Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    it's astounding that none of the "usual suspects" was in on Cousins
    The Lakers tried but the Kings insisted that Ingram be involved.

Comment

• I'm just happy he's not in the Eastern Conference. I think the trade is actually beneficial for both parties. I foresee the Kings bouncing back quickly and not being a joke. They don't have the talent to be a contender but they won't be the laughing stock of the NBA.

Comment

• We'll finally get to see what Demarcus is really like.

Comment

• Cousins, rival executives say, is a bad investment, appealing only if the asking price was minimal.

“We would have taken him,” said an executive from a team that inquired about Cousins, “but only if they were basically giving him away.”
          http://sports.yahoo.com/news/demarcu...072616450.html

It's not all about stats. Maybe Cousins grows up and proves everyone wrong but this trade is a statement to how the Kings viewed him as a professional.

Comment

• Strange that the Kings actually showed some sense when dealing with the Lakers (insisting on Ingram) but then threw all logic out the window when dealing with the Pelicans.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
              Strange that the Kings actually showed some sense when dealing with the Lakers (insisting on Ingram) but then threw all logic out the window when dealing with the Pelicans.
              Well what should they have done differently while keeping in mind the quote in my last post.

I mean you're talking about taking a risk on an immature, unpredictable player.

Comment

• Stats don't win rings.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Buddy Hield? ROFL. Kings gonna Kings.
                  They probably saw him play at the rising stars game and determined he was star in the making

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Warriors-Pelicans should be fun 1st round matchup if everything works out for the Pelicans. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded this summer again.
                    Great point. For all the guys worried about masai being inactive; he's gonna swoop in when this fails and get boogie for Cory and a 2nd.

Comment

• Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post
                      http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/20/14...r-grant-napear

Even the Kings announcer is a joke.

I don't have a very hard time imagining DMC and AD getting along fine. Sacramento is one of the most tumultuous, mismanaged teams in professional sports. The constant coaching and roster changes were a cancer for Cousins and now he can prove that he can consistently win games in a positive environment.

+1 for the Kings relocating to Seattle and renaming themselves the SuperSonics, just fire everyone in management first please and start fresh, not to mention Grant Napear and the announcing crew
                      The environment doesn't help but some of the shit boogie does is about him. The guy is clearly not well.

Comment

• man if Cousins ever gets the space between his ears right, that Davis/Cousin pairing becomes the best front court in the league
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Also...how much longer do I have to wait for us to snag PJ Tucker?

Can someone confirm if we could resign him over the cap?
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Prada nailed it. Kings "braintrust" has a litany of incompetence, but no other team seems to have been willing to offer more for Cousins than what the Pelicans offered, and the front offices that Prada mentioned would all rate among the most poorly run. Smart GM's are a lot more toxicity averse than Joe Fan.
                            Yep. Zach Lowe said something along the same line, last year, and he's tied into every front office in the league. Speaks volumes that Boston didn't even kick tires....

“I don’t think Brad Stevens wants to touch DeMarcus Cousins with a 10-foot pole. And that carries a lot of weight (in Boston).”

http://nesn.com/2016/12/demarcus-cou...ing-to-boston/

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              Also...how much longer do I have to wait for us to snag PJ Tucker?

Can someone confirm if we could resign him over the cap?
                              PJ Tucker? I don't get the excitement over this guy. A 3 & D wing who can't shoot 3's. Feels like another DeMarre Carroll overrated situation waiting to happen all over again.

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
                                They probably saw him play at the rising stars game and determined he was star in the making
                                If anything the pelicans looked stupid for passing on Murray. The kings didn't have anyone in that game even tho theyve had consecutive top 10 picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X