No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i guess now we get to see if Cousins really was part of the problem in Sacto.

Comment

• Kings reportedly looking to dump more guys for picks/prospects, want to make sure they move up in this draft:

"Free agents-to-be Ben McLemore and Darren Collison are available, sources said, as is Arron Afflalo, a solid bench scorer with a manageable contract."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/demarcu...072616450.html
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Missed out a serious opportunity to be legit contender.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          man if Cousins ever gets the space between his ears right, that Davis/Cousin pairing becomes the best front court in the league
          IF Cousins get the space between his ears right, and IF they (mostly Davis) stay healthy and IF they play to their potential and IF they get a good point guard and IF they get some shooting they could become the best front court of ALL TIME.

That's a hell of a lot of IF's, but that's a risk worth taking for a lot of teams, one of them definitely being the Pelicans.

Either way, it should be fun to watch
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            IF Cousins get the space between his ears right, and IF they (mostly Davis) stay healthy and IF they play to their potential and IF they get a good point guard and IF they get some shooting they could become the best front court of ALL TIME.

That's a hell of a lot of IF's, but that's a risk worth taking for a lot of teams, one of them definitely being the Pelicans.

Either way, it should be fun to watch
            A healthy jrue holiday is a damn good guard. Solid defense and flexible on offense. Perfect for high usage player like Cousins

Comment

• Wow. If Hield, a first and a second gets it done for Cousins then we even had enough assets to get him.

A JV+Cory+1st could've easily done it. Throw in another pick and we could've probably gotten Afflalo as well.

Comment

• Someone needs to explain two things to me:

1. Why does Indiana trade PG

2. Why would we even have a shot at getting him (same conference, no picks etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Atothe wrote: View Post
                  A healthy jrue holiday is a damn good guard. Solid defense and flexible on offense. Perfect for high usage player like Cousins
                  Very true. Definitely need a shooter or 2 in that lineup still to make any serious noise, but they could be scary by next year. It's an interesting experiment to see a polar opposite of the Warriors (hopefully) give them something to worry about. I'm sure many other fans hope they do too
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Also I'd rather have Jimmy than PG. PG disappears in games a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      Wow. If Hield, a first and a second gets it done for Cousins then we even had enough assets to get him.

A JV+Cory+1st could've easily done it. Throw in another pick and we could've probably gotten Afflalo as well.
                      28 other teams could probably say the same thing. Someone above posted that this trade illustrates what the Kings thought of Cousins as a professional. I disagree somewhat. It illustrates what the rest of the league thinks of Cousins as a professional.

Comment

• I feel bad for Tyreke Evans having to go back to the team that murdered his career
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            I feel bad for Tyreke Evans having to go back to the team that murdered his career
                            To be fair, Tyreke's jump shot murdered his career.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Missed out a serious opportunity to be legit contender.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              I'm not convinced that Toronto would have been a good fit for him. This isn't a strong vet locker like what Detroit had when they brought Sheed in. DMC isn't gonna be okay with watching DeMar take shot after shot while his usage drops. And DeMar really doesn't have much use to a team if he doesn't have a high usage.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                28 other teams could probably say the same thing. Someone above posted that this trade illustrates what the Kings thought of Cousins as a professional. I disagree somewhat. It illustrates what the rest of the league thinks of Cousins as a professional.
                                Yep. Masai obviously values culture and chemistry - almost to a fault. With the recent Lowry incident and Tom Sterner interview, we just got a glimpse into how fragile the Raps culture and chemistry really is. It seems to be based on Casey letting Lowry have the keys to the franchise, in some sort of uneasy alliance. It doesn't seem to be based on Lowry respecting Casey, or Casey being able to hold Lowry accountable. That's not a solid foundation for a healthy organizational culture, IMO.

Now, can you imagine bringing DeMarcus Cousins into a situation like that? If Casey can't handle a guy like Lowry.......

Comment

Working...
                                X