Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Exactly. Pictures like this make me wonder what 2nd banana Boogie is thinking, and if he's going to be ready for that role:

winning changes everything
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      Is tucker going to supplant Carrol in the starting lineup?
      Good on Tucker if he does, but thus Tucker is saying EXTEND ME NOW!

Comment

• Get Bogut and this will have been as good of a trade deadline ask we could have possibly asked for sans getting a star.

Comment

• "At this point I'm certain the Ibaka signing will do one thing. I can see it now. JV plays with Ibaka and Patterson and he weaknesses are hidden, and by the end of the year and some people will be looking at any plus minus only and will call JV an awesome defender."

poster from real gm said this and i totally agree
          Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            winning changes everything

Never understimate the power of an NBA ego!
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Never understimate the power of an NBA ego!
              3 rings
              Abbas wrote:

Comment

"At this point I'm certain the Ibaka signing will do one thing. I can see it now. JV plays with Ibaka and Patterson and he weaknesses are hidden, and by the end of the year and some people will be looking at any plus minus only and will call JV an awesome defender."

Awesome defender?! Not bloody likely.

They may mask it but no one is blind. JV still doesn't have the lateral quickness to handle a guard when he gets caught in a PnR or the speed to get out and contest a perimeter shot. It's not like he played next to Patterson and didn't notice those things.

But hopefully it does make it appear that he's improved to bring his trade value up a bit more as it's clear he's not really a part of our long term picture and we will need to clear up some cap space.

Comment

• A few things this trade deadline...

Just how bad an exec is Phil Jackson ? As bad as Vlade Divac.. maybe worse. At least Vlade got rid of Boogie and the Kings can start over. Phil with all that bluster about trading Carmelo and then about moving Derrick Rose and he winds up holding his dick in his hand and has two guys on payroll who likely won't work too hard down the stretch. A putz like no other.

Danny Ainge and his limitless assets whiffed at the deadline yet again. To paraphrase Chruchill."Never in the history of mankind has so little been done with so much." Ainge lost all his leverage on expiring contracts and he missed out on a moment of weakness in the Bulls front office when they actually might have moved Jimmy. Called strike 3.

Sean Marks did a great job. He has nothing to work with. Nothing. Yet he wound up with a 2nd first round pick and the perpetually traded yet never used potential of KJ McDaniels. He still has the good Lopez to deal at the draft for another first if he can find a buyer. Good on the Nets post Billy The Moron King.

The Hinkies just keep on trading picks for more picks. Its now been 5 years since they started the Process and they are no closer to contending than they were 5 years ago. They traded a 6th round pick in Noel for a non lottery pick. Still tough in the city of brotherly love.

Cleveland is going to the equivalent of winners to shop for a PG in the next weeks. Rondo in Cleveland ? Possible. Thats not going to help an already kind of fragile locker room.

Mark Cuban just helped his team immensely. He now has Wes Mathews on the wing. Barnes on the Wing and a legit mobile C in Noel. Maybe Dallas gets to the playoffs instead of the Pelys.

Masai Ujiri has shown to be an incredibly competent executive. He has built a great team around him with Jeff Weltman and the organization exudes stability and professionalism. Be happy Raptor fans and count our blessings as you look to the doofus laden regimes in New York, Sacramento, Chicago and Philly. Ujiri ,if the Raps get to the ECF or beyond,is a good bet for his second exec of the year award.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

3 rings
                    Exactly, & they still couldn't stay together.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                      Get Bogut and this will have been as good of a trade deadline ask we could have possibly asked for sans getting a star.
                      Off to D-League Jakob! Thanks for the game vs. the Hornets

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        A few things this trade deadline...

Just how bad an exec is Phil Jackson ? As bad as Vlade Divac.. maybe worse. At least Vlade got rid of Boogie and the Kings can start over. Phil with all that bluster about trading Carmelo and then about moving Derrick Rose and he winds up holding his dick in his hand and has two guys on payroll who likely won't work too hard down the stretch. A putz like no other.

Danny Ainge and his limitless assets whiffed at the deadline yet again. To paraphrase Chruchill."Never in the history of mankind has so little been done with so much." Ainge lost all his leverage on expiring contracts and he missed out on a moment of weakness in the Bulls front office when they actually might have moved Jimmy. Called strike 3.

Sean Marks did a great job. He has nothing to work with. Nothing. Yet he wound up with a 2nd first round pick and the perpetually traded yet never used potential of KJ McDaniels. He still has the good Lopez to deal at the draft for another first if he can find a buyer. Good on the Nets post Billy The Moron King.

The Hinkies just keep on trading picks for more picks. Its now been 5 years since they started the Process and they are no closer to contending than they were 5 years ago. They traded a 6th round pick in Noel for a non lottery pick. Still tough in the city of brotherly love.

Cleveland is going to the equivalent of winners to shop for a PG in the next weeks. Rondo in Cleveland ? Possible. Thats not going to help an already kind of fragile locker room.

Mark Cuban just helped his team immensely. He now has Wes Mathews on the wing. Barnes on the Wing and a legit mobile C in Noel. Maybe Dallas gets to the playoffs instead of the Pelys.

Masai Ujiri has shown to be an incredibly competent executive. He has built a great team around him with Jeff Weltman and the organization exudes stability and professionalism. Be happy Raptor fans and count our blessings as you look to the doofus laden regimes in New York, Sacramento, Chicago and Philly. Ujiri ,if the Raps get to the ECF or beyond,is a good bet for his second exec of the year award.
                        Cuban needs to barely make it to get the range of the 17th or 18th place to nab the 1st Round pick

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          Yeah Boston missed on the Jimmy deal was a big blow, could have been a game changer for them. However Boston is set to get the top pick in this year draft which is depressing as fuck, unless of course the chances of draft day deal for either Jimmy or Paul George increases as a result and that isn't good either.

Comment

• I really hate that guys like d-will get waived and claimed by teams like the Cavs.
                            They need to change the rules somehow. I can't think of a way of doing it, maybe the team taking on the player gets taxed on himself old salary but the player only collects agreed contract (vet minimum)

Comment

"At this point I'm certain the Ibaka signing will do one thing. I can see it now. JV plays with Ibaka and Patterson and he weaknesses are hidden, and by the end of the year and some people will be looking at any plus minus only and will call JV an awesome defender."

Well sure, some people will say that. But if the 'one thing' that this GM poster is focusing on is that it their internet argument over JV's weaknesses a little tougher, and not the fact that we just got an awesome PF who could significantly mask JV's weaknesses and make our team a hell of a lot more effective... well all I'll say is that's a really weird priority to focus on. Forget about how your Internet arguments will be affected if things work out with them on the court together, and be excited about how effective this team could be if things work out.

Comment

• Alex91 wrote: View Post
                                I really hate that guys like d-will get waived and claimed by teams like the Cavs.
                                They need to change the rules somehow. I can't think of a way of doing it, maybe the team taking on the player gets taxed on himself old salary but the player only collects agreed contract (vet minimum)
                                Nah leave it, that's how we got Corey Joseph, Biz last year and Sully this year (who got us PJ Tucker!) so to each his own. Usually when a team is gearing up for a championship they will always pick up a bargain and our GM is a master of picking up bargains.

Comment

Working...
                                X