Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Those are shallow defensive stats. He's not better than JV at defense. Also, I think they're both bad at passing/playmaking.
    Tbh I would still rather have Drummond
    JV is a pretty good rebounder but Drummond is an elite rebounder. He'll probably average 15ish here.
    Also Drummond is a year younger. He's already been an Allstar and I feel he'll be a multiple time all star if he's moved here. Probably gonna average something like
    15/15/1.5/2/1
    These are elite numbers
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
      https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...51278062272512

What about Bojan for our wing depth? He is good enough 3pt shooter and can create. Probably though out of our price range, as teams will be considering him not as a rental but as resign candidate and he is going to get paid in the summer (Crabbe contract I think, about $18M) and will give late 1st rounder for him, which is maybe fair value for him, but not for us if we don't plan to resign him.
      He's one of the worst defenders in the league so I'll kindly say: "fuck no"

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Not good. Why would the Pacers do that though? I'd rather have Paul George than say Ball or Fultz.
        This is why...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...indiana-pacers

They may be able to get much more for him right now then in a year and are pressed to make a deal.

Comment

• Who in the Lakers roster intrigues you the most(besides Randle, Russell and Ingram)? Nick Young?

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/stat...72504931463168
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Who in the Lakers roster intrigues you the most(besides Randle, Russell and Ingram)? Nick Young?

Besides their only intriguing players, no one.

Comment

Who in the Lakers roster intrigues you the most(besides Randle, Russell and Ingram)? Nick Young?

Clarkson would be an upgrade to Cojo maybe

Comment

Clarkson's decent, Larry Nance Jr looks like he'll be a solid bench big man, Zubac has shown flashes when he's gotten minutes. But apart from their young players, no one. Lou looks destined to get traded to a middling team like Charlotte though.

Comment

• Nick Young is a better version of TRoss. Not as good a defender but offensively he's lights out.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Nick Young is a better version of TRoss. Not as good a defender but offensively he's lights out.
                    We don't need a T Ross replacement

#FreePowell DAMNIT
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'd take Nick Young.. if they take back either Carroll or CoJo. Won't give them a pick and that's probably what they'll want.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        The BR report says Detroit's been quietly shopping Drummond, reportedly Masai offered them JV and they turned it down. We also know the Kings were shopping Cousins and Masai reportedly kicked the tires there with a JV offer.

There's still a difference between throwing a hook in the water and actively shopping your guy. In both these situations at least, it was the other team looking for a taker and Masai offered something. We have no idea how serious it was, discussions in both situations involved multiple teams and did not end up with a Raptors trade. GM's are chatting about these things on the phone all the time, if a star player is available it's Masai's job to go kick the tires.

Neither of these scenarios included Terrence Ross as a trade piece, yet he's the guy who actually ended up getting traded while Jonas is still here, if that tells you anything about trade rumours and reports & how kicking the tires works.

TBH I'm up for trading anybody on the team if a star player comes back and the overall talent level of the Raptors goes up a notch. They still have some work to do to catch CLE/GSW/etc.

Edit: In both situations Jonas pretty much had to be the Raptors offer considering the guy who was available - Cousins & Drummond. There's no reason to bring one of those guys in + keep Jonas. But if the guy on the other side of the deal is not a 7 foot centre, is Jonas included? He wasn't needed to land Ibaka. Again it wasn't a situation of "we have to replace Jonas," it was a situation of "Hey, the Kings are shopping Cousins" and (maybe) "Hey, the Pistons are shopping Drummond." These things always start with somebody in the front office saying "Hey."
                        This is not what was reported by Sports Illustrated.

As much as Toronto needs to find depth behind its current frontline, the Raptors are also still skeptical about Jonas Valanciunas. Before they acquired Serge Ibaka, the Raptors called the Pistons pitching a package centered around Valanciunas for Drummond, according to a league source.
                        http://www.si.com/nba/2017/02/21/nba...s-primer-teams

And even if this isn't exactly right, even if Masai was just doing his due diligence as you suggest, it's telling that Jonas's name has never before slipped out as part of any discussion before.

Comment

• A couple points about the Drummond/JV kerfuffle:

1. Masai's offices never leak. He's famous for keeping it tight, and for warning opposing GMs that if they leak any discussions, the trade is off. So the leak re: Drummond/JV almost certainly came from either Detroit or possibly one of the agents of the players being discussed. Certainly the idea of a Drummond trade for JV straight up - rather than Detroit throwing in extra assets - is one that favors Detroit, because most of the league considers JV the better player, so it could be a move to push Drummond's price up for an eventual buyer.

2. It is certainly possible that Masai talked with Detroit about Drummond for JV, but the question then becomes: was this simply a straight-up swap? That seems doubtful, because Drummond is the lesser player. Maybe Masai's offer was JV and Sully for Drummond, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and a first-rounder. I mean, come on: we're talking about Masai Ujiri here. He does not lose trades, and JV for Drummond is a losing trade.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            We do have that (assuming we trade Cory for low cost return). 3 players at $3.5m + the return salary from Cory trade.
                            Yes, my point was since we have huge minutes eaters on the wing and PG, we should be utilizing cheap depth ont he wing and at PG. We have PG set up nicely if we move Cory, but Carroll is as big a commitment financially as JV and less important to the team.

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            If Jonas is moved it's probably to avoid paying tax in the first place.

If we're under the tax line, I doubt MLSE cares how Masai allocates salary as long as we keep filling seats.
                            Yeah, good luck with avoiding the tax entirely unless you are getting rid of JV, Cory AND Carroll.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Based on what's being said it does seem like JV is no longer untouchable.. probably a good day for the anti-JV crowd here. On the other hand I'm glad SVG said no.. would prefer Ibaka/JV over Siakam/Drummond.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Really? The GM that clearly values character/intangibles more than BC did would've drafted the player who slid in the draft process because of questionable motor and mentality?

I mean he could have, but Masai is clearly very high on building culture by bringing in guys with high character.

*One could speculate that this could be the main reason he didn't trade up last draft despite the tools of a player like Chriss.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                Masai has an eye for talent. It was pretty obvious who the better talent was. Also Ross' motor was question around the draft and for his whole career.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X