.
                                I think things are a little more fluid but I'm not ready to attach yak (in particular) to DMC to save jv. We might get more out of yak at $3m at the 5, long term. The ibaka trade just happened. We shouldn't dump anyone other than Sully right now imo.

I'm talking about the offseason too.

Generally I would agree, we shouldn't "dump" anyone mid-season. and yeah, if Poeltl develops nicely then he might be a starter-level big. Or, he might not be. I don't know yet. But I do know that JV is, despite the concerns expressed ad nauseum on this board and the fact that we're playing the absolute worst style to take advantage of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X