Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    If Indy trades George it will be to rebuild around Turner. They won't want JV.

Suns aren't trading their pick for ours with JV/CoJo as the only benefit. They have a 56% chance at a top 3 pick.
    They were interested in Okafor just a day or two ago, could conclude they think Turner may fit better (for now) at 4. Who knows? Turner from what I've seen, has had trouble with the big guys at the 5 - and this isn't based off the 1st round last year.

They might like JV in that case.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      A Ibaka/Drummond froncourt would be the perfect complement to Lowry/Deebo backcourt.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      it's almost as good as an Ibaka/JV frontcourt!

Comment

• On my phone so don't have the link but Detroit shopping Drummond and KWP

JV + COJO + 2018 RAPS FIRST
        For
        Drummond + salary fillers

Or

JV + Powell + Cojo + 2017 first, 2018 second
        For
        Drummond, KWP

Or

JV + Bebe + 2017 pick
        For
        Drummond
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

A Ibaka/Drummond froncourt would be the perfect complement to Lowry/Deebo backcourt.

I honestly don't know why we want Drummond. If he is the better defender, it's by a slight amount. Jonas makes up for whatever small amount he loses on defence with his offensive ability - he can actually finish with a hook shot around the rim and shoot midrange shots, which opens the floor up for DeMar and Kyle.

Let's say it's a wash - we'd still have to match salaries which means sending JV+ not just JV. Even if Drummond is a better fit it's a waste of assets.

Comment

I agree but it's not about that. Drummond is one of the best big in the game, all star caliber player. Adding him to this team would instantly make us better.

This is all a pipedream though. No way the Pistons would trade Drummond for JV.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Drummond makes almost double of what JV does. It doesn't make any sense to trade JV for Drummond after the Ibaka trade.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                I honestly don't know why we want Drummond. If he is the better defender, it's by a slight amount. Jonas makes up for whatever small amount he loses on defence with his offensive ability - he can actually finish with a hook shot around the rim and shoot midrange shots, which opens the floor up for DeMar and Kyle.

Let's say it's a wash - we'd still have to match salaries which means sending JV+ not just JV. Even if Drummond is a better fit it's a waste of assets.
                We barely use JV on the offensive side

Just imagine Drummond catching lots from lowry, he's fast, strong and athletic, plus a year young, and hands down the nest rebounder in the league. He's the perfect fit best Whiteside
                Abbas wrote:

Comment

• I'm starting to come around on the Drummond thing. He gets you 15ppg and he isn't a post up big. He'll get us 12-15 rpg. Even if he can't play in the 4th, we can still play him in the last 2 minutes due to the rule change, and our best lineup will be with serge at the 5 and pat at the 4 anyways. I think offensively the fit is really good especially considering how many shots our guards miss (oreb opportunities). Masai should kick the tires one more time on a JV +filler for Drummond swap. Maybe we can get Aaron baynes to replace Bebe as backup 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    it's almost as good as an Ibaka/JV frontcourt!
                    I don't think people realize Drummond has the same limitations defending the PnR as JV lol

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

Just imagine Drummond catching lots from lowry, he's fast, strong and athletic, plus a year young, and hands down the nest rebounder in the league. He's the perfect fit best Whiteside
                      Sorry on my phone

Lobs*
                      *best
                      Beside*
                      Abbas wrote:

Comment

• One problem I have with Drummond is that I don't think his game would translate well to the playoffs considering he's offensively limited, and we need that boost since Lowry/DD are going to struggle more. That's one of the best things about JV, he always elevates his game in the playoffs.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                          One problem I have with Drummond is that I don't think his game would translate well to the playoffs considering he's offensively limited, and we need that boost since Lowry/DD are going to struggle more. That's one of the best things about JV, he always elevates his game in the playoffs.
                          I disagree. Drummond will average like 20 points and 20 rebounds in the Playoffs cleaning up all of Lowry and Derozan's bricks.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

Again, not disputing he's not a (somewhat) better fit. It's the waste of assets that would occur if we traded for him. It can't be a 1-for-1 deal because Jonas' contract is much cheaper. So we have to send more assets - a waste of assets since they're equivalent talents, even though one may be a better fit.

Comment

• Every once in a while during trade deadline season, someone will bring out the cliché "players are people" (as we move them around like commodities). That said, it was nice to see a story on NBATV tonight showing how Brandon Roy is getting a new (successful) start as a high school basketball coach. Good for him. And of course, now they're showing the Terrence Ross Open Gym.

Comment

• There's no way in hell Masai brings in swaggy P right? Please tell me there is no way.

Blake and now Grange saying it's not crazy. They're crazy right? It is crazy right??
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X