Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Not so high on Drummond, great rebounder, but so is JV. Better defensively, but not great, offensively he is worse and a terrible, terrible free throw shooter.
    I would say Jonas is the better overall player, but Drummond is a better overall fit for Casey/Lowry/DeRozan.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      If Masai can turn Ross/JV into Ibaka/Drummond I will name my first son Masai.

https://twitter.com/raptorsrepublic/...83214343942144

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Personally I would love that trade!

JV does get the better of the individual match ups but Drummond fits our team better.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I would say Jonas is the better overall player, but Drummond is a better overall fit for Casey/Lowry/DeRozan.
        Agreed. Thats the only reason why I wouldn't be upset if it happens.

Comment

• If I'm the pistons I definitely do that deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I'm really suprised that the 76ers still have three high lotto centers log jammed on their club at this point. You'd think there would be a good scoring combo guard out there they could land for Okafor to compliment Simmons. I mean we're talking trigger happy Colangelo here. Has he finally learned restraint?
            Sixers fans are pissed bc Colangelo was forced on them as "the man of action" but he hasn't done shit. The Noel thing was a disaster and Okafor has kept his mouth shut but FFS they told the guy to stay home and then lost the trade. Plus his dad forced his son into that role.
            Considering the assets they have I would not want Colangelo in charge. He could help with the draft but that's it.
            Personally I like hinkie. I'd hire him if I'm the kings. The Sixers have great assets. Lots of future picks.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              It's from an SI article.

But it was from before Ibaka. Drummond makes almost 10M per year more than JV, so if we were having a hard time figuring out how to pay for the current roster, good luck trying to fit Drummond in too. Have to imagine at this point it's either JV at C or some cheap alternative.
              Im not saying I want this deal but hypothetically if Detroit found a third team for Reggie then we send Cory and JV for Drummond and Stanley Johnson.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                Im not saying I want this deal but hypothetically if Detroit found a third team for Reggie then we send Cory and JV for Drummond and Stanley Johnson.
                Pretty sure Stan loves Stanley Johnson. So no to that one, maybe we could get Morris from them tho?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                  Sixers fans are pissed bc Colangelo was forced on them as "the man of action" but he hasn't done shit. The Noel thing was a disaster and Okafor has kept his mouth shut but FFS they told the guy to stay home and then lost the trade. Plus his dad forced his son into that role.
                  Considering the assets they have I would not want Colangelo in charge. He could help with the draft but that's it.
                  Personally I like hinkie. I'd hire him if I'm the kings. The Sixers have great assets. Lots of future picks.
                  I read somewhere that PHI was actually offered a similar package to the one the Kings took which for Okafor I don't think would have been a bad haul. Hield is meh but with Simmons drawing in defences he could make an excellent spot up shooter and that Pelican's pick would still been a lottery pick....PHI would have had a chance to have 3 top 10 picks this year in the deepest draft in a decade which is unheard of.

Not sure what the heck BC was thinking when they've already completely tanked Jahlil's trade value. They could have literally filled out the rest of their starting line up with top 10 picks added to Simmons and Okafor smdh...we'll see if they'll even get a lottery pick next year for an expiring JO. As for Noel they need to trade him for something right now, he won't be worth the money and he's really not needed. My guess is Colangelo is waiting for his usual instant gratification trade where he gives away young players to "win now" smdh on a team that should be in no rush.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Ibaka is a great piece and true the price they paid isn't much in comparison to what they received. However, Ibaka will not be getting paid like a role player. He will be getting paid like a star and his, DeMar's and Lowry's (if he resigns) contracts will make up for the bulk of our cap space for the next 4-5 years. I'm okay with the DeMar and Lowry contracts because these guys drive our team, but Ibaka is a role player...a much needed one...but still a role player. Going to be interesting to see how much it takes to resign both Ibaka and Lowry this summer.
                    Yeah, to me Ibaka has to anchor the defense like he did a few yrs back to really earn that money and be more than a role player. I think he has to be at the 5 to do that.
                    We will see how they play.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Not so high on Drummond, great rebounder, but so is JV. Better defensively, but not great, offensively he is worse and a terrible, terrible free throw shooter.
                      My problem is I don't see Drummond having a much higher upside than who he is right now. Maybe he gets a consistent foul shot. Maybe gets a bit smarter on defense. Meanwhile JV has been putting in the work on his 3 point shot. While it's far from a sure thing he can get there, if he does develop that to a point he can use it reliably in a game, that's an enormous development in what he brings. I admit that Drummond might be a better win-now fit (if it weren't for the fact that he'd need to learn a hell of a lot in a hurry as our lack of perimeter defense tends to put enormous pressure on a C), but there's a point where going all-in on win-now is a potential long-term disaster, and to me a JV/Drummond swap is that.

Comment

• I wouldnt be shocked if we roll with bebe/poetlt/ibaka combo at the 5 next year
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I don't think JV is going anywhere. I'd say next year Cory is gone, maybe DC and MLSE pays a huge tax bill to see how far we can go. Maybe Casey is gone, maybe not.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I wouldnt be shocked if we roll with bebe/poetlt/ibaka combo at the 5 next year
                            Not sure if I like the idea of any of these guys starting at the 5 next year. Unless Poeltl makes huge strides this offseason.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              I wouldnt be shocked if we roll with bebe/poetlt/ibaka combo at the 5 next year
                              If I were MLSE, I would be none too pleased with paying tax to have a lack of depth at the 5.

If you're going to utilize cheap depth, the place to do it is where you have two all star guards eating up 35-40 MPG at two positions.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                                I read somewhere that PHI was actually offered a similar package to the one the Kings took which for Okafor I don't think would have been a bad haul. Hield is meh but with Simmons drawing in defences he could make an excellent spot up shooter and that Pelican's pick would still been a lottery pick....PHI would have had a chance to have 3 top 10 picks this year in the deepest draft in a decade which is unheard of.

Not sure what the heck BC was thinking when they've already completely tanked Jahlil's trade value. They could have literally filled out the rest of their starting line up with top 10 picks added to Simmons and Okafor smdh...we'll see if they'll even get a lottery pick next year for an expiring JO. As for Noel they need to trade him for something right now, he won't be worth the money and he's really not needed. My guess is Colangelo is waiting for his usual instant gratification trade where he gives away young players to "win now" smdh on a team that should be in no rush.
                                Hield and a 1st for Okafor?

They don't have any cap worries until embiid or they want to sign a big contract. They can just resign Noel and sit on things. That will depreciate Holmes and okafors value but Bryco "will not make a bad deal".
                                They should have dealt at the draft and got peak value but instead I think Bryco thought thered be an injury on a playoff team and he could take advantage. Something like that. I think he got greedy and it backfired.

Comment

Working...
                                X