• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Paul George a Raptor yet?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      Bulls mightve wanted JV but I don't see it in Indy. It's true tho that the pick at the deadline last yr would have had a lot of value bc it could have been higher than 9.
      Not saying we would have packed those two assets specifically for Butler/George, only that they had significantly more value.

If only Vlade Divac was in charge of the Pacers or Bulls, we might still have a shot.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Is Paul George a Raptor yet?
        My sources said yes, but we gave up Kyle, Powell and 2 first rounders.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Not saying we would have packed those two assets specifically for Butler/George, only that they had significantly more value.

If only Vlade Divac was in charge of the Pacers or Bulls, we might still have a shot.
          Agreed

Comment

• https://twitter.com/TheVertical/stat...80259500273665
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              My sources said yes, but we gave up Kyle, Powell and 2 first rounders.
              If Indiana ask for KL, NP and 2 1st rounders would you do it?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Upon thinking about it after I made up that fake news, i think i would do it actually. Not sure if it works or not salary wise, but yea.

JV
                  IBAKA
                  PG
                  DD
                  CJ

thats a nice starting five, but our bench is a little thin.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    Aldridge says one thing on Butler......Stein who is every bit as credible if not more than DA is saying this

Marc Stein: I’ve also heard that Michael Reinsdorf, who’s Jerry Reinsford son and is basically in charge, doesn’t want to trade Butler under any circumstance

The NBA trade deadline has more horseshit than the stalls at Woodbine.
                    Trading Butler makes zero sense to me. Hey, let's trade a legit star for a pick in the hopes he might, in 6 years, be as good as, Jimmy Butler! Oh, and throw in a defensive minded SF cause he's got a cheap deal and a good+/-. Wow.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      I would give them my own kids for Paul George, just have to figure out the salaries.
                      How much are you paying your kids?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Man if only these guys had become available last year. I bet we could have sold the sizzle of the Knicks pick, and Jonas before there was a centre glut. Now that their value is diminished I don't think we have the assets to nab a guy like Butler or George.
                        +1. Story of the toronto raptors. A day late and a dollar short. Remember winning the first pick in the year of the Bargs lol.

Still, I'd call larry and throw jv powell joseph and 2 unprotected firsts and hope for the best
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          Trading Butler makes zero sense to me. Hey, let's trade a legit star for a pick in the hopes he might, in 6 years, be as good as, Jimmy Butler! Oh, and throw in a defensive minded SF cause he's got a cheap deal and a good+/-. Wow.
                          Trading Butler makes a lot of sense because Butler is a star-level player who isn't quite carry-a-team good, which means Butler by himself (and he's the only star the Bulls have, forget about Wade) can't get you enough wins to attract other star players to Chicago - and the Bulls have tried to do that for the last couple of years. Chicago is a great market, but that's balanced out by the fact that the front office is notoriously cheap so it's not as easy to pull talent as it should be.

If you only have Butler as your sole star player, you're going to be treadmilling hard - spending years contending in the lower half of the Eastern Conference seeds or in the low end of the lottery, depending on how the season goes and how healthy Butler is. (Which is what the Bulls have been doing for the last couple of years already.) And then at the end of Butler's contract he walks because no star player wants to waste his prime on a team that doesn't seriously try to contend.

If that's the writing on the wall, and you can get some prime assets for Butler right now instead - and the Brooklyn pick is definitely a top asset since it gives you the chance to get a franchise player to replace Butler - why not trade him - and then trade Crowder or whatever other assets they get for more picks as well? It's a great opportunity to restock the franchise. Another one might not come along any time soon, and given Boston's assets you'll probably never do better.

Comment

No. This doesn't help us get closer to beating the cavs, in fact replacing lowry and powell with George and cojo may not make us better at all.

You're trying to build a legit big 3 plus ibaka to beat cleveland and golden state. I'm not giving up 2 firsts to basically still be the "2nd best team in the east"

You can't leave Cory Joseph to run a derozan george offense. Shivers. Flashbacks to team gay-demar.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Butler was also a surprise pick. They built the team around rose, Deng, taj, thibs, etc and taj is the only one left and about to expire. They have good leverage bc they don't have to tank but this is a good yr to do it. I think when the kings pick was in play and you add their own pick (tanked) and the nets pick - that's a good rebuild. You couldve made an argument for pulling the trigger now or at the draft, speculating on the kings pick. I'm more skeptical that it happens now with the kings trade in the books. Maybe at the draft, depending on how things play out.

Comment

• Paul George isn't better than Lowry

Comment

Working...
                                X