Patrick Patterson $15.00
      Jakob Poeltl $2.83
      Lucas Nogueira $2.94
      Bruno Caboclo $2.45
      Delon Wright $1.65
      Pascal Siakam $1.25
      Norman Powell $1.01
      Fred VanVleet $0.91

Totals $121.20, which is less than the $122mm tax level.

That's just getting rid of Carroll and CoJo. Minimum salary is $0.56mm I think, so it would just take moving Bruno or something.

Depth wouldn't be great but it is definitely doable.
      draft pick will be about 1.5M.

Furthermore, i highly doubt you get Lowry/Ibaka for 50M. Lowry will get a max offer.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Wilson Chandler also gives you 2pat insurance. Just in case someone throws 20 mill at him.

Yeah the only way I can see him coming here is with Carroll going out.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        Yeah, nets $ is scary in a lot of deals. I'm a pretty big pat fan so I see Chandler as as DMC upgrade, not a Pat sub. D is big for me.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

Furthermore, i highly doubt you get Lowry/Ibaka for 50M. Lowry will get a max offer.
          Is it $1.5 or going up? I thought new CBA is like double the old scale?

Comment

• Yeah, guys, if you are assuming 50M for Lowry/Ibaka, you might want to readjust your expectations. That's very much a best case scenario number. I doubt we get Lowry for only 30M a year, and I doubt we get Serge for only 20M. More likely 35 and 25 starting salaries, maybe slightly less. Pat should be about 15, maybe more if the market is good to him, or a team figures they can pry him away with a big offer with us paying Ibaka. That projects to be a good 10M into the tax with Carroll or JV still here.

Maybe the tax goes up, or we get sweetheart deals for our FA's. But that's not something we should plan on.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              Is it $1.5 or going up? I thought new CBA is like double the old scale?
              They are rolling out the doubling of rookie scale deals over 4 years. In the first year, it is only slightly higher than it was projected to be. But with the 120% max offer now being the cap hold, and the old value for a mid-twenties pick being about 1M, in total it jumps up about 50% this coming summer, to 1.5M.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This was just posted, but I wonder if this is referencing the old tidbits about Jonas-Drummond:

Sources told ESPN's Brian Windhorst, meanwhile, that the Pistons and Toronto Raptors have also had exploratory Drummond discussions.
                http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-caldwell-pope

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, guys, if you are assuming 50M for Lowry/Ibaka, you might want to readjust your expectations. That's very much a best case scenario number. I doubt we get Lowry for only 30M a year, and I doubt we get Serge for only 20M. More likely 35 and 25 starting salaries, maybe slightly less. Pat should be about 15, maybe more if the market is good to him, or a team figures they can pry him away with a big offer with us paying Ibaka. That projects to be a good 10M into the tax with Carroll or JV still here.

Maybe the tax goes up, or we get sweetheart deals for our FA's. But that's not something we should plan on.
                  or something we should be worried about atm. not like any salary shedding deals are likely to be completed before tomorrow anyways. This is the team we are rolling with and any move MU makes now will likely only involve Sully, Bebe, Poeltl, FVV, bruno and/or picks. A small move that may improve wing depth and maybe get Carroll thinking his minutes and role might be threatened so as to provide him with some extra motivation to play better. I really don't think MU wants to trade his two vet FA signings just yet, unless it's a clear upgrade coming back. And he certainly doesn't want to open up another hole in the roster going into the playoffs. If salary does need to be shed, it's something that will be addressed after the season is over.

Comment

• I like Drummonds fit on this team, but man that inability to hit free throws is a deal breaker for me. No way I'd trade JV for a guy that can't stay on the floor in the 4th. Now JV sometimes doesn't play the 4th much either, but at least he's 7M cheaper.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

Lowry might take the same deal DD did...5 years 140$M....co captains carrying the same deals....might be wishful thinking ...
                      Ibaka at 5 and 110$M is big money..but he isn't carrying all star credentials.....it's the term that's the leap of faith...
                      Ppat could land at 4 and 60$M

You'd be pretty top heavy on your salary curve...3 guys making 75$..(dd, kyle, serge) the next three making 45$....( JV, pat, demarre) then Joseph at 7...then all those rookie deals at a combined 15 to 20M$...they will be a tax team.

MLSE will go the tax route for a couple of years ..At that point Carroll comes off the books and if they are really leaking oil Ujiri can unload a big salary to a cap team giving up draft picks to do it..expensive but if its necessary it's a viable way out...

Time to take your shot ...and see what happens...MLSE can afford it and is willing to do so under the stewardship of Ujiri who is a very capable executive.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        This was just posted, but I wonder if this is referencing the old tidbits about Jonas-Drummond:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-caldwell-pope
                        ��
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          Sixers' gonna Six

Sixers are finalizing a trade to Ersan Ilyasova to Atlanta for Tiago Splitter and two second-round picks, league sources tell @TheVertical.
                          Pretty decent trade. Atlanta saves a million dollars, Sixers get two 2nd round picks. Both expiring contracts

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            They are rolling out the doubling of rookie scale deals over 4 years. In the first year, it is only slightly higher than it was projected to be. But with the 120% max offer now being the cap hold, and the old value for a mid-twenties pick being about 1M, in total it jumps up about 50% this coming summer, to 1.5M.
                            Thx. 4 yrs is too slow. All the top guys should make a little less and the bottom a little more imo.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              Pretty decent trade. Atlanta saves a million dollars, Sixers get two 2nd round picks. Both expiring contracts
                              Yeah and they get the best Atlanta second rounder, which at 31 is almost a first rounder without the guaranteed salary. Very solid deal for the Sixers.

Comment

• A Ibaka/Drummond froncourt would be the perfect complement to Lowry/Deebo backcourt.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X