Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adamissobaked wrote: View Post
    Maybe they found the cure for their weakness:

Thomas and Horford did the same thing in the summer...
    This is interesting....

If..and I stress if...the offer was a Drummond for Boogie swap....what would Stan van grundy...a sharp guy on another tier than the Excremento front office....be asking from Boston from Danny ?

I think they ask for
    - one of Smart or Bradley...
    - one of the Nets picks ..this year or next.... but preferably this years
    - Amir to play the 5..

Ainge ..will counter with a typical Ainge lowball offer of Jonas Jerebco and a 2021 second round pick and Van Grundy will tell him to do something anatomically impossible...
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Feb 21, 2017, 12:06 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      this seems like a bit of pandering to Celtics fans.

They clearly didn't need Ibaka because they have Horford and their weakness is rebounding.

It's also becoming clear that they had no shot at Cousins without selling the farm, since Vivek is a dipshit who thinks Buddy Hield is the second coming of Curry.

Why do we need to praise them for doing the obvious?

Also think that calling the Ibaka move just an attempt to chase the Cavs is a bit disingenuous. I think Masai feels he has an inside track in terms of keeping Ibaka long term, and in that case, if the performance is up to par, he just snagged a great piece in exchange for almost nothing. It's a moderate risk, high reward move, if MLSE is truly saying that a winner can go into that luxury tax zone.
      Ibaka is a great piece and true the price they paid isn't much in comparison to what they received. However, Ibaka will not be getting paid like a role player. He will be getting paid like a star and his, DeMar's and Lowry's (if he resigns) contracts will make up for the bulk of our cap space for the next 4-5 years. I'm okay with the DeMar and Lowry contracts because these guys drive our team, but Ibaka is a role player...a much needed one...but still a role player. Going to be interesting to see how much it takes to resign both Ibaka and Lowry this summer.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        This is interesting....

If..and I stress if...the offer was a Drummond for Boogie swap....what would Stan van grundy...a sharp guy on another tier than the Excremento front office....be asking from Boston from Danny ?

I think they ask for
        - one of Smart or Bradley...
        - one of the Nets picks ..this year or next.... but preferably this years
        - Amir to play the 5..

Ainge ..will counter with a typical Ainge lowball offer of Jonas Jerebco and a 2021 second round pick and Van Grundy will tell him to do something anatomically impossible...
        They have their own + nets pick in 2018. I'd imagine they send their own pick + salary like Amir/Zeller and then whatever SVG likes in their guards/wings. Doesn't really matter imo. This is a dumb deal for Celts. Yes, they get rebounding but they're locking up a ton of money in Drummond/Horford and losing some assets. Doesn't make them so much better. They've come this far, just hold out for Griffin or Butler or PG-13. They should just get Bogut for some guy they'll cut anyway. At this point they could get Okafor for nothing. Seems like pelicans left Colangelo holding his junk in the wind.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
          Kevin Lowe should stick to hockey bc he doesn't know shit about bball!
          Wait is Lowe the one who everyone loves? or is that Zach Lowe?
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I'm really suprised that the 76ers still have three high lotto centers log jammed on their club at this point. You'd think there would be a good scoring combo guard out there they could land for Okafor to compliment Simmons. I mean we're talking trigger happy Colangelo here. Has he finally learned restraint?

Comment

• If Masai can turn Ross/JV into Ibaka/Drummond I will name my first son Masai.

https://twitter.com/raptorsrepublic/...83214343942144

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Not sure if I want Drummond. The guy can't play down the stretch at all, and he isn't even a great defender. JV is a pretty good rebounder and he can hit free throws as well as any big in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  Wait is Lowe the one who everyone loves? or is that Zach Lowe?
                  Kevin is HOF defenceman/Oilers management.
                  Zach writes about bball.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    If Masai can turn Ross/JV into Ibaka/Drummond I will name my first son Masai.

Wow, interesting. Although, I don't see a source mentioned.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      Not sure if I want Drummond. The guy can't play down the stretch at all, and he isn't even a great defender. JV is a pretty good rebounder and he can hit free throws as well as any big in the league.

With Casey around, Jonas can't play down the stretch either

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        With Casey around, Jonas can't play down the stretch either
                        Yes but I for one don't want to watch hack-a-Drummond every game. It'll get boring.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          If Masai can turn Ross/JV into Ibaka/Drummond I will name my first son Masai.

What is will Lou's source? Looks like an excerpt from somewhere

Comment

• Not so high on Drummond, great rebounder, but so is JV. Better defensively, but not great, offensively he is worse and a terrible, terrible free throw shooter.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Wow, interesting. Although, I don't see a source mentioned.
                              It's from an SI article.

But it was from before Ibaka. Drummond makes almost 10M per year more than JV, so if we were having a hard time figuring out how to pay for the current roster, good luck trying to fit Drummond in too. Have to imagine at this point it's either JV at C or some cheap alternative.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                Yes but I for one don't want to watch hack-a-Drummond every game. It'll get boring.

I say we petition Adam Silver to implement an entry requirement for all players. Must hit free throws at a minimum 60% clip.

Comment

Working...
                                X