Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So fucking annoyed.

I see no other way we can make ourselves legit contenders outside of getting Paul George whom the Celtics DO have their eyes on so actually NO chance and this would have cost a fraction.

In the blink of eye our franchise missed its chance to be a championship contender. Some of you still dont get that.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      So fucking annoyed.

I see no other way we can make ourselves legit contenders outside of getting Paul George whom the Celtics DO have their eyes on so actually NO chance and this would have cost a fraction.

In the blink of eye our franchise missed its chance to be a championship contender. Some of you still dont get that.
      come on dude, you don't even know details. Maybe they wanted DeRozan and Masai said no. Kings wanted Ingram from the Lakers.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        '17 and '19. I think both picks will be protected lol
        DA just corrected himself, only one pick.

Comment

So fucking annoyed.

Bro Kings literally traded him for nothing, there's no way MU would've thought this would be possible
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

So fucking annoyed.

Stop acting like an armchair GM. You can't just throw 5 middling prospects and 2 picks at the Kings and say "take this for Cousins," this isn't NBA 2k17. It's also about what the Kings want, not just what we can offer. None of us know anything about the inner workings of the Raptors or Kings so to blindly shift blame is just stupid.

A week ago everyone was saying Masai's an idiot for doing nothing, then suddenly the Ibaka trade happens and it's "omg he's a genius, he was just biding his time." Now another trade happens and he's back to being an idiot. Next you'll be saying the Earth is flat.

Comment

• I'm not too upset about losing out on DeMarcus Cousins. Boogie could go either way and likely end up exactly like the Rudy Gay situation, but worse. DMC would be another 1-way all-star and we already have 2 offense-only stars on our team. Kyle and DeMar would have to figure out how to fit him into our guard-oriented offense. This is massive USG player to try and fit in. Boogie also doesn't provide anything special on defense and Casey might even sub him out in the 4th quarters.

So.... meh. I can easily see why the Celtics would be saving their assets for a legit 2-way star, like Butler or George.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                So why didn't he end up in Boston? They've wanted him for ages.

For all we know, the Kings were in love with Hield or just really didn't want to trade him to a EC playoff team.
                Reports say Boston didn't want him, possibly concerned about chemistry.

And why would Kings not want to trade him to the opposite conference? Usually a team doesn't want to trade a star within their own conference, so they don't have to face him more times per year.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  I'm not too upset about losing out on DeMarcus Cousins. Boogie could go either way and likely end up exactly like the Rudy Gay situation, but worse. DMC would be another 1-way all-star and we already have 2 offense-only stars on our team. Kyle and DeMar would have to figure out how to fit him into our guard-oriented offense. This is massive USG player to try and fit in. Boogie also doesn't provide anything special on defense and Casey might even sub him out in the 4th quarters.

So.... meh. I can easily see why the Celtics would be saving their assets for a legit 2-way star, like Butler or George.
                  Exactly this...

He was also ball dominant. We will get someone else don't worry. We have a fantastic team honestly.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    DA just corrected himself, only one pick.
                    Fuck, I felt half sane for a minute

Comment

• Well... I guess the upside is that he didn't go to Boston. Just gotta hope they aren't able to pry loose George or Butler.

But I have a feeling there's going to be so much blowback on this for the Kings that other front offices are going to be reluctant to move star pieces now, for fear of getting pilloried in the same fashion.

Comment

• The next domino to watch might be if Butler gets traded to the Celtics or not. Hopefully not!!!

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                          Stop acting like an armchair GM. You can't just throw 5 middling prospects and 2 picks at the Kings and say "take this for Cousins," this isn't NBA 2k17. It's also about what the Kings want, not just what we can offer. None of us know anything about the inner workings of the Raptors or Kings so to blindly shift blame is just stupid.

A week ago everyone was saying Masai's an idiot for doing nothing, then suddenly the Ibaka trade happens and it's "omg he's a genius, he was just biding his time." Now another trade happens and he's back to being an idiot. Next you'll be saying the Earth is flat.
                          Nah sorry, I leave awful theories to you Mr Hypothetical team out does our bid but yet thats exactly what we could have done in this scenario lol where your own logic did you in.

Then you are basically calling Norm a middling prospect (as he was just one of the players that I suggested in a hypothetical trade) but saying Hield is not one with his incredible 8ppg average this year lol nice. Also like the attempted 2K17 jab, kind of a twist on me telling you come into reality on my last post. You can try to put whatever spin you like, its simply not hard to top a single 1st (which I heard is also protected lol) + Hield (period), we could have easily offered more value.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                            The next domino to watch might be if Butler gets traded to the Celtics or not. Hopefully not!!!
                            The only upside with that is they would then take themselves out of the running for George which would literally be our lone hope to be a contender.

Comment

• Next best thing

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                No, you wouldn't. That's not how the cap works.
                                So let's say the Raptors got the same package of players back from the Kings (Cousins and Casspi), and gave up Powell, Wright, and Valanciunas (because they have to make salaries work, and it's doubtful that the Kings would want Carroll). That package is about $2M short of matching Cousins and Casspi's contract, but will work. After this season, you have Lowry, Ibaka, Casspi, and Patterson as free agents. Assuming you don't bring back Casspi, and Patterson, but bring back Lowry and Ibaka, you may be looking at adding $40M combined to next year's payroll, which already is sitting at $88M - so you're now at $128M, which means you're way into luxury tax territory. Assuming similar package for Cousins, Raptors would have no draft picks for this year.

(For reference, last year, the Cavaliers had a payroll of approximately $127M - they won the championship, but was announced that they lost $40M)

The next year, you will have to find a way to pay DMC, who will be asking for $30M+, so an increase of $14M from his current salary, and no other Raptors will be a free agent, so you'll be looking at a salary of $142M.

Raptors roster would be

Lowry/CoJo/VanVleet
                                DeRozan/draft pick
                                Carroll/Bruno/draft pick
                                Ibaka/Siakam
                                Cousins/Nogueira/Poeltl

Because the Raptors are over the Luxury tax, they'd have no Bi-Annual Exception, and a very small Mid-Level Exception to offer free agents.

Damn, where's Dan when you need him

Comment

Working...
                                X