Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Wow. JV not getting any love . Please D.C. If you read this site give him some fourth quarter minutes.
    That's not even a factor anymore. There are two big problems with JV's trade value now:

1. There is a glut of centers now available for trade. Lopez, Monroe, Okafor, Vucevic on offense, Bogut, Chandler, Noel, and possibly Drummond or Favors (who in today's NBA and with his reduced mobility is more of a C).

2. League opinion seems to have slotted him (fairly or not, depending on your opinion) into the all-offense, no-defense category, which is apparently the less desirable category.

You could probably still get a first rounder for him but he no longer seems like someone you could build a package around for a star, unless it was a distressed asset like Boogie.

Masai is a very skilled negotiator, though, so if anyone could extract serious value from Jonas, it's him.

Comment

• I think if Masai can't facilitate a trade around Sully, I think it would be wise to cut him and sign Matt Barnes for the season. The only thing about him is that his character might be the type that Masai wants to stay away from. But I think he would bring the toughness and defence required as a backup SF.

Comment

• Chandler’s frustration, according to the people, is born out of the inconsistency with his role. While he’s having a career year, averaging 15.4 points, 6.7 rebounds, two assists and 30.2 minutes per game for a 21-27 Nuggets team that is currently ninth in the Western Conference, he hasn’t started since Jan. 12 – a win over Indiana in which he had 22 points, eight rebounds, four assists, two steals and had a plus-22 rating.

The recent decision of Nuggets coach Mike Malone to reinsert forward Kenneth Faried into the starting lineup moved Chandler to a reserve role, with Danilo Gallinari filling the starting small forward spot (though he injured his groin in a loss to Memphis on Wednesday night). In all, Chandler – who had just four points (two of six shooting) in 25 minutes against the Grizzlies – has started in 13 of 44 games.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/nuggets/

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chandler wants a bigger role? Sounds like he wouldn't be happy here

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Chandler wants a bigger role? Sounds like he wouldn't be happy here
            I think he just wants to start. Which is why I mentioned Carroll+1st for him.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Yes, my point was since we have huge minutes eaters on the wing and PG, we should be utilizing cheap depth ont he wing and at PG. We have PG set up nicely if we move Cory, but Carroll is as big a commitment financially as JV and less important to the team.

Yeah, good luck with avoiding the tax entirely unless you are getting rid of JV, Cory AND Carroll.

That isn't accurate, in my opinion.

Minus Cory and JV they are looking at approximately $16m before striking luxury tax assuming you can get Lowry and Ibaka resigned for $50m combined.

I think JV and Corey are definite goners and the real choice will become 2Pat vs Carroll unless Raps are able to sign PP, their draft pick, and 2 more for $16m. $12m to PP, $1.5m to pick, and 2 minimum salaries? That leaves about $500k to sign training camp/905 players.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I think he just wants to start. Which is why I mentioned Carroll+1st for him.

It's going to be really difficult to upgrade the SF spot by trading Carroll for a better SF. Two more seasons of his salary is a lot to eat for a late first.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I'd be surprised if we made any more trades before the deadline.

Comment

• Odin wrote: View Post
                    That isn't accurate, in my opinion.

Minus Cory and JV they are looking at approximately $16m before striking luxury tax assuming you can get Lowry and Ibaka resigned for $50m combined.

I think JV and Corey are definite goners and the real choice will become 2Pat vs Carroll unless Raps are able to sign PP, their draft pick, and 2 more for $16m. $12m to PP, $1.5m to pick, and 2 minimum salaries? That leaves about $500k to sign training camp/905 players.
                    uh, you just proved his point more or less.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      uh, you just proved his point more or less.

How so?

Money is tight no doubt but that is why they have Bobby Webster.

Patterson turned down starting and more money once before to stay in a more comfortable situation.

Point is you don't need to get rid of JV, CoJo, and Carroll to avoid luxury tax.

Now if Lowry and Ibaka want full max they are entitled to, well, yeah, luxury tax here we come.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/834537365683073024

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Odin wrote: View Post
                          How so?

Money is tight no doubt but that is why they have Bobby Webster.

Patterson turned down starting and more money once before to stay in a more comfortable situation.

Point is you don't need to get rid of JV, CoJo, and Carroll to avoid luxury tax.

Now if Lowry and Ibaka want full max they are entitled to, well, yeah, luxury tax here we come.
                          uh, but you do, if you're assuming we're keeping Patterson. zero chance you get him for much less than 14-15M, which means you're going into the tax for sure.
                          Last edited by KHD; Wed Feb 22, 2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• If we get Chandler he starts over DC. DC plays backup 3, 25-30 minutes a night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              If we get Chandler he starts over DC. DC plays backup 3, 25-30 minutes a night.

He's a bad fit in the SL. His ideal role would be as a scorer off the bench

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                He's a bad fit in the SL. His ideal role would be as a scorer off the bench
                                I think he's a good release valve. He's a really good shooter and he can bail out demar and Kyle a lot. He can also play great defence.

Comment

Working...
                                X