No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pelicans are taking a (big) risk here. The irony is that they were looking to upgrade their team to mollify Davis before he hits his option year (I think next season). If Cousins has not changed his m.o. Davis maybe a casualty. Will Cousins play second banana to Davis? It's a good thing they have a good/level headed pg in Holiday to run the team.

Danny Ainge didn't get in on the deal again? Guess everyone wants his likely 1st overall.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      To be fair, Tyreke's jump shot murdered his career.
      I think you could have built a team around a 6'6" attacking PG... didn't he average 20 5 and 5 at one point
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• The market for a talented shit head has been established
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          28 other teams could probably say the same thing. Someone above posted that this trade illustrates what the Kings thought of Cousins as a professional. I disagree somewhat. It illustrates what the rest of the league thinks of Cousins as a professional.
          Yeah, people are forgetting how vastly different the situations are in Toronto and New Orleans.

Toronto has built a solid team, that is maybe a piece or 2 away. There's a chance Cousins would have become that piece, but there's also a strong chance he's the piece that torpedoes our precarious chemistry, and we rue the day we did it.

New Orleans had literally NOTHING to lose. Worst case scenario is that it fails and AD walks. But that was already THE scenario, it was failing, and AD would probably walk. They needed to do something, and shuffling the deck with middle of the road pieces wasn't going to cut it. Davis is a generational talent, he has potential to be a top 5 player but with his absolute shit supporting cast he's hovering outside it.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

28 other teams could probably say the same thing. Someone above posted that this trade illustrates what the Kings thought of Cousins as a professional. I disagree somewhat. It illustrates what the rest of the league thinks of Cousins as a professional.
            Agreed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              I'm not convinced that Toronto would have been a good fit for him. This isn't a strong vet locker like what Detroit had when they brought Sheed in. DMC isn't gonna be okay with watching DeMar take shot after shot while his usage drops. And DeMar really doesn't have much use to a team if he doesn't have a high usage.
              Also agreed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• *rolls eyes* @ half this board trying to justify missing out on a massive opportunity like Cousins. Total joke lol some of you guys will stop at nothing to put on Masai on a pedestal but I'll leave that alone. It's too late anyways, we now pretty much have no chance to become true contenders unless by some miracle we got PG which is incredibly unlikely and the asking price will be much higher.

Moving along....according to David Aldridge we're after Wilson Chandler (@ the 6min mark)

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  *rolls eyes* @ half this board trying to justify missing out on a massive opportunity like Cousins. Total joke lol some of you guys will stop at nothing to put on Masai on a pedestal but I'll leave that alone. It's too late anyways, we now pretty much have no chance to become true contenders unless by some miracle we got PG which is incredibly unlikely and the asking price will be much higher.

Moving along....according to David Aldridge we're after Wilson Chandler (@ the 6min mark)

Please. Wilson Chandler would be perfect right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Yep. Masai obviously values culture and chemistry - almost to a fault. With the recent Lowry incident and Tom Sterner interview, we just got a glimpse into how fragile the Raps culture and chemistry really is. It seems to be based on Casey letting Lowry have the keys to the franchise, in some sort of uneasy alliance. It doesn't seem to be based on Lowry respecting Casey, or Casey being able to hold Lowry accountable. That's not a solid foundation for a healthy organizational culture, IMO.

Now, can you imagine bringing DeMarcus Cousins into a situation like that? If Casey can't handle a guy like Lowry.......
                    Wasn't really the point I was making.....

The rest of this is pure conjecture and supposition based on your dislike of Casey.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                      *rolls eyes* @ half this board trying to justify missing out on a massive opportunity like Cousins. Total joke lol some of you guys will stop at nothing to put on Masai on a pedestal but I'll leave that alone. It's too late anyways, we now pretty much have no chance to become true contenders unless by some miracle we got PG which is incredibly unlikely and the asking price will be much higher.
                      And an eye roll right back at you. You write as though the Raptors were the only other team in the running for Cousins and that they passed on a sure opportunity to get him. The entire premise of your point is false (28 other teams also could have had him) and you have no idea what Toronto did or did not offer or if they were even given a chance by Sactown to make a deal.

Comment

• Let us also not forget we made the Ibaka deal first, and the Raptors would probably like to at least play a single game with the new core before adding an immature mega usage star as well, anybody who thinks Cousins comes risk free is not paying attention. Then you let Ibaka walk in the summer, or you have to find a taker for Carroll, and Valanciunas, and Joseph, with no money coming back, and let Patterson walk. At the end of the day the payroll would be higher than Cleveland and Golden State and you still aren't as good. We aren't the New York Yankees and there IS a budget with MLSE, believe it or not. Before they ever did that they would need assurances that they are a legitimate title contender, and Boogie Cousins plus gutting your depth definitely doesn't do that
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

And an eye roll right back at you. You write as though the Raptors were the only other team in the running for Cousins and that they passed on a sure opportunity to get him. The entire premise of your point is false (28 other teams also could have had him) and you have no idea what Toronto did or did not offer or if they were even given a chance by Sactown to make a deal.
                          I'm rolling my eyes at the mental gymnastics people use to try to justify to themselves that Cousins wouldn't have been a good fit/move and its a complete joke lol

As I said I'm not going to get into a debate about it, we missed out, its over and done with. You're totally free to believe that we couldn't beat an offer of a couple of protected 1sts and Hield, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Comment

• Thank god he didn't come out East. We would be in trouble if he did. That's the only bright spot for me.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Feb 20, 2017, 12:56 PM.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

+1. The report was kings stopped taking calls from all but two teams. We really don't have a lot of info (yet) to form an opinion, beyond dissecting what we do know,which only involves two teams (not ours) and the players involved.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Let us also not forget we made the Ibaka deal first, and the Raptors would probably like to at least play a single game with the new core before adding an immature mega usage star as well, anybody who thinks Cousins comes risk free is not paying attention. Then you let Ibaka walk in the summer, or you have to find a taker for Carroll, and Valanciunas, and Joseph, with no money coming back, and let Patterson walk. At the end of the day the payroll would be higher than Cleveland and Golden State and you still aren't as good. We aren't the New York Yankees and there IS a budget with MLSE, believe it or not. Before they ever did that they would need assurances that they are a legitimate title contender, and Boogie Cousins plus gutting your depth definitely doesn't do that
                                Cousins is one of those players you add to your team if you can no matter what. You figure shit out after but you get him first every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X