Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Apparently the likely top three Brooklyn pick is at the heart of the trade now. The Celtics may not have to give up anything but prospects if they shower the Pacers in picks. They may come out of this as legit eastern conference contenders.
    It's Paul George, the Pacers are going to want some combination of Bradley/smart/crowder plus Rozier and this years 1st. Potentially Amir too for salary.

There's word that they are going after Gallinari as a back up, since it would take significantly less to land him that trade in the short term would scare me more. But i still don't think the celts are a threat against the raptors at their peak.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Even if they are, odds are the protections last for more than a year.
      Yeah my guess would be the protection reduces to top 15, then top 10, top 5 then eventually unprotected.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Right now I'd take the Raptors over Boston in a series without hesitation, if the Celtics get PG they are at least on Toronto's level and arguably ahead of us.

Also, next to Kawhi, PG is probably the best SF a team that wants to beat the Cavs could get.
        Butler...
        Because its 2015

Comment

Right now I'd take the Raptors over Boston in a series without hesitation, if the Celtics get PG they are at least on Toronto's level and arguably ahead of us.

Also, next to Kawhi, PG is probably the best SF a team that wants to beat the Cavs could get.
          If they get PG they are better than us.

Especially if they somehow hold on to Crowder.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
            Butler...
            ...is a SG.

Comment

• Shabbazz would be a nice get. Big 3 shooting 41% this year.... Minnesota looking for a pick
              Because its 2015

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                I know one RR poster whose going to be devastated that the Raptors didn't trade for Noel
                Nah, his trade value and projected FA $ got too high. Plus we got Ibaka to protect the rim.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  ...is a SG.
                  ...that can guard Lebron....and I'm pretty sure he's been playing the 3 in rondo/wade/butler line ups.....
                  Because its 2015

Comment

...that can guard Lebron....and I'm pretty sure he's been playing the 3 in rondo/wade/butler line ups.....
                    While he can't guard LeBron, Powell also plays the 3 doesn't make him a SF.

I also don't think Butler can handle LeBron.

Comment

They won't be playing side by side.

If he's not traded by end of day he will be gone either by the draft or following deadline. He is a C and despite Simmons handling PG duties I'm willing to bet long term he will be play at the PF position especially after this draft when they come away with one of DS Jr, Ball or Monk. They made it clear at this last draft who they consider a part of their future...Noel AND Okafor's names were both clearly excluded.
                      I always thought they'd keep one of the 2, and more recently I thought it'd be noel. Its always nice to have one quality big off the bench, especially in Philly with Embiids health always a question. Noel was a nice insurance policy and they dumped him for peanuts, if okafor goes for a small return that's just bad asset management imo
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

While he can't guard LeBron, Powell also plays the 3 doesn't make him a SF.

I also don't think Butler can handle LeBron.
                        No one can REALLY guard Lebron, it's about making it hard and slowing him down.

Yeah, I give it to you on the Powell point. I guess it really doesn't matter what you call him since so many guys play so many positions as it is. Indiana wanted to make George a PF this year
                        Because its 2015

Comment

• If I'm BOS I'd rather have PG than Butler, especially if I could keep Crowder.

But even if I couldn't Bradley is a monster defensively at SG already, on the flip side Jimmy isn't a great shooter, Paul is and will help further space out the floor and plays off the ball better than Butler does too. Not to mention PG is actually a good defender and can take over on ANY team to get big buckets (not just a Raptor killer like JB) and he is a legit SF at 6'9 that doesn't give up any length to anyone other than Giannis or Durant.

Comment

No one can REALLY guard Lebron, it's about making it hard and slowing him down.

Yeah, I give it to you on the Powell point. I guess it really doesn't matter what you call him since so many guys play so many positions as it is. Indiana wanted to make George a PF this year
                            PG can give LeBron just as many problems and arguably more as it is much harder to shoot over top of a longer George. Then on the other end George is a much better shooter and plays a lot better off the ball as a spot up shooter which is needed with IT at the helm as JB is ball dominant. Bradley or Crowder can give majority of the defence at the SG position as well anyways. Versus having Butler and Brown void of 3pt shooting and neither playing off the ball well.

FAR better fit for their roster imo.

Comment

If they get PG they instantly become better than us. They'll just simply be better. PG to Boston = Boston going to ECF to get spanked by Lebron.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                                If they get PG they instantly become better than us. They'll just simply be better. PG to Boston = Boston going to ECF to get spanked by Lebron.
                                Agreed.

But they would STILL have money and possibly some picks to add yet another piece and eventually get over the hump of an aging LBJ who is being run into the ground and plays the most games every single year.

Comment

Working...
                                X