No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George to Boston would be frustrating. He's a generational talent and if Ainge doesn't give up the first pick for him, I don't know what he's saving it for.

Comment

• Great trade by Bryan Colangelo!

There were going to lose Noel for nothing and since returning from injury he really looks mediocre. I don't know how much protection is on that pick but if it's only top 5 or so that would be an incredible haul for an expiring Noel.

PHI = the future of this league

2nd fav team right now.

Comment

• Ainge is truly an idiot if he thinks he can get PG without the Nets pick.

Pretty much every team in the league can top what he offers if he's not giving up his top picks.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          Great trade by Bryan Colangelo!

There were going to lose Noel for nothing and since returning from injury he really looks mediocre. I don't know how much protection is on that pick but if it's only top 5 or so that would be an incredible haul for an expiring Noel.

2nd fav team right now.

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Don't do it Ainge!

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              Great trade by Bryan Colangelo!

2nd fav team right now.
              Apparently it's top 18 protected, which makes it less valuable.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                Apparently it's top 18 protected, which makes it less valuable.
                LOL nevermind....Justin Anderson is an alright piece but with top 18 protection not only will that player likely be average but they're not going to get that pick until 2032.

Comment

• I'm actually not that terrified of George going to Boston, especially if the Raptors can land another wing (preferably defender).

I think Ibaka will have that big of an effect and I don't believe Boston is as good as everyone says. Raptors playing at their worst still almost beat them but for IT going ham.

Plus, the haul for George will weaken at least he Celtics bench, likely their starters too.
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

• Can Joel and Jahlil play side by side?

I have to say, I thought Colangelo could have done better. I guess he's banking on the Mavs being horrible next season.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      I'm actually not that terrified of George going to Boston, especially if the Raptors can land another wing (preferably defender).

I think Ibaka will have that big of an effect and I don't believe Boston is as good as everyone says. Raptors playing at their worst still almost beat them but for IT going ham.

Plus, the haul for George will weaken at least he Celtics bench, likely their starters too.
                      Apparently the likely top three Brooklyn pick is at the heart of the trade now. The Celtics may not have to give up anything but prospects if they shower the Pacers in picks. They may come out of this as legit eastern conference contenders.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Can Joel and Jahlil play side by side?

I have to say, I thought Colangelo could have done better. I guess he's banking on the Mavs being horrible next season.
                        Even if they are, odds are the protections last for more than a year.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Even if they are, odds are the protections last for more than a year.
                          Well all we know so far is that it's protected this year. I'm not sure why Colangelo does this deal if it's unlikely he gets the pick for years. My guess is the pick is not protected next year.

Comment

Well all we know so far is that it's protected this year. I'm not sure why Colangelo does this deal if it's unlikely he gets the pick for years. My guess is the pick is not protected next year.
                            I'll take that bet. Most often when teams protect a pick heavily like that, they don't let it default to an unprotected 1st. They might shrink the protection a bit as the years go on, but will usually have it default to two 2nds if it is not delivered. Rare is the unprotected gem at the end of the rainbow.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Can Joel and Jahlil play side by side?

They won't be playing side by side.

If he's not traded by end of day he will be gone either by the draft or following deadline. He is a C and despite Simmons handling PG duties I'm willing to bet long term he will be play at the PF position especially after this draft when they come away with one of DS Jr, Ball or Monk. They made it clear at this last draft who they consider a part of their future...Noel AND Okafor's names were both clearly excluded.

Comment

• Right now I'd take the Raptors over Boston in a series without hesitation, if the Celtics get PG they are at least on Toronto's level and arguably ahead of us.

Also, next to Kawhi, PG is probably the best SF a team that wants to beat the Cavs could get.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X