Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Plus if indy is rebuilding, why would they want 200 million tied to lowry age 31 to 36??
    Yep. Lowry would not be part of the conversation, even if they weren't rebuilding (as an expiring you'd have to expect him to walk with so little time to try to convince him to stay).

JV seems the more obvious candidate, except Indy wants to play small with Turner at C.

Which means the most obvious package to offer from the Raps would actually be centered around DeRozan. Probably DD plus picks plus a prospect or two and taking back a contract Indy doesn't want (Monta maybe?). Not sure if Indy would be interested, but if they are not really looking to exit the playoffs, and are just worried about George bolting, then having an all-star locked in might not be that terrible a return for them.

I suppose ideally it gets centered on Carroll but there's no way for the Raps to add enough value around him.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• While it's not the most critical need in the world with the loss of Ross we need a new backup/prospect sg/sf (too bad Bruno isn't ready) We can trade one of our back-up pg's or pf's anybody know of somebody we can get before the trade deadline?

Wright as our 3rd pg, 3rd sg and 3rd sf is passable but not an ideal situation.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

"Plus picks" actually meant powell and two unprotected firsts, that's not plus picks, that's a kings ransom. How do you expect to beat the cavs with Cory Joseph running that offense? We're no further ahead, we need a BIG 3
        I love Powell but i still would.make that trade.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Lakers are going to try and out bid the Celtics for PG

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Yep. Lowry would not be part of the conversation, even if they weren't rebuilding (as an expiring you'd have to expect him to walk with so little time to try to convince him to stay).

JV seems the more obvious candidate, except Indy wants to play small with Turner at C.

Which means the most obvious package to offer from the Raps would actually be centered around DeRozan. Probably DD plus picks plus a prospect or two and taking back a contract Indy doesn't want (Monta maybe?). Not sure if Indy would be interested, but if they are not really looking to exit the playoffs, and are just worried about George bolting, then having an all-star locked in might not be that terrible a return for them.

I suppose ideally it gets centered on Carroll but there's no way for the Raps to add enough value around him.
            They want to play small because they don't have a jv, but bird saw first hand what jv can do in the playoffs. I like jv powell and 2 firsts...our big 4 would stack up.against anybody, heck it would even scare golden state..

Anyways back to reality lol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

They want to play small because they don't have a jv, but bird saw first hand what jv can do in the playoffs. I like jv powell and 2 firsts...our big 4 would stack up.against anybody, heck it would even scare golden state..

Anyways back to reality lol
              Bird specifically wanted a team that can run the floor constantly, for this year, that's why they had the roster and coach change in the off-season. JV would make them go backwards.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                While it's not the most critical need in the world with the loss of Ross we need a new backup/prospect sg/sf (too bad Bruno isn't ready) We can trade one of our back-up pg's or pf's anybody know of somebody we can get before the trade deadline?

Wright as our 3rd pg, 3rd sg and 3rd sf is passable but not an ideal situation.
                Bruno "2 years away from 2 years ready" ..... nobody said when the first 2 years actually commences I guess ....

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                  Bird specifically wanted a team that can run the floor constantly, for this year, that's why they had the roster and coach change in the off-season. JV would make them go backwards.
                  and how'd that work out for him? considering he's just over 500 and paul george may want out, i kinda think not so good.

Comment

• Some Beverley chatter out there.. would love him over CoJo.. but it doesn't look like the Raps are interested.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Agreed.

If you can do a package around DD then take it. I think Larry would rather have the nets pick tho.

Kyle, norm, PG-13 would be a great back court. PG is one of my favorite players. Some guys are more talented but I give a some weight to Paul bc hes a great teammate and person. I'm glad that character is important to masai as well.

Comment

• Bogdanovich and McCullough from the Nets to the Wizards for Nicholson, Marcus Thornton, and the Wizards' first round pick this year, as per Woj.
                        Last edited by Ebonhawke; Wed Feb 22, 2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• I believe JV's time in Toronto has come to an end and we need some role players who can push us deep in the playoff. I propose this trade before the deadline

Toronto out: JV, Jared Sullinger, Cory Joseph. 2017 1st round pick
                          Toronto in: Tyson Chandler, Jared Dudley, PJ Tucker. 2017 1st round pick
                          http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hns2adq

We get to swap picks with the Suns (I believe will be a lottery pick) where we can draft a PG and have Lowry walk in the offseason. Our Lineups would be

Lowry, DWright, FVV
                          DeRozan, Powell, PJ Tucker
                          DMC, JDudley, Bruno
                          Ibaka, 2Pat, Siakam
                          TChandler, Nogueira, Poeltl.

- Poeltl is our franchise C in 2-3 years and will become a better version JV.
                          - Dudley has two years contract and is a good trade bait in the offseason or next season beside him and PJ Tucker would be our
                          toughest 2nd unit defender when playoff comes around.
                          - Tyson Chandler is a downgrade over JV but he has more playoff experience and would be that rim protector the Raptors desperately needs
                          - We acquire a top lottery pick in a deep draft where we might draft one of Ball or Fulz or Smith or Fox

Comment

• A first rounder for Bogdanovic LOL

Comment

• What about Wes Matthews?
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• danno wrote: View Post
                                Bruno "2 years away from 2 years ready" ..... nobody said when the first 2 years actually commences I guess ....
                                One more yr. Then he's 22-23. Roughly same age as Delon and norm were at the draft. Masai signs him under the radar for below rookie scale (new CBA scale). Then with all our big money contracts locked in he becomes a cheap, decent #2/3 contract at the 4/3. He will be serviceable for our roster needs and cap with great intangibles and some upside. Best inbound defender award 2020?

Comment

Working...
                                X