Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    uh, but you do, if you're assuming we're keeping Patterson. zero chance you get him for much less than 14-15M, which means you're going into the tax for sure.
    Don't forget the carrot: Toronto can offer the 5th year no one else can in addition to a defined role on one of the top Eastern Conference teams with a coach who loves him.

I respect your opinion but don't see anything here that has a 0 chance.

Bobby Webster is paid a handsome figure to sort these $1-2m problems out.

Raps have ability to avoid the luxury tax without having to drop all 3 of Joseph, Carroll, and JV.

Comment

• Odin wrote: View Post
      Don't forget the carrot: Toronto can offer the 5th year no one else can in addition to a defined role on one of the top Eastern Conference teams with a coach who loves him.

Raps have ability to avoid the luxury tax without having to drop all 3 of Joseph, Carroll, and JV.
      Actually, forgot to mention higher raises as well. Lots of incentive for PP to stick around assuming he likes his current situation.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        I think he's a good release valve. He's a really good shooter and he can bail out demar and Kyle a lot. He can also play great defence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        His 3&D rep is a bit overblown.. he's really not great at either. Chandler's more of a shot creator & rebounder than he is a spot up shooting defender. He needs the ball quite a bit

Comment

• Give me Gallinari over Chandler.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Odin wrote: View Post

This isn't some convoluted trade machination that Webster can play some loopholes. It's nothing overly complicated, it's just the numbers guys are likely to want. you are stopping just short of expecting Patterson to stretch his 4 year deal's value over 5. It's not happening.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Give me Gallinari over Chandler.
              Yes this. If I'm giving up a 1st rounder because I want more scoring, then a guy like Gallo needs to be targeted. Raps are easily back in the ECF if he's coming off the bench

Comment

This isn't some convoluted trade machination that Webster can play some loopholes. It's nothing overly complicated, it's just the numbers guys are likely to want. you are stopping just short of expecting Patterson to stretch his 4 year deal's value over 5. It's not happening.
                Thor's dad is right, though.

Here's a list
                DeMar DeRozan $27.70
                Jonas Valanciunas $15.46
                Kyle Lowry $27.00
                Serge Ibaka $23.00
                Patrick Patterson $15.00
                Jakob Poeltl $2.83
                Lucas Nogueira $2.94
                Bruno Caboclo $2.45
                Delon Wright $1.65
                Pascal Siakam $1.25
                Norman Powell $1.01
                Fred VanVleet $0.91

Totals $121.20, which is less than the $122mm tax level.

That's just getting rid of Carroll and CoJo. Minimum salary is $0.56mm I think, so it would just take moving Bruno or something.

Depth wouldn't be great but it is definitely doable.
                Last edited by Scraptor; Wed Feb 22, 2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• I'd prefer not giving away a draft pick for a rental.. so no to Gallo. Plus I'd rather have a guy that can rebound (Chandler averages more rebounds per game, and has a better TRB%). Rebounding is a weakness.. and especially true if JV ever gets traded.

I just don't see Masai adding long term salary though.. Raptors want to be buyers but also have to deal with luxury tax.. I think we're going to be going bargain bin shopping.. meaning waiver wire shopping.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    I think he just wants to start. Which is why I mentioned Carroll+1st for him.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    I'm interested. You're sending out $17m and getting back $11m. This complicates $ for Pat. If you send Cory too then you saved $13m which helps. It's an overpay but sheds salary.
                    I like that Chandler he has 2+ yrs on that deal but I don't like his D, he's 3℅ is meh, boards and versatility are good.
                    I think I might revisit this in the summer.

Comment

I'm not sure how you can be so adamant.

If I recall correct, in 2014 he took about $2m per year less to stay in Toronto and come off bench rather than go to Orlando and start.

Comment

• Sixers' gonna Six

Sixers are finalizing a trade to Ersan Ilyasova to Atlanta for Tiago Splitter and two second-round picks, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Thor's dad is right, though.

Here's a list
                          DeMar DeRozan $27.70
                          Jonas Valanciunas $15.46
                          Kyle Lowry $27.00
                          Serge Ibaka $23.00
                          Patrick Patterson $15.00
                          Jakob Poeltl $2.83
                          Lucas Nogueira $2.94
                          Bruno Caboclo $2.45
                          Delon Wright $1.65
                          Pascal Siakam $1.25
                          Norman Powell $1.01
                          Fred VanVleet $0.91

Totals $121.20, which is less than the $122mm tax level.

That's just getting rid of Carroll and CoJo. Minimum salary is $0.56mm I think, so it would just take moving Bruno or something.

Depth wouldn't be great but it is definitely doable.
                          You're missing the 1st Rd pick. Do we know the rookie scale?
                          Dumping cojo and DMC for $.5m and Lowry+Ibaka for $60m might be optimistic. I guess you traded the 1st w/cojo+DMC for $.5m? Where thin at SF badly. Maybe toupane?

Comment

• Ilyasova to Atlanta. Dude has been traded 5 times in like 2 seasons.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              I'm interested. You're sending out $17m and getting back $11m. This complicates $ for Pat. If you send Cory too then you saved $13m which helps. It's an overpay but sheds salary.
                              I like that Chandler he has 2+ yrs on that deal but I don't like his D, he's 3℅ is meh, boards and versatility are good.
                              I think I might revisit this in the summer.
                              Wilson Chandler also gives you 2pat insurance. Just in case someone throws 20 mill at him.

Yeah the only way I can see him coming here is with Carroll going out.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I'd prefer not giving away a draft pick for a rental.. so no to Gallo. Plus I'd rather have a guy that can rebound (Chandler averages more rebounds per game, and has a better TRB%). Rebounding is a weakness.. and especially true if JV ever gets traded.

I just don't see Masai adding long term salary though.. Raptors want to be buyers but also have to deal with luxury tax.. I think we're going to be going bargain bin shopping.. meaning waiver wire shopping.
                                We need shooting though. The ONLY reliable 3pt shooter that we have now is Lowry. Patterson has struggled shooting in the clutch. Carroll has struggled all year. Powell has been up and down.

I wouldn't have a problem giving up a late 1st rd pick for a player like Gallo.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X